Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If the team could stick a high-percentage 3pt shooter into the starting SG spot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's been made clear that our organization no longer gives a crap about luxury taxes
    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      I understand this but then it brings us back to the same discussion thats been had a million times; are Fields or Ross capable starters? That 4th wing guy would have to be a pretty damn good player.
      haha that's a whole other debate!

IF DeRozan were traded for a more offensively skilled starting PF, I think the starting SG should be a 3-and-D type player, who doesn't need the ball in his hands or many touches to be successful. Fields from his rookie season fits the bill, as a Tony Allen type player, to complement Gay/Lowry/Valanciunas/new PF (SG would be #4 or #5 scoring option). Obviously he's a big question mark right now, due to his poor season and recovery from injury/surgery. Another option could be to use the MLE to sign a free agent, or to acquire such a player in trade (either as part of DeRozan deal, in a Bargnani deal, or in some other deal), so it's hard to fully evaluate.

It's pretty clear that there are 2 vocal sides to this debate and both sides have legit arguments.

Hopefully Ujiri is lining up moves to make an immediate impact, so that we'll all have a better idea of the direction he intends to take this team and which players currently on the roster he truly values moving forward.

Comment

Is anyone else excited cause im excited!

Comment

You know that episode of the Simpsons when Mr Burns bring in all those ringers for his baseball team and keeps telling Wade Boggs to shave his sideburns? That's what debating with MrZ is like.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
            You know that episode of the Simpsons when Mr Burns bring in all those ringers for his baseball team and keeps telling Wade Boggs to shave his sideburns? That's what debating with MrZ is like.
            It was Mattingly. Get it right, dude

Comment

Holy shit my whole life has been a lie
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Would you guys do a Rubio + Williams for Lowry + DeRozan or whatever else to match the dollars trade? I mean, Rubio runnin the show would be pretty dope.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  It was Mattingly. Get it right, dude

That's such a great episode. Classic. Best closing credits song of all time.

Comment

I hope Fields has nothing to do with this franchise going forward. Im praying Ujiri sheds him.

Comment

• But what awful failure will the Raptors need to take to trade Fields?

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        haha that's a whole other debate!

IF DeRozan were traded for a more offensively skilled starting PF, I think the starting SG should be a 3-and-D type player, who doesn't need the ball in his hands or many touches to be successful. Fields from his rookie season fits the bill, as a Tony Allen type player, to complement Gay/Lowry/Valanciunas/new PF (SG would be #4 or #5 scoring option). Obviously he's a big question mark right now, due to his poor season and recovery from injury/surgery. Another option could be to use the MLE to sign a free agent, or to acquire such a player in trade (either as part of DeRozan deal, in a Bargnani deal, or in some other deal), so it's hard to fully evaluate.

It's pretty clear that there are 2 vocal sides to this debate and both sides have legit arguments.

Hopefully Ujiri is lining up moves to make an immediate impact, so that we'll all have a better idea of the direction he intends to take this team and which players currently on the roster he truly values moving forward.
                        Those types of players are hard to come by. I'm super down with having Fields start if he recovers but since theres the question mark I'd love to give it time first. If he recovers then trade Derozan.

I just don't think we have to be so urgent! Give the guys we got an off-season and training camp and see how it all plays out. Why not?
                        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Im starting to jump on the blow it up wagon, What Ujiri said about building a team of young talent ans wanting to accumulate picks makes sense to me, Raps should be creating their own team.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                            Im starting to jump on the blow it up wagon, What Ujiri said about building a team of young talent ans wanting to accumulate picks makes sense to me, Raps should be creating their own team.
                            I'm not sure if I am on the bandwagon. You could go both ways and neither is going to guarantee anything.

I just get the feeling blowing up is going to happen based on TL and MU's comments. When the head honcho is saying the team is not good enough and they want to compete for championships and the GM is saying he wants to build the right way (implying the team is not built the right way) and wants to play for championships then the writing might be on the wall a blow up is coming.

Comment

• Ya so far there hasnt been many or any? comments based on the MU and TLs comments about the current team they are talking about hypothetical new talents the only name I heard was Bargnani (TRADE) and JV being a cornerstone. I guess thats all due to limited or no time meeting the players yet. The tone to me though definitely sounds like a cutting of the base and planting seeds.

This makes JVs 17 reasons a little silly especially if we are on the precursor of a blow up lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X