Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ujiri is trying to get in the draft, who you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Nice post.

Bargnani to Minnesota for Ridnour & #26 would be a nice deal, though I can't see Minny having much use for Bargnani, unless as a backup for Love if they intend to trade Williams. Could recruit a 3rd team to help facilitate such a deal too.
    It might not have to be that big a deal.

Could just be Lucas for #26, or something like that. Minnesota will want PG insurance as they shop Ridnour. They also already have their young PG in Rubio and don't need another project. Not to mention Shved having natural PG skills and Barea being in his prime. They won't want to add long-term money if they might try to make another big move with pieces like Kirilenko and Ridnour as bait. They also might be giving Pekovic a nice new deal. I think Portland or Cleveland might have similar desires...getting someone like Lucas or Gray, who are solid 3rd stringers, because they need insurance with some experience since they already have a lot of youth.

It could, also, unfortunately, go the other way around. THey view this draft as weak so they shop the #9 pick which could bring in a nice piece. And then they try to make a more under-the-radar pick, keeping #26. They are Minnesota though, so I doubt they trade out completely. I could also see them swapping #9 with another team in the teens and still trading #26 altogether...Lesson here: keep an eye on Minnesota.

Comment

Yeah, I'm in favour of a mid to late first on any of the PGs mentioned... MCW, Kabongo, Schroeder, etc. I wouldn't mind them grabbing a few late first and early second picks, and then just waiting to see who falls. This draft is so deep with centers and short on PFs, so even though we've got JV, I wouldn't mind seeing another young C on the team... Dieng, Gobert, Nogueira, and Withey are all guys who should be available in the late first, and all of them are potentially solid NBA backups.

Out of that group, I actually like Nogueira's upside: if a good coach get get through the attitude and get him to put in the work on defense and in the gym, he's got great potential. It sounds like things have finally started to click for him at both ends of the floor this year, based on the scouting reports I've read. With his footwork and length, he might be better suited to defend the PF position at the NBA level, though at this point he needs more bulk to defend anyone.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        mid first: Schroeder
        20-25: Adetokunbo
        2nd round: Kabongo, Glenn Rice (assuming you believe the positive reports he has straightened out)
        That's a very small list though.

Would you only trade into the draft specifically for these players on draft night?

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
          rather than just listing off names, i want to see the teams and who toronto would trade to them for their pick.

its a hard sell for toronto; remember, 23 million contract for bargs, 37 million for rudy, 12.5 million for fields, 13.5 for amir, 40 million for derozan. what lottery team would take on these contracts?

and what about low pick teams? will they take any players from our bench?

i still think this draft is not worth it in the least.
          Dallas may be willing to take a Lowry and cash for Marion and 13th pick swap.

Another idea:

To Philadelphia:
          Derozan
          Amir

To Toronto:
          J Rich
          Hawes
          #11 Pick

Another:

To Phoenix:
          Derozan

To Toronto:
          Shannon Brown
          #5 Draft Pick

Another:

To Detroit:
          Derozan
          Kleiza

To Toronto:
          Stuckey
          #8 Pick

Another:

To Milwaukee:
          Derozan

To Toronto:
          Udoh
          #15 pick, #43 pick

Another:

To Chicago:
          Derozan

To Toronto:
          Rip Hamilton
          Marquis Teague
          #20 pick

I have nothing against Derozan, I was just thinking who we could trade him to in order to get a draft pick this year.

Comment

Timmy Jr.

Every time I mention Tim Tim I hear cricket chirping. LOL

I must be in the minority who views his value underrated due to questions about factors that won't prevent him from playing in the league a long time. I'm thinking Mo Pete potential.

Comment

The picks we need to Target are Houston, Atlanta and Dallas.

Atlanta has four draft picks and I doubt they want THAT many rookies.
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I forgot Shabazz. UCLA players are ALWAYS viewed as overrated and then end up tearing up the league. His college season was pretty lackluster but don't forget all the bullshit he went through to start the season. He's got great lateral quickness and is VERY strong. Definitely NBA ready. I think at worst he'll be a very good sixth man.
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

if we could pick up Dennis Shroeder and Shabazz Mohammed that would give me a very solid basketball erection
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

atlanta only has 22 million in guaranteed contracts. basically the whole team is up for FA except for horford and lou williams. they build a team full of rookies, tank it this year, sign wiggins and load up on superstars in 2014. sounds like a plan to me!

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                      atlanta only has 22 million in guaranteed contracts. basically the whole team is up for FA except for horford and lou williams. they build a team full of rookies, tank it this year, sign wiggins and load up on superstars in 2014. sounds like a plan to me!

If that is the case Horford straight up for Bargnani

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Every time I mention Tim Tim I hear cricket chirping. LOL

I must be in the minority who view his value underrated due to questions about factors that won't prevent him from playing in the league a long time. I'm thinking Mo Pete potential.
                        I don't think anything about how I see his value is affected by other factors. I'm not high on him.

If I want to target a shooter with solid intangibles, that's Karasev. Excellent shooter, good intangibles on both ends, crafty playmaker. He's always excelled and been one of the best players in the world in his age group. Very competitive player. I don't worry about whether he can be a keeper, I just wonder what his ceiling is. My hope is a Garbo-type player with better shooting and passing. Oh, and he's a lefty, who can go and finish right.

Comment

okay...there we go Karasev, Shroeder and that Shabang guy

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                            The picks we need to Target are Houston, Atlanta and Dallas.

Atlanta has four draft picks and I doubt they want THAT many rookies.
                            I thought about that with Atlanta, but I don't know what their asking price will be. They could easily end up in tank mode next season....and so would be reluctant to part with young pieces as they will be stocking up on them.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                              If that is the case Horford straight up for Bargnani
                              Believe me, I'm hoping big time that Atlanta strikes out in free agency and goes into tank mode.

Comment

Wow...conflicting posts.....I want Horford, but not Atlanta's draft picks because I doubt their availability in tank mode.

Comment

Working...
                                X