Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ujiri is trying to get in the draft, who you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thead wrote: View Post
    I could save you guys a lot of stat hunting and math.... DeMar DeRozan does just about everything in an average to slightly above average way. I call it the eye test...and although I love him as a person, he doesn't do anything at an elite level...not one single thing
    That is very much true.

The problem, as evident by the pro-DeMar posters, is emotions and biases can cloud the eye test.

Stats are not the be all and end all but they certainly help validate the conclusions of the eye test.

Comment

• Demar for life!

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        Demar for life!
        hahaha. actually laughing on the bus to work.

Comment

• I just want to point out that basketball seems to have become very dependent upon stats, especially analytics. Which I don't disagree with one bit, but maybe we are using it as a measure more than intangibles and heard-work, heart, etc, to judge a certain player.

I don't know, I feel people are putting much of their judgement upon stats, and it's very obvious when people don't watch a game, and they look at the box score and just assume..
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• I want either a PG or a 3pt shooter that's it.

Point Guards(in this order):

MCW
            Larkin
            Schroeder
            Kabongo

3pt shooters(in this order):

Bullock
            Rice Jr.
            Karasev
            Crabbe

This NBA Finals really shows the importance of a 3pt shot.
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
              I want either a PG or a 3pt shooter that's it.

Point Guards(in this order):

MCW
              Larkin
              Schroeder
              Kabongo

3pt shooters(in this order):

Bullock
              Rice Jr.
              Karasev
              Crabbe

This NBA Finals really shows the importance of a 3pt shot.
              I'd like to add Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Ricardo Ledo to the list of shooters.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                I'd like to add Kentavious Caldwell-Pope and Ricardo Ledo to the list of shooters.
                KCP is getting a lot of love. Most have him going in the lottery now.

Comment

• Ryan Blake, the senior director of NBA scouting operations, offers his take on UNLV power forward Anthony Bennett for the Orlando Sentinel:

“It would’ve been nice to see him this summer, but the good thing from his standpoint is he got that surgery on the rotator cuff so he can be ready. It wasn’t on his shooting arm.

“He’s one of the most versatile players around. He’s a guy that can play in the post. He can play a little bit on the wing. In college, at 6-8, 240 he was able to play two positions because he has that versatility. He shoots 38 percent from behind the arc. Although he takes 25 percent of his shots from deep, he had to play in the post. The question is if he’s going to be able to guard small forwards. . . . But he’s so versatile. He can rebound. He can block shots. He can pass the ball as well. He can be one of the better players in a few years that comes out of this draft because of that.

“A lot of people ask, ‘Does he remind you in a way of Larry Johnson?’ Yes, in a way, he does. Not just because he’s from UNLV. Because he has that versatility as a big man.

“If you have a guy that can improve on all those things, he’s able to work on those things full-time. He’s in good condition, but he’s going to be in great condition. He’s going to be able to improve his handle. He’s going to be able to get to the basket from the wing. As a go-to guy, I think he’s going to be able to embrace a lot of the other chores: the screening, the spacing. His confidence is just going to really, really rise, and you might find him as a third option early on in the season.”

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sport...,0,207957.post
                  I can't help but think about Derrick Williams when I read about Bennett. I hope that is wrong.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I can't help but think about Derrick Williams when I read about Bennett. I hope that is wrong.
                    I don't really get that impression at all. To me, Bennett is hands down, easily a PF in the NBA. It's his ability that allowed him to play at the wing a bit, but he's very naturally a PF who's just a tad short. His frame and length are totally fine by NBA standards.

When I think of Bennett, I think he falls somewhere in a spectrum where Carl Landry (or something like that) is the floor, and something like Barkley is his ceiling (you know, if he fully maximizes his bball and physical abilities). Basically, at worst a bench big who can score (probably better than Landry there) and rebound, and likely a 6th man type. And at best, a nightmare matchup at PF (like Barkley) regardless of height because the combination of size, skill and athleticism is just too much to handle.

*Mostly responding to the impression the article gives about his versatility. But I don't think he'll have Williams problem. Williams to me was always a natural SF. Bennett plays with a lot more explosiveness and force down low compared to him.
                    Last edited by white men can't jump; Mon Jun 17, 2013, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I don't really get that impression at all. To me, Bennett is hands down, easily a PF in the NBA. It's his ability that allowed him to play at the wing a bit, but he's very naturally a PF who's just a tad short. His frame and length are totally fine by NBA standards.

When I think of Bennett, I think he falls somewhere in a spectrum where Carl Landry (or something like that) is the floor, and something like Barkley is his ceiling (you know, if he fully maximizes his bball and physical abilities). Basically, at worst a bench big who can score (probably better than Landry there) and rebound, and likely a 6th man type. And at best, a nightmare matchup at PF (like Barkley) regardless of height because the combination of size, skill and athleticism is just too much to handle.
                      I hope you are right.

Comment

I can't help but think of Boris Diaw
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          I can't help but think of Boris Diaw
                          Wow! Really? Man, that's pretty insulting to Bennett.....

Comment

Also, while I was never too big on Williams, I think his whole situation in Minnesota has really sucked for him. They never should have drafted him, or should've traded him on draft night or right when free agency started.

I mean, I can see it now, if Kahn was a smart GM. Call BC when he's on the clock with the #5 pick, right after Cleveland passes on JV and takes Thompson. Dangle the #2 pick, a famous, athletic college player who is "versatile", or rather, doesn't fit in at any position naturally in the NBA (the way Colangelo loves'em) for the #5 pick...Man, I'm like 98% sure that Colangelo would've pulled the trigger on such a trade.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Wow! Really? Man, that's pretty insulting to Bennett.....
                              The article described tweener 3/4 who can step out and shoot the three, while also holding his own in the post, meanwhile playing with a refined passing game. He could be much better than Boris Diaw, its just a similar skillset
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
                                Trey Burke is number 1 on my list.

This team needs a point guard, I like Kabongo a lot, Michael Carter-Williams is a good guy, definitely interested in Schroeder.

Depending on what players are traded (DeRozan, Ross, Fields, Bargnani, Lowry - quite frankly, I do not want Gay traded unless a wing/player received brings some of the same intangibles), I would like a big (maybe not IN the draft - bigs I'm interested in are Bennett, Mitchell, Olynyk), or a wing like McLemore, Oladipo, Porter, Muhammad.
                                I agree 100% about Olynyk. I have a feelings he could be the difference maker in this years draft. Him and JV as our 1 and 2 would be a solid duo, similar to Bogut and Lee for the Warriors.
                                Axel wrote:
                                Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                                KeonClark wrote:
                                I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

Working...
                                X