Thomas Robinson anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tucas wrote: View Post
    While I'm not ready to write him off 100% you have to wonder why? Look at the rotations at PF he's played with. Jason Thompson and chuck Hayes on Sacramento and Greg smith and Montiejunas on Houston. He couldn't even crack the rotation on either team playing with sub par PFs.
    Sacramento is a mess of an organization. Smart didn't really play Isaiah Thomas until late in the season and Thornton-who's arguably their best shooter-was on the bench most the season.

In Houston, it's true that McHale knows what big men talent is (he brought KLove to Wolves) but the trade happened halfway into the season. They were eyeing playoffs so the focus was to win games as opposed to player development. TRob has a lot potential but he's not ready just yet. Like most big men, it takes a couple years of development before they can contribute. Considering Asik is also offensively limited, it wouldn't make sense to pair TRob with him either.

Prying him away from Houston for anything outside of lottery value (cash, picks, trade, etc) would be a steal. If I was the nets and I have enough cash, i'd try to go for him. They're currently running Reggie Evans as the starting 4. Lopez isn't the best rebounder so having an athletic 4 like TRob can help (I know reggie is a beast on the boards, but he's not as athletic and he's undersized). TRob can also learn a lot from Lopez who's arguably one of the most offensively skilled big men in the league
    Last edited by Pong; Fri May 31, 2013, 12:18 AM.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      How? The Raptors can't eat cap. The Rockets want to dump him to make a run at Dwight.
      Can't we amnesty Klieza? Sorry if I'm wrong. I don't really have much knowledge in the process of amnesty.
      Last edited by Blacklash2k4; Fri May 31, 2013, 03:37 AM.

Comment

Can't you do Acy for T-Rob straight up?
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Throw AA in there too actually that should make it work.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

The problem with Robinson is he's PF size, but plays like a typical C. Which would be fine, but he doesn't have a touch around the rim. In college he basically muscled and bullied guys, thats not an option at his size in the NBA. He's not much of a floor runner, not much of a jump shooter, not much of a passer or ball handler.

He's a good rebounder and could become an excellent defender (although not a rim protector). If he can add a consistent 15fter and just a little something on the block, he's probably got an Antonio Davis ceiling. But he's also gonna have to learn how to get down and dirty - and he seems like too nice of a guy for that.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              I can't think of another way where Houston sheds salary, gives up Robinson and the Raptors get him. I agree with you, which means a Robinson to Toronto deal is extremely unlikely.
              I don't see it happening. I think the only contract they would "want" is Lowry's so they can waive him and only pay him his small guaranteed amount. If they sent slightly more money to us then waived him, that could save them 4-5 million...But since they traded us Lowry, that's not on the table until free agency gets underway, which could be too long a wait, not to mention how incredibly uncertain it makes the PG position in Toronto.

Comment

Id rather we get Ed back than T Rob I know hes a rookie but he shows little upside or growth looks like a role player to me, but ya never know....both teams he has been on during his rookie campaign is just trying to get rid of him. But if we can turn Bargnani into him then its a positive in my book...

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  Can't you do Acy for T-Rob straight up?
                  I'd say Acy is a much better player than T-Robb. Acy showed all season though undersized hes not going to be pushed around.

Comment

TRob needs an environment to grow ... and now that he will be playing with a chip on those monster shoulders, the NBA will soon need to beware. Took him a while to become a college standout, and i'm sure the NBA learning curve is much higher - but if he can adapt his many moves and counters to NBA-sized defenders, he would be an amazing long term Jonas sidekick.
                    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

Forget Robinson unless you add a third team to take a raptor contract.

Houston is looking to take back NO salary. Raps can't do that.

Comment

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kj2ozjq

Comment

Houston doesn't get shit tho lol

Comment

Unless you mean they get a pick...

Also i'm not cool with trading Ross. Our bench is already crappy as it is

Comment

I would rather keep Ross than get Robinson...even with the hole at PF and glut of SGs..

Look, this is a rookie that 2 teams have traded and whose value is now such that Houston is basically looking to trade him for nothing. FOR NOTHING. Just for a better chance at Howard...I don't see what's so great about this guy and I've felt that way since his last year of college. Didn't look like his game would translate to the NBA. One of the typical cases of depending too much on a physical advantage but not having the actual skill-set to overcome the fact that that physical gap closes in the NBA.

And as for Howard, I still think regardless of where he goes, he probably gets signed and traded from LA for the best possible deal financially. In such a case, it's more important that LA wants some of Houston's assets, and so I don't think Houston will need the capspace to absorb all his salary, just some space to throw in a TPE if they have to. So I'm still a bit mystified by why they're just dumping this guy and think they figure they'd rather get a pick and some cash...that way they can choose a guy they're higher on and save money, which again, doesn't reflect highly on T-Rob since they have the roster space for him to develop at PF.

I easily see some sort of deal where Houston sends Asik, T. Jones, Delfino and a 1st rd pick to LA ...LA gets a young C, a young forward, a solid rotation wing who fits very well into a D'Antoni team, and a pick....and gets to save some money off what Howard would cost. They keep Gasol, who Asik fits well next to and behind. Jones could also thrive in D'Antoni's system since he is kind of a tweener forward.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                Houston doesn't get shit tho lol
                                They don't want anything.. they just want a salary dump. They want to give away TRob and take nothing back... that way they will have enough cap space to sign Howard outright as a free agent. Although the Suns (in Matt's example) could offer a future 1st round pick considering they are getting Ross for free.

Comment

Working...
                                X