Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Karl relieved as Nuggets coach...do we have a chance at him?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    theyre definitely sending out a bad message to the league.

New Nuggets slogan: "Here, even if you win, your'e still a LOSER!"

I hope Karl decides to retire as a coach and become a "consultant" instead and then the Raps hire him to help out Casey.

If it does happen:

Raptors Management

Leiweke - Former President of 5 time champion Lakers
    Colangelo - 2 time Executive of the Year
    Ujiri - Executive of the Year
    Casey - World Champion Assistant Coach
    Karl - COY, Finals Coach, 3 time division title coach and 4 time all star coach

POWERHOUSE!!!!!!!
    It's a shame none of these guys can hit a 3

Comment

Dudes. I don't think Karl is going to wanna come here. He's going to have better offers from teams that are ready to win.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        It's a shame none of these guys can hit a 3
        hahahahahaha I think Karl was a shooter back in the day.

I just checked, NO, he was awful. hahahahaha

.364 and .174. youch!!!!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
          Dudes. I don't think Karl is going to wanna come here. He's going to have better offers from teams that are ready to win.
          You are likely correct.

I can't see him coaching here.

If he decides to slow his life down a bit, something front officeish might be more likely given his relationship with Masai and Casey.
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

@theGlove

I dont believe Leiweke had a formal working relationship with the Lakers. He was in charge of AEG which owns the Staples Center where the Lakers play.

Comment

FORGET ABOUT IT!

Comment

Anyone watching the Denver fan site for outrage....what is the Denver fan site?
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                  Anyone watching the Denver fan site for outrage....what is the Denver fan site?
                  denverstiffs.com

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    FORGET ABOUT IT!

That's too bad. I mean I like Casey as a coach but George Karl is a damn good one and would be an upgrade.
                    You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

I just cannot understand this from Denver's point of view.

He has coached since 1985, spending for almost a decade in Denver, coming off of a COY season, franchise record in wins, and a team that was one uninjured Danilo Gallinari from making serious noise in the playoffs.

Is there any explanation (I do not buy the first round exits as a reason, he is a great coach)? Because it seems to me that George wanted an extension to stay.

But damn, Karl as head coach with Dwane as an assistant (vice versa), along with Leiweke and Ujiri? That could be crazy. I doubt it though.

Let's see if Ujiri will stay true to his word that "Dwane is our coach".

Comment

Last edited by thead; Thu Jun 6, 2013, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Do Nuggets have own 1st rd draft pick 2014? If so, I guess we all now what's going on then...

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            "Management wanted George Karl to play JaVale McGee more after they paid him all this money. Wanted him to start over Koufos but Karl said no"
                            McGee's basketball IQ is F-

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
                              McGee's basketball IQ is F-
                              this was covered under a similar fart sniffing post

Comment

Karl would definitely be an upgrade over Casey but ..... man, people who were outraged over Casey's rotations would be jumping off bridges watching Karl manage minutes.

By the way, I think he would be a good coach in Clipperland. Another star-laden, underachieving team would fit a big-name, underachieving coach perfectly.

Comment

Working...
                                X