Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 317

Thread: Ujiri is trying to get in the draft, who you want?

  1. #201
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,249
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Just don't see it happening.
    How dare you questions Ceez's KCP boner.

  2. #202
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,644
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  3. #203
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm starting to get more of an appreciation for Bennett.... and just because he is Canadian is a bonus.


    If Raps come out of this coming week with Bennett and Kabongo, I'd be ecstatic.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  4. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
  5. #204
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm starting to get more of an appreciation for Bennett.... and just because he is Canadian is a bonus.


    If Raps come out of this coming week with Bennett and Kabongo, I'd be ecstatic.
    I like Bennett a lot...from all the crazy "rebuild" and "tank" scenarios thrown around, he's probably the only high lottery pick I'm ok with them acquiring. I'm still very skeptical about actually pulling the trigger on any trade, because I have a hard time thinking of something that makes sense...but yeah, he's the only guy I see as having obvious all-star talent, and on the scoring side I don't see him having any real issues. All about D and making the physical adjustment...think he'll struggle more with D.

    I truly believe if he had "ideal" PF size and was something like 6'10 or even 6'9, he'd be the consensus #1. Those 2-3 inches make a big difference.

  6. #205
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,617
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Whatever happened to the stock of Thomas Robinson? He is now with the Rockets and climbed the draft after having a beastly tournament. Truth be told I was enamored with his relentless inside/rebounding play. I thought he out-Farieded Faried but alas. Havent really followed his misfortunes other than rumblings about him being undersized.

  7. #206
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,837
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm starting to get more of an appreciation for Bennett.... and just because he is Canadian is a bonus.


    If Raps come out of this coming week with Bennett and Kabongo, I'd be ecstatic.
    I'm also glad Karasev is shown to measure well on offense. I know that's not really the concern, but I feel like his offensive abilities are being underrated in this draft as the focus is largely on his shooting, and people seem to be forgetting how incredibly crafty and well-rounded he is....for a guy playing, and leading his team, in one of the best leagues in the world against men.

    In a draft with so much uncertainty about ceilings and potential, I'd be thrilled to get him. Worst case he's a shooting specialist who can also create a bit off the bounce. That's a solid 3rd or 4th wing on any team in the NBA, even a contender.

  8. #207
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah crazy fall for Robinson.

    I look at olynyk in similar light. Not sure about these juniors who come out of nowhere.

  9. #208
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,678
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not sold on Bennett. Thomas Robinson in my opinion is a better player but he's practically free for the taking from Houston. Robinson has a better wingspan, is taller, and has a higher motor (although I've seen far more footage of T-Rob then AB so that's a subjective comment). And T-Rob is not someone I would want since we already have Acy on the bench who is similar in stature (short, athletic, with a high motor).

    I personally think that Bennett is going to struggle in the NBA. He's got more weight but I think his height and wingspan are going to really hurt him.

  10. #209
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default


    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  11. #210
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    511
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'm not sold on Bennett. Thomas Robinson in my opinion is a better player but he's practically free for the taking from Houston. Robinson has a better wingspan, is taller, and has a higher motor (although I've seen far more footage of T-Rob then AB so that's a subjective comment). And T-Rob is not someone I would want since we already have Acy on the bench who is similar in stature (short, athletic, with a high motor).

    I personally think that Bennett is going to struggle in the NBA. He's got more weight but I think his height and wingspan are going to really hurt him.
    Bennett is a much better shooter, scorer than Robinson, and you MUST have a reliable jumpshot when you're an undersized big in the NBA. Robinson needs to work a lot on skill to be a good NBA player, Bennet already has a very good offensive skillset and if he expands his shot to the NBA three point line he will be a great player

  12. #211
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    I'm not sold on Bennett. Thomas Robinson in my opinion is a better player but he's practically free for the taking from Houston. Robinson has a better wingspan, is taller, and has a higher motor (although I've seen far more footage of T-Rob then AB so that's a subjective comment). And T-Rob is not someone I would want since we already have Acy on the bench who is similar in stature (short, athletic, with a high motor).

    I personally think that Bennett is going to struggle in the NBA. He's got more weight but I think his height and wingspan are going to really hurt him.
    I agree that Bennett's height is a detriment for an NBA pf but his wingspan is decent at 7'1" for somebody 6'7" tall.

  13. #212
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default




    Hardly a secret as Wolstat points out:



    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  14. #213
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post



    Hardly a secret as Wolstat points out:





  15. #214
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Holly MacK is such a babe! unrelated just saying I love that little shorty.

  16. #215
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    3,454
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post



    Hardly a secret as Wolstat points out:



    Interesting. Would love to see them draft a PG or a 3pt shooter.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  17. #216
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,314
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Have the Raptors worked out anybody?

  18. #217
    Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    6,901
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Have the Raptors worked out anybody?
    Doubtful. Raps still don't know what pick they'll get, if they even get.
    Last edited by rocwell; Sat Jun 22nd, 2013 at 07:25 PM.

  19. #218
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,644
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Have the Raptors worked out anybody?
    I don't think so.

    Players/agents typically won't 'waste' the time to work out for a team without a pick.

    A notable exception this year was Schroeder with the Rockets. Rockets don't have a 1st round pick.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  20. #219
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    751
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    but who are we going to give up for a pick?

  21. #220
    Raptors Republic Starter JordanMariam14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    GUYS. And girls if there are any.

    Dennis Schroeder, or Myck Kabongo?

    Who would you rather have as our backup PG?

    And is there a way we can get the Mavs' 13th?

    If not what picks are we able to get in this draft? (1st and 2nd)

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •