Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ujiri is trying to get in the draft, who you want?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure if I am creating something in my fixated mind but..... here goes....

There are a lot of close relationships between the Raptors, Bucks, and Kings.

Raptors:
    - New assistant GM is currently with Bucks
    - New Sacramento GM is was with with Nuggets/Ujiri
    - jammed on wings with overpaid and/or overlapping talent.

Bucks:
    - current assistant GM about to join Raps
    - Ellis is an UFA and new SAC ownership used to be part owner of W's and big Monta fan
    - starting and backup SG (Ellis/Redick) likely to bolt via UFA
    - Jennings and DD history

Kings:
    - new GM was assistant to Ujiri
    - new coach was assistant in GS when Ellis played, good relationship
    - new ownership a fan of Ellis from minority ownership in GS days
    - cap space to sign Ellis

There just seems, IN MY OPINION, to be too many relationships and too many assets that could benefit each team.

Assets Raptors could conceivably have interest in from:
    - Bucks:
    a) #15/#43
    b) Dunleavy via S&T
    c) Ilyasova

- Kings:
    a) Thompson
    b) Freddette
    c) #7/#36
    d) Patterson
    e) Thornton

Assets Bucks and Kings might have interest in from Toronto:
    a) DeRozan
    b) willingness to take a bad contract? (Salmons, Hayes, Mbah a Moute, Gooden)
    c) Gray (both need legit backup C)

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
      These kids have potential but right Kyle Lowry is better than all of them. That's also fun if you think Casey would start a rookie point guard.
      I think if Masai is going to go for 'blow it up' option then it would be a tactical/unfair way to put pressure on casey and end up with a higher pick in 2014 ... but I'm suggesting it simply because I don't think Lowry is our answer at PG ... we'll see if Lowry -15 pounds + training camp = better fit

Comment

• Report: Mclemore's draft stock is reportedly slipping after some unimpressive workouts.

What would it take to get this guy without giving up Gay, JV and DD?
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
          Report: Mclemore's draft stock is reportedly slipping after some unimpressive workouts.

I don't understand the appeal of obtaining McLemore while holding on to DD and to a lesser extent Gay.

There are only so many minutes to go around.

McLemore compliments both Gay and to a lesser extent DD much more than DD and Gay do anything for the other.

Comment

• If McLemore or Bennett are available at 7 that would be interesting.

Also meant to say in earlier post that Sacramento keep looking at Shabazz who has fallen hard to the mid teens while Milwaukee reportedly was high on KCP recently. No way KCP reaches 15.

So even forgetting Toronto for a minute, it might appear MIL and SAC could become trade partners.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
              There are a lot of close relationships between the Raptors, Bucks, and Kings.

Add one more penny to the thoughts...

The new GM of the Nuggets, Tim Connelly, claims Masai as a friend and gave him a few props during his intro. They apparently did a lot of scouting internationally. TC is also involved with Basketball without Borders.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                Add one more penny to the thoughts...

The new GM of the Nuggets, Tim Connelly, claims Masai as a friend and gave him a few props during his intro. They apparently did a lot of scouting internationally. TC is also involved with Basketball without Borders.
                I can actually see a trade between SAC/MIL/TOR.... not seeing anything with DEN - of course, that means NOTHING. Although Nuggets are thin at PF.

Interesting how small the NBA really is.

Comment

• Call me crazy but I think Bargs will be moved trade night and perhaps Klieza in some sort of 2nd rounder deal.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    Call me crazy but I think Bargs will be moved trade night and perhaps Klieza in some sort of 2nd rounder deal.
                    I doubt it but far from a crazy thought. It will really depend on how teams actually judge this draft vs what's being said. Only 10 kids have been invited to the green room so far so who knows how this draft is actually being evaluated...

Last edited by blackjitsu; Sun Jun 23, 2013, 10:51 PM.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Report: Mclemore's draft stock is reportedly slipping after some unimpressive workouts.

here's a thing ben mclemore once said:

"it’s hard to play basketball when nothing is inside of you”

alright now who all is still excited about ben mclemore?

Comment

• I don't think there's any way Bennett falls past #3. The more i think about it the more i'd love him on the team, too. Despite all that stuff i said about him way back. I'm hot for him. Real hot.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• chris wrote: View Post
                          here's a thing ben mclemore once said:

"it’s hard to play basketball when nothing is inside of you”

alright now who all is still excited about ben mclemore?
                          Did he just call himself Tin Man?

Comment

• That quote just made me burst out laughing, causing water to shoot out my nose. Thanks for that, Ben McLemore.
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• I understand, there is a daily avalanche of fan-mail filled with ideas that will guarantee a championship...

Well, this is my humble hat being thrown in - the Toronto Raptors would be wise to acquire a high draft pick to take Victor Oladipo. His work ethic and athletic ability suggest that his rapid development is a trend that should continue.

In the short term, he and JV form a defensive tandem that also boast the heart and hard work that Toronto sports fans love to cheer for...in the long term, those traits also happen to be essential to the pedigree of championship contender. Not to mention that these are two young men you can trust to act as ambassadors of the Raptors brand.

Oladipo's the diamond in the much maligned rough of the 2013 draft. He could be our Russell Westbrook-like perimeter ace, but without the antics. Surely, that type of prospect would be worthy of a trade involving anyone from the Raptors core not named Jonas.

Comment

• i agree Oladipo is going to be a heck of a player. If they want guys who are going to play defense and never stop fighting he's certainly what the doctor ordered.

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X