Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 317

Thread: Ujiri is trying to get in the draft, who you want?

  1. #61
    Raptors Republic Starter c_bcm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    290
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Information relevant to this thread at 2:50:

    27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=9,0,47,0">


    Paraphrasing Ujiri:

    No matter which direction the franchise goes developing youth is going to be a part of the plan. We are going to try and get in the draft.



    Who would you target and feel is obtainable?
    Man-o-man am I drinking this Koolaide right now. It seems that this franchise has a long history of getting me excited for the future without having any tangible evidence that I should be. And every time it happens I gleefully ignore history.

  2. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
  3. #62
    Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    556
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The target list is one name long: Olapido.
    -Freak defender is what we need on the wings.

    Obviously Kabongo would be awesome to develop as well, but less of an impact short term.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

  4. #63
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,321
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    I'd rather have Mclemore at the 2 than Demar at the 3
    I gave a pretty detailed rationale...can't oblidge?

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Based on skill set and potential, I agree.

    However DeRozan still has 4 years under his belt and at the very least we know he is an NBA player. Can't say that about McLemore at this time.
    Pretty important that you highlight the part of the statement based on FACTS and not fantasy, argue your point, and then move on to the supporting stuff.

    Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Not only that, but I don't think Demar would be capable of guarding the other teams best wing player every game. He's always had the luxury of letting the SF do that job
    He already has guarded SFs in the league and there is a significant amount of data to prove it.
    According to 82 games Demar played SF %16 of the time, and (here's the part that makes me look smart) it was his most productive position. Who woulda thunk? Oh, right... I did! Google, easily accessible, rarely used 'cause facts are for nerds, and smart people and stuff....yeehaw! Sorry, that's uncalled for but step your game up, seriously.

  5. #64
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Trade for Anthony Bennett.
    Looking at Wash. @ 3..CHA @4.
    I would be willing to trade Gay for that...

    MU has said several times in different places, that Canadian Talent is important to him and they want to have that on the team to help the "rebranding" process.

    If we had JV, Amir and Bennett. That is one hell of a front court...A foundation to build upon

    Still leaves us with plenty of assets to compete or trade ( DD, AB, Lowry) or tank for Wiggins..

  6. #65
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,985
    Post Thanks / Like

  7. #66
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    MICHIGAN'S - TREY BURKE... Get Kyle Lowry the #%^$%$ outta here with his I Jack Mentality and get a PICK FOR TREY BURKE.

  8. #67
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,264
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Via HoopsHype.com:

    I'm hearing that German point guard Dennis Schroeder struggled in his workouts in Milwaukee and Houston. Schroeder, according to team sources, struggled to keep up with the defensive intensity in workouts. He works out again Friday in Utah. Schroeder rode a dominant performance at the Hoop Summit into the top 30, but if he doesn't start playing better, he could be in for an equally significant decline. ESPN.com
    You are still my pick!

    Steve Luhm: Schroeder heading home after working out for Utah, Philly, Dallas, Boston, Milwaukee and Houston. Twitter @sluhm
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  9. #68
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Via HoopsHype.com:



    You are still my pick!
    Means nothing, could have struggled for many reasons....Remember Kevin Durant during his draft workout process?

  10. #69
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    If he struggled to keep up with the defensive intensity because he's not a pro caliber defender then you're not going to be happy with him on the Raptors after a couple seasons. The biggest complaint about most guys Colangelo brought in was "they can't play D".

    The workouts are the auditions and if they can't bring it there when there is a lot on the line that could be very telling as to what's to come. One we could blow off but two? Maybe he falls to the 20's and they swoop in to get him there....

  11. #70
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,203
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I will reserve my judgement when Masai "actually" acquires the pick.

    That was the thing with the Colangelo's era, always wanted to acquire a pick in the first round but never could and never did. Instead he gave away the picks and sold out the Raptor's future.

  12. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
  13. #71
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,264
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If he struggled to keep up with the defensive intensity because he's not a pro caliber defender then you're not going to be happy with him on the Raptors after a couple seasons. The biggest complaint about most guys Colangelo brought in was "they can't play D".

    The workouts are the auditions and if they can't bring it there when there is a lot on the line that could be very telling as to what's to come. One we could blow off but two? Maybe he falls to the 20's and they swoop in to get him there....
    Notice the places he reportedly struggled?

    Utah and Houston.

    Houston does not have a pick and are hoping to be free agent players so I would think they are hoping he drops in to the 20's.

    Milwaukee is at 15 with #13 and #14 interested in him.

    The report could very well be true but at this time of the year it is hard to take anything without a grain of salt. Between agents and teams there are so many competing interests.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  14. #72
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Matt, I think these GM's are just as smart as you or I. I think they're going to base their decision on what they see in their own workouts with the guy.

  15. #73
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,959
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Would anyone be surprised if DeRozan stayed as the starting 3 and Ujiri moved Gay and his huge salary for a high pick? DeMar is 23 and doing relatively the same things as Gay.
    No he's not. Gay hit 2 game winning shots for the Raps this past season in 40 something games. DeMar had 1 in 4 years. And that 1 was the game against the Magic in Orlando this past season.

    - Gay can create his own shots. DeMar can do that now but it took him 4 years to developed that skill.
    - Gay is a go to guy. Give him the ball and he can make things happen. Can't say the same thing about DeMar.
    - Gay is a much better 3pt shooter than DeMar.
    - Gay is a much better ball handler than DeMar.
    - Gay is a leader. You can just tell the way he talks.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  16. #74
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    No he's not. Gay hit 2 game winning shots for the Raps this past season in 40 something games. DeMar had 1 in 4 years. And that 1 was the game against the Magic in Orlando this past season.

    - Gay can create his own shots. DeMar can do that now but it took him 4 years to developed that skill.
    - Gay is a go to guy. Give him the ball and he can make things happen. Can't say the same thing about DeMar.
    - Gay is a much better 3pt shooter than DeMar.
    - Gay is a much better ball handler than DeMar.
    - Gay is a leader. You can just tell the way he talks.

    that one not really, Gay has some awful handles like his hands are Turkey Breast. Everything else though yeah. DeMar hitting game winners hes only gotten a chance to try recently, Bargnani is the guy he was the person taking our last shot.

  17. #75
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    If he struggled to keep up with the defensive intensity because he's not a pro caliber defender then you're not going to be happy with him on the Raptors after a couple seasons. The biggest complaint about most guys Colangelo brought in was "they can't play D".

    The workouts are the auditions and if they can't bring it there when there is a lot on the line that could be very telling as to what's to come. One we could blow off but two? Maybe he falls to the 20's and they swoop in to get him there....
    Again it could be some other reason why he is performing badly do I really need to remind everyone of Kevin Durant?

  18. #76
    Raptors Republic All-Star Miekenstien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Again it could be some other reason why he is performing badly do I really need to remind everyone of Kevin Durant?
    not everyone is Durant. not everyone drafted 3rd is Jordan. I hope after all the reminders if he doesn't turn out to be the best player from this draft class and a franchise cornerstone I hope you can see that not everyone who struggles in workouts for whatever reason isn't going to turn out phenomenal.

  19. #77
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,999
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Again it could be some other reason why he is performing badly do I really need to remind everyone of Kevin Durant?
    Maybe or maybe he's getting exposed?

  20. #78
    Raptors Republic All-Star Primer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,185
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Maybe or maybe he's getting exposed?
    Exactly. The difference with Durant was we just watched him destroy NCAA hoops for a year. He wasn't an unknown by any means going into the draft. We knew he'd be awesome and go #1 or #2 with Oden and that's exactly what happened. How about comparing him to a Euro pick who did poorly during workouts but ended up being a good NBA player? Are there any of those?

  21. #79
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    2,985
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    ORLANDO's #2 pick is available

    Brian Schmitz: Source tells me Magic considering moving down in draft and have "quite a few" suitors interested in trading for No. 2 pick

  22. #80
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Man honestly people really dont care about this draft.... Raps should hop on that and trade for that pick and draft Burke, we have lots of pieces that would interest them, DeRozan, T-Ross to name 2 hell even Amir Johnson. We dont have a pick at all to balance a deal though.... Would be great to grab this from Orlando and the 13 from Dallas drafting Burke and a Big.

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •