Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ujiri is trying to get in the draft, who you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Again it could be some other reason why he is performing badly do I really need to remind everyone of Kevin Durant?
    not everyone is Durant. not everyone drafted 3rd is Jordan. I hope after all the reminders if he doesn't turn out to be the best player from this draft class and a franchise cornerstone I hope you can see that not everyone who struggles in workouts for whatever reason isn't going to turn out phenomenal.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Again it could be some other reason why he is performing badly do I really need to remind everyone of Kevin Durant?
      Maybe or maybe he's getting exposed?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Maybe or maybe he's getting exposed?
        Exactly. The difference with Durant was we just watched him destroy NCAA hoops for a year. He wasn't an unknown by any means going into the draft. We knew he'd be awesome and go #1 or #2 with Oden and that's exactly what happened. How about comparing him to a Euro pick who did poorly during workouts but ended up being a good NBA player? Are there any of those?

Comment

ORLANDO's #2 pick is available

Brian Schmitz: Source tells me Magic considering moving down in draft and have "quite a few" suitors interested in trading for No. 2 pick
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Man honestly people really dont care about this draft.... Raps should hop on that and trade for that pick and draft Burke, we have lots of pieces that would interest them, DeRozan, T-Ross to name 2 hell even Amir Johnson. We dont have a pick at all to balance a deal though.... Would be great to grab this from Orlando and the 13 from Dallas drafting Burke and a Big.

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
              ORLANDO's #2 pick is available

Brian Schmitz: Source tells me Magic considering moving down in draft and have "quite a few" suitors interested in trading for No. 2 pick
              Saw that. Can't see who they would want to be honest other than Ross.

They are in no rush on their build. Can't see them wanting Gay. Can't see them wanting DeRozan's $9.5Mper.

You'd have to get a third team involved for any realistic shot.

Comment

The Magic rumours are that they are considering moving down in the draft, not out of the draft. This doesn't mean they wouldn't move out of the draft for the right deal, but does indicate their desire to still be in the draft.

I think they would have some interest in Lowry and/or Ross, but they would most likely want more from the Raps than Toronto would want to send. I would do a deal built around Lowry, but wouldn't include Ross.

I think Toronto would have a better chance of acquiring a top 5 pick from Cleveland, Washington or Charlotte based on the goals that they have for next season (re. Playoffs).
                http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

I think Matt may have mentioned this somewhere else... but Cavs were shopping the 1st overall pick

They need an SF and seem to be in win soon mode and he's def better than Otto Porter (There are rumours of LeBron going back but don't think they would wait specifically to be burned again)

Gay for 1st overall (since cavs have cap space this summer) --- we draft Noel (don't play him for the year while rehabbing)

Trade john lucas (and cash so Mavs can buy him out) for the 13th overall pick (draft Schroeder)

Bargnani for spare pieces to to unload salary -- keep Kleiza till trade deadline day to use expiring for trade bait or amensty then

DeRozan has value around the league, I love the fact that he is loyal and enjoys Toronto but he's not the answer (our goal being another 2014 lottery pick and a young player like Chandler Parsons, Shved or Crowder)

Aim for top 5 pick in 2014

If we had:

FA/Schroeder
                  Fields/Ross
                  Wiggns or Randle or Parker
                  Noel/Johnson
                  JV/FA

I would be excited for the future of Raptors basketball

Comment

http://i8theball.files.wordpress.com...6/mycksmsg.jpg

The rest of the draft to me is a wash, only guy I'd take a chance on, not a great rebuilding draft IMO
                    i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Saw that. Can't see who they would want to be honest other than Ross.

They are in no rush on their build. Can't see them wanting Gay. Can't see them wanting DeRozan's $9.5Mper.

You'd have to get a third team involved for any realistic shot.
                      Yeah, they were saying "moving down" and not "moving out".

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                        The Magic rumours are that they are considering moving down in the draft, not out of the draft. This doesn't mean they wouldn't move out of the draft for the right deal, but does indicate their desire to still be in the draft.

I think they would have some interest in Lowry and/or Ross, but they would most likely want more from the Raps than Toronto would want to send. I would do a deal built around Lowry, but wouldn't include Ross.

I think Toronto would have a better chance of acquiring a top 5 pick from Cleveland, Washington or Charlotte based on the goals that they have for next season (re. Playoffs).
                        You think that whoever the Raptors might get with the second pick is going to be more useful to them than Lowry?

Who would you target?

Comment

Cody Zeller would be my pick, he would fit nicely because he has a good back to the basket post game, face up game and can score with either hand. Zeller has shot over 55% from the field for the last two years with averages of 15.6 and 16.5 points per game despite taking less than 10 shots both years. A combo of Cody, Amir and Jonas could be awesome for years to come and the efficiency would be awesome as well.
                          Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

Ujiri is in Italy at the Adidas EuroCamp:

Giannis Adetokunbo, 6’9, 196 pounds, Small Forward

Adetokunbo did not participate in Eurocamp, however he did play in a tournament roughly 45 minutes from Treviso, which most of the NBA teams attended. The overall word on Adetokunbo is that he is super raw but has NBA size and some level of NBA skill. Adetokunbo didn’t blow the doors off the gym yesterday and that left some scouts questioning how good he could be at the next level as he was clearly the best talent in the gym. The joke surrounding Adetokunbo is that he is the “international man of mystery” because no one seems to have a good read on his potential, except to comment on his size and frame.

It’s becoming clear that if Adetokunbo goes in the first round as many are projecting, he may be something of a long-term project and that might severely limit the number of teams in which that makes sense.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2013-adidas-eurocamp-notebook
                            I like Adetokunbo as a stash for 1-2 years. He is still just 18.

Click to read more prospects.

EDIT:

Greece-Croatia in the opener of a four-team under-20 tournament inside Pala Arrex was not just another age-group matchup in another neutral setting in another sleep gym that couldn’t build excitement if it had a quarry’s worth of equipment. It was Giannis Adetokunbo, international man of mystery, in a real game at the same time the adidas Eurocamp was taking place 30 miles away in Treviso, and that meant it was a league event.

Dozens of executives and scouts broke away from Eurocamp in the early-evening to make Jesolo by the 6:15 p.m tip, putting recognizable faces everywhere among the crowd of approximately 300, in the latest attempt at a decision with the June 27 draft bearing down and Adetokunbo still tracking to the end of the first round.

Is he a worthwhile investment for a team willing and able to be patient with a long learning curve or a one-hit wonder of 2012-13 who has gone from nowhere to the guaranteed money only because he faced very weak competition in a lower-division Greek league?

Saturday offered little in the way of concrete answers. Or as one front-office veteran said when asked afterward what he learned from Greece 62, Croatia 52: “Not much.”

Adetokunbo is smooth and has a good feel for the game for a 19 year old with little, and maybe less than that, experience against elite players. He can handle the ball at 6-foot-8, a particularly intriguing aspect, though nowhere near well enough to seriously be considered a possibility for a matchup nightmare at point guard. He can’t shoot. And he needs to get a lot stronger.

“Three or four years,” one scout said of a realistic timeline for Adetokunbo to make an impact in the NBA. “Maybe five.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2013/0...-an-nba-event/
                            Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Jun 9, 2013, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Trade one of our bench scrubs for a second round pick, draft Seth Curry, teach him the point. We need more Curry's in this league, they are fun to watch lol
                              You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Seth Curry might not even get drafted.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X