Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Cavs are looking to move top pick, Gay for #1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dude himself compared himself to Tayshawn Prince. I would rather Rudy Gay and his large contract than a younger Prince.
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

lol. i dunno what to tell you then. memphis just replaced rudy gay with an ancient and decrepit tayshaun prince and didn't miss a beat.

Comment

chris wrote: View Post
        lol. i dunno what to tell you then. memphis just replaced rudy gay with an ancient and decrepit tayshaun prince and didn't miss a beat.
        They actually got better by most metrics!

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
          They actually got better by most metrics!
          i know man! and actually tay in his prime was like teh ultimate team player and 3 and D guy and the more i think about it love him on a cavs squad with two guys who need the ball so much!

Comment

They beat an overrated clippers team and a undermanned thunders team?
            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
              They beat an overrated clippers team and a undermanned thunders team?
              Amount of playoff series the Grizzlies won this year after the Rudy trade = 2
              Amount of playoff series Rudy Gay has won in his entire career = 0

Comment

Amount of playoff series the Grizzlies won this year after the Rudy trade = 2
                Amount of playoff series Rudy Gay has won in his entire career = 0
                You make it seem like that wouldn't of been possible with Gay.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

You make it seem like that wouldn't of been possible with Gay.
                  I'm not saying that at all. You were arguing that the Grizzlies were a better team with Gay in the mix, even though they improved by most offensive/defensive metrics after he left AND their overall win-loss record got better. They also reeled off the best run in franchise history this postseason, coupled with their other Western conference run two seasons ago when Rudy Gay was out of the lineup for the entire playoffs.

Comment

matt52 wrote: View Post
                    espn insider via hoopshype.com:

There were rumours about gay in the past linked to cleveland.

Would you move gay for the #1 pick?
                    lol no.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Give Rudy and DeMar a full season if it doesnt work then blow it up, watched them play 2 and a half months together and it was the most exciting Raptor basketball since....well VC era leave those 2 alone for now.

Comment

I'm not saying that at all. You were arguing that the Grizzlies were a better team with Gay in the mix, even though they improved by most offensive/defensive metrics after he left AND their overall win-loss record got better. They also reeled off the best run in franchise history this postseason, coupled with their other Western conference run two seasons ago when Rudy Gay was out of the lineup for the entire playoffs.
                        I never said they were better with him. I just said I would rather Gay offer Otto Porter. With Gays contract especially if Otto Porter has the #1 pick tag on him.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          Give Rudy and DeMar a full season if it doesnt work then blow it up, watched them play 2 and a half months together and it was the most exciting Raptor basketball since....well VC era leave those 2 alone for now.
                          This.

Not sure about blowing it up though if it doesn't work out. If it doesn't work out, one of them needs to go.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
                            No.Rudy is the Face of this Franchise.
                            Sorry I think part of your post got cut out, I'm sure you meant to type "Rudy('s contract) is the Face(palm) of this Franchise."?

The dude himself compared himself to Tayshawn Prince. I would rather Rudy Gay and his large contract than a younger Prince.
                            Then your on crack. I can see the argument that you'd rather have the current gay over the current prince, but prince in his prime is EXACTLY what this team needs.

i know man! and actually tay in his prime was like the ultimate team player and 3 and D guy
                            +1 000 000
                            "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                              Sorry I think part of your post got cut out, I'm sure you meant to type "Rudy('s contract) is the Face(palm) of this Franchise."?

Then your on crack. I can see the argument that you'd rather have the current gay over the current prince, but prince in his prime is EXACTLY what this team needs.

+1 000 000
                              The only reason Prince was so good, was cause he was surrounded by a great cast of above average players. You put him on this team he doesn't effect winning the way Rudy Gay does for this team. He would just be another Landry Fields(with his jump shot).
                              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The only reason Prince was so good, was cause he was surrounded by a great cast of above average players. You put him on this team he doesn't effect winning the way Rudy Gay does for this team. He would just be another Landry Fields(with his jump shot).

But landry fields with a jump shot, is actually what this team needs. And how exactly did rudy gay effect winning here in toronto? we did just about the same with him as without
                                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Working...
                                X