Prospects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prospects

I currently believe we have 5 prospects on this roster and when I mean prospect I mean players aged under 25.
    1. Terrence Ross
    2. Jonas Valanciunas
    3. Quincy Acy
    4. Demar Derozan
    5. Landry Fields

What do you think these guys' ceilings and floors are? I see t-ross as a Brandon Roy(pre-injury) as a ceiling and a Jason Richardson type player as a floor, Jv Ceiling- Pau Gasol in his prime with a bit of Marc Gasol or the other way around Floor- Brook Lopez, Quincy Acy Ceiling- Amir Johnson 2.0 Floor- Reggie Evans with a jump shot or Jason Maxiell, DeMar DeRozan ceiling- a poor man's Vince in his prime Floor- Rudy Gay and Landry Ceiling- Shane Battier/Tayshaun Prince Floor- Matt Barnes
    #BringBackUzoh

Nice to be optimistic, but I think you are over valuing the prospects we have.

I try not compare our players to previous players in the league. It actually drives me crazy when commentators do this. Just evaluate them based on their own play. If you have to compare them to another player, they are be default not as good. If they were, then no comparisons would be needed.

Its not like people are comparing Lebron, Durant, Harden to previous players. Their play speaks for itself.
    Welp, that sucked.

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
      I currently believe we have 5 prospects on this roster and when I mean prospect I mean players aged under 25.
      1. Terrence Ross
      2. Jonas Valanciunas
      3. Quincy Acy
      4. Demar Derozan
      5. Landry Fields

What do you think these guys' ceilings and floors are? I see t-ross as a Brandon Roy(pre-injury) as a ceiling and a Jason Richardson type player as a floor, Jv Ceiling- Pau Gasol in his prime with a bit of Marc Gasol or the other way around Floor- Brook Lopez, Quincy Acy Ceiling- Amir Johnson 2.0 Floor- Reggie Evans with a jump shot or Jason Maxiell, DeMar DeRozan ceiling- a poor man's Vince in his prime Floor- Rudy Gay and Landry Ceiling- Shane Battier/Tayshaun Prince Floor- Matt Barnes
      c_bcm wrote: View Post
      Its not like people are comparing Lebron, Durant, Harden to previous players. Their play speaks for itself.

i also think you are giving our players too much credit.
      1)t-ross. i would be extremely happy if he ended up like glen rice.
      2)jv is a skys the limit player and i don't think its fair to label him.
      3)if acy becomes a serviceable role player then we made a good choice.
      4)demar is who he is already. hopefully he gets a couple percentages up but he isn't going to change into another player.
      5)fields is a player i would be happy with if he could hold matt barnes' jock.

also lebron gets unfairly compared to magic/michael and oscar almost all the time.

Comment

DeRozan is no prospect. Yeah he's only 24 but he's already played 4 years in the league. He's a veteran. Same with Fields.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

I don't think you can be considered a veteran in your fourth year without ever having made the playoffs lol
          You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

lol how is Rudy gay worse than a poor mans Vince carter? These comparisons are wack

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
              1. Terrence Ross
              2. Jonas Valanciunas
              3. Quincy Acy
              4. Demar Derozan
              5. Landry Fields

I thought this was a 10forthewin post.

Apparently feet85 thinks the floor for most of these guys is borderline All-Stars.

Comment

I think Barnes is a great player, and I'd probably take him over Battier but certainly over Prince. I doubt Landry will ever come close to either of those guys.

Comment

haha if that's the worst case for all these guys the future is looking AWESOME!
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Best Case Scenario/Worst Case Scenario
                      Terrence Ross - Michael Redd to Marcus Thornton
                      DeMar DeRozan - Andre Igoudala to Injured Vince Carter
                      Landry Fields - Shane Battier to James Posey
                      Quincy Acy - Amir Johnson to Pops Mensu Bensu - one season wonder
                      Jonas Valanciunas - Pau Gasol with Marc Gasol rebounds to injured Z-Igauskas

Comment

tenforthewin wrote: View Post
                        Terrence Ross - Michael Redd to Marcus Thornton
                        DeMar DeRozan - Andre Igoudala to Injured Vince Carter
                        Landry Fields - Shane Battier to James Posey
                        Quincy Acy - Amir Johnson to Pops Mensu Bensu - one season wonder
                        Jonas Valanciunas - Pau Gasol with Marc Gasol rebounds to injured Z-Igauskas
                        That is actually an interesting comparison

Comment

Terrence Ross - Latrell Sprewell to Cory Brewer
                          DeMar DeRozan - Rip Hamilton with a driving game to Mark Jackson with zero court vision
                          Landry Fields - Jerry Sloan to washed out because he can't shoot
                          Quincy Acy - Tyler Hansbrough to washed out because he can't hang on to the ball
                          Jonas Valanciunas - Tyson Chandler with a jump shot to Ian Mahinmi

Comment

Best Case Scenario/Most Probable Scenario/Worst Case Scenario

-All comparisons are in their prime!

Terrence Ross - Michael Redd / JR Smith / Athletic Jason Kapono
                            DeMar DeRozan - Andre Igoudala / Rip Hamilton / Caron Butler
                            Landry Fields - Shane Battier / Robert Horry (Minus the clutch) / Bruce Bowen
                            Quincy Acy - Amir Johnson / Chuck Hayes / Scrub
                            Jonas Valanciunas - Jonas Valancuinas / Pau Gasol / Zydrunas Ilgauskas
                            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                              Best Case Scenario/Most Probable Scenario/Worst Case Scenario
                              Terrence Ross - Michael Redd / JR Smith / Athletic Jason Kapono
                              Terrence Ross needs to start hitting threes a little more consistently if his worst case scenario is the a three point challenge champ.

Comment

Working...
                              X