• Tank

7 38.89%
  • Build

11 61.11%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors coaching staff makeover

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I don't think Caseyis going to be around past this year. Unless we make a serious,shockwave-style improvement. I think they plan on bringing in a high profile head coach next year. Just the feeling I get with this whole changing of the guard
    High profile executive to lead MLSE in Tim Leiweke. High profile general manager to lead the franchise in Masai Ujiri. High profile coach in Dwa---. Oop.

In all seriousness, I agree, it was weird seeing two such high profile people at the podium this morning. The feeling is DEFINITELY changing, and for the better.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I don't think Caseyis going to be around past this year. Unless we make a serious,shockwave-style improvement. I think they plan on bringing in a high profile head coach next year. Just the feeling I get with this whole changing of the guard
    I think this is right. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't around past Friday.....

Although, I remember when BC was hired and everyone said the same thing about Sam Mitchell.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    I think this is right. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he wasn't around past Friday.....

Although, I remember when BC was hired and everyone said the same thing about Sam Mitchell.
    Had Mitchell not just won the COY award, I think there's a good chance that BC would've brought in his own coach right away (that's what the rumor was at the time of BC's hiring, from what I recall). It's hard to fire the reigning COY! Lucky for MU, he doesn't have that problem, just the financial burden (which isn't really that substantial, should he choose to go that route).

I think he's a lame-duck coach who has a year to prove himself, especially on the defensive end to re-establish his reputation as a defensive guru.

If DC works out, MU is a genius for sticking with him. If the team doesn't improve next year, MU has a scapegoat. Win-win for MU.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no doubt that this team will get into the playoff's next year, even with our current shitty bench.

The decisive factor for Casey is how far we climb up the latter, and that will reflect whether or not Casey Stays.

If he can get into the 5th or 6th seed behind Miami, Indiana, Chicago & Boston, then I think he'll be able to keep his job.

Raptors Republic All-Star RandomGuy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    There is no doubt that this team will get into the playoff's next year, even with our current shitty bench.

The decisive factor for Casey is how far we climb up the latter, and that will reflect whether or not Casey Stays.

If he can get into the 5th or 6th seed behind Miami, Indiana, Chicago & Boston, then I think he'll be able to keep his job.
    Well I bet many of us doubt it.
    #FREE

6. Like Nilanka, LBF liked this post
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Add Alex English to the prospective assistant coach list?

The man knows offense.... and Ujiri should know him.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

8. Like Nilanka liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    you got that right! haha I might quote that guy's post in my sig and keep it in til the end of this upcoming season.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    Quote RandomGuy wrote: View Post
    I don't understand how anyone doesn't doubt it.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Don't forget that Masai and Doc Rivers are very close...i think Casey will finish his contract and when things in Boston get ugly, Doc would be the first choice of Masai

Post Thanks / Like

Brian Shaw is meeting with the nets. i hate it, they're a pretty good match.
    @jerboat

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

I did not just shoot myself in the foot..... ***...

Post Thanks / Like

Masai Ujiri Quote:

On the importance of youth: “This is a good place for basketball here and we have to build on it. We really have to build on it. One of my philosophies is to develop young talent. Maybe the back of our roster has to be young guys that grow, that we continue to develop and get better and the opportunity will come.”

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...l-name-change/

Casey better change his veterans needed to win tune me thinks. You aren't developing youth with Alan Anderson eating the minutes of Ross. Or Ed Davis barely getting a sniff for approximately 100 of his 120 games.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

If Alvin Gentry strikes out on head coaching gigs, I wonder if he would take an assistant role. Dude knows offense.
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doc to leave Celtics?

Although Celtics team president Danny Ainge has stated that Doc Rivers will return to coach Boston next season, Rivers believes it "may be time for a change," according to a source close to the situation.

"Doc loves coaching," the source told ESPN. "He loves coaching in Boston. But he feels it may be time for a change."
    If Rivers were to walk away from the three years and $21 million remaining on his contract with the Celtics, it is not clear whether he would seek another coaching job next season or sit out and possibly return to broadcasting.
    Source: ESPN.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Rivers is not interested in going through a rebuild with Boston. If both Masai and TL are saying the Raptors are not built to compete for a championship, I'm not sure Doc would consider Toronto at this time.

But if I could choose between Doc Rivers and Dwane Casey, I am not sure there is any doubt who to go with.
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He may want to go coach his son lol.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Rivers is not interested in going through a rebuild with Boston. If both Masai and TL are saying the Raptors are not built to compete for a championship, I'm not sure Doc would consider Toronto at this time.
    Money talks Matt. Lenny Wilkins came to the Raptors at a time where there was no telling when they would compete something significant.

Doc makes $7M right now. I'm thinking the Raptors would probably have to pay him Phil Jackson money.

Post Thanks / Like

Money talks Matt. Lenny Wilkins came to the Raptors at a time where there was no telling when they would compete something significant.

Doc makes $7M right now. I'm thinking the Raptors would probably have to pay him Phil Jackson money.
    Money does talk but not everyone listens to it or lets it be the deciding factor.

Do you think Phil Jackson is coming to Toronto for Phil Jackson money? Is Jerry Sloan coming to Toronto for Phil Jackson money?

*btw my assumption is Phil Jackson money is $10M - that is what I remember him making his last year in LA*
    Tim Leiweke

Post Thanks / Like

Have you talked with Doc?

I personally don't know why he's leaving Boston. Do you? No guarantee whatever he attributes it to is factual. He's a class act and he won't take shots as he's leaving out the door.

Post Thanks / Like

Have you talked with Doc?

I personally don't know why he's leaving Boston. Do you? No guarantee whatever he attributes it to is factual. He's a class act and he won't take shots as he's leaving out the door.
    Not lately. We lost touch after the Boston win. Success just changes some people

As for why he is leaving, everything I've read through HoopsHype.com (rumours and sources all need grains of salt, I know) have said he does not wish to go through a rebuild. Ainge is contemplating blowing it all up and Doc is not down for another period like the start of his Celtic career. Honestly, I can't blame him at this stage of his career.
    Tim Leiweke

Thread Information