Maybe KG Isn't a Prick After All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe KG Isn't a Prick After All

LOL ... nah, I think no matter how nice anyone thought the gesture was, KG will always be a prick.

Chris Bosh can thank Kevin Garnett for a happy homecoming.

On Saturday, Garnett gave East coach Stan Van Gundy some subtle advice.

"He said, ‘Hey, play me the first time out each half. It’s Chris’ hometown, so give him a lot of minutes," Van Gundy said. "So I was glad we were able to do that. I thought it was great."

"Chris played very well," Van Gundy said. "It was obvious not just with his numbers, but with the way he was playing, running up and down the court with great energy, that this day was important for him."

Bosh finished with 23 points, the third-highest total for the East, and also had 10 rebounds and a couple of crowd-pleasing dunks.

Although he didn’t start, he played more than 29 minutes, the most of any player on either team other than LeBron James (32 minutes) and Dwyane Wade (31 minutes).

Making the moment even bigger was the crowd of 108,713, the most ever to watch a basketball game.

"He played extremely hard, so I’m very happy for him," Van Gundy said.

"[Playing in front of] 108,000 people in his hometown, a double-double and the winning points, I thought it was a great day for him."
    Source - Click here

KG ***hole meter went down....
    Glad he did it.

Comment

Nice gesture...but I still dislike that C**tic. Speaking of pricks, anyone else notice how Pierce pretty much refused to pass the ball to CB last night? They were on the court together for several minutes a couple of times and that C**tic passes the ball to CB only once even though he had several opportunities.

At least KG was cheering on CB, but you could tell there was no love lost, at least on the part of Pierce, between those two.

Comment

Garnett didn't want to play, anyway, since he's not healthy. He's still a dick in my books. Even dicks can do nice things.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

He probably had a bum knee or something and played it off like he is a good guy.

Maybe as KG grows older, he realises that he ain't the player he used to be and it humble's him.

ahh who am I kidding , he is still a prick! I would still love to see Reggie Evans knock him on his ass and watch KG cower away in fear.

Comment

I never found KG to be too bad a guy, even though I hate the team he now plays for. Maybe I'm going crazy, but I don't seem to hate him or them so much when they're not doing so well... Ah, who am I kidding, F Them All! I'll even guarantee a Raptor win in the next meeting.

Comment

On the court the guy brings a level of intensity that's rarely seen. That doesn't mean he's a prick but he'll play and talk his way to victory. Sports are more than just a game of skill. They're physical, mental and vocal games too. The guys that bring it are the greats. Everyone else is just good or real good.

Comment

He is a prick, but I wish Bosh would have some of his attitude.

Comment

Nice gesture to Bosh but i still think the guy is an ass
                  Ill never forget when the whole Boston bench were paying golf during a game vs the Raps

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                    He probably had a bum knee or something and played it off like he is a good guy.

Maybe as KG grows older, he realises that he ain't the player he used to be and it humble's him.

ahh who am I kidding , he is still a prick! I would still love to see Reggie Evans knock him on his ass and watch KG cower away in fear.

+ 1

Haha, and +1 to this thread. I love reading all the KG bashing. How anyone can say KG is not a prick after watching that vid is beyond me.

Comment

after reading some of these posts .. i still dont see any valid reason why you guys are hating on KG
                      ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

tdoto wrote: View Post
                        after reading some of these posts .. i still dont see any valid reason why you guys are hating on KG
                        For me, this sorta summarizes why I can't stand KG. (Read some of the comments below the article too)

Link: http://dimemag.com/2008/11/kevin-gar...ation-tactics/

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                          Nice gesture...but I still dislike that C**tic. Speaking of pricks, anyone else notice how Pierce pretty much refused to pass the ball to CB last night? They were on the court together for several minutes a couple of times and that C**tic passes the ball to CB only once even though he had several opportunities.

At least KG was cheering on CB, but you could tell there was no love lost, at least on the part of Pierce, between those two.
                          Yeah, I noticed that even when the East team would huddle during time-outs... CB4 & PP avoided eachother and there was absolutely no high-fiving, etc. between the two even after the game.
                          Everyone hates the C**tics... LA, Orlando, Atlanta etc. In fact I have hated every Boston for 20+ years! I can't wait for the next Boston-Toronto game... I hope Reggie squeezes the life outta PP.

Comment

People hate the Celtics not because they're good but because they're egotistical, unsportsmanlike asses. As dominate as Shaq & Kobe were you never saw them pull the crap that KG does. Same goes the Duncan & the Spurs, the Pistons and Wade & Shaq. Where was all that B.S. when he was playing for the T-Wolves and it was all on him to win games in the playoffs? If he gets down on his hands and knees and attempts to humiliate a Raptors again somebody needs to hard foul his ass to the floor.

Comment

apollo wrote: View Post
                              people hate the celtics not because they're good but because they're egotistical, unsportsmanlike asses. as dominate as shaq & kobe were you never saw them pull the crap that kg does. Same goes the duncan & the spurs, the pistons and wade & shaq. Where was all that b.s. When he was playing for the t-wolves and it was all on him to win games in the playoffs? If he gets down on his hands and knees and attempts to humiliate a raptors again somebody needs to hard foul his ass to the floor.
                              + 1,000,0000

Comment

Working...
                              X