Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Most Despised Former Raptors Star?

We've hit a dull patch. Let's talk about something that stings:

Damon, Tracy, Vince or Chris... Which player do you resent if either?
    Damon Stoudamire
    0.00%
    Tracy McGrady
    9.09%
    Vince Carter
    39.39%
    Chris Bosh
    27.27%
    Forgive and forget
    24.24%

The poll is expired.

I think Bosh's exit hurt more than Vince's...but at the end of the day, there's a reason Vince gets booed more.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Yeah, Chris learned from the Vince saga and opted to knife us in the back instead.

Comment

I always thought that Tracy leaving hurt the franchise the most. He definitely should not/is not the most despised player (that will always be vince), but T-Mac and Carter could have been something really special.

If he had not opted out, I dont know if the Raptors even need 7 games to take off the Sixers. I know "ifs" never make for legitimate arguments, I am just trying to look at the question a little differently.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
          If he had not opted out, I dont know if the Raptors even need 7 games to take off the Sixers. I know "ifs" never make for legitimate arguments, I am just trying to look at the question a little differently.
          If McGrady had stayed, that Toronto team would have went to a Finals. No question in my mind.

Carter is still the worst. The way he left. The way he gave up on the city, the fans and his team. I'm long past caring about it but you can't wash away entirely what he did to the organization (not that the Raps were blameless).

At some point, the Raps will be good and maybe even win a title or have at least have a great player retire. At that point, VC will be rehabilitated here. But not before.

Comment

I voted McGrady.

I obviously hate the way that Carter and Bosh left town, but I can at least understand their reasoning.. Bosh especially.

But T Mac.. He could see the potential, and he chose to rob the city of a title so that he could be the top dog somewhere. His pride cost us a title.

Someday I'll clap for Vince and Bosh because of what they did while they were here, but I'll never be able to respect McGrady.

Comment

I question Apollo's motives for posting this.

It's like reminding someone of how they were a loser in high school and got the shit beat out of them everyday....

It's been years...WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME RE-LIVE THIS!
              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I always thought that Vince and T Mac look back on those days and say why on Earth didnt we stay? so foolish had a good chance of being a finals team for a good couple of years imo.

Since leaving Toronto they havent really done anything just role players basically at least TMac is Spurs lead cheerleader now about to get a championship.

Comment

He didn't play a single minute with the Raps, but I think I hate Alonzo Mourning most of all.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                    I always thought that Tracy leaving hurt the franchise the most. He definitely should not/is not the most despised player (that will always be vince), but T-Mac and Carter could have been something really special.

Had he not left they surely would have axed Iverson and eventually went on to challenge showtime in the finals. Antonio would have had his hands full with the big Diesel though..

thead wrote: View Post
                    I question Apollo's motives for posting this.

It's like reminding someone of how they were a loser in high school and got the shit beat out of them everyday....

It's been years...WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME RE-LIVE THIS!
                    I'm cruel. It's Friday and I want to ruin your entire weekend. I thought this was an obvious conclusion.

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    He didn't play a single minute with the Raps, but I think I hate Alonzo Mourning most of all.
                    Hate Babcock. Zo made it clear he only was willing to play for a contender. It was out there before the trade happened but Babcock called his bluff and that's a bad idea when you're messing with a straight shooter.

I think the Zo thing is no worse than John Salmons: What hope do we as Raptors fans have if God is against us?

Comment

No one is voting for Mighty Mouse so I think we've established that it takes a player a full 16 years to be forgiven by Toronto fans. That means Vince Carter will safely be able to walk down Young St. in the year 2021.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Had he not left they surely would have axed Iverson and eventually went on to challenge showtime in the finals. Antonio would have had his hands full with the big Diesel though..
                        slaw wrote: View Post
                        If McGrady had stayed, that Toronto team would have went to a Finals. No question in my mind.
                        And that is only taking into consideration the year after T-Mac left. This team could have been good for a long time, and ultimately that was taken away when Mcgrady left.

Comment

Yeah but instead he teamed up with Grant Hill to watch the Orlando Magic play... and make a disgustingly large sum of money in the process.

Comment

I'm not yet in Canada when the Mighty Mouse, Tmac and Vince left.

I voted Bosh coz I really hate how he sat the entire season after the all-star break while the team was in the middle of a playoff race (Raps were actually among the middle teams in the east!). He also said bad things about toronto saying it was different, commented about cable tv, etc. And how he's so cocky now saying he's a first ballot HOF, and the way he "roars" whenever he makes some basketball play. Even though he wasn't a star or as big as VC, he could have at least acted with class.

When damon, tmac, and vince left, there was some vindication for us raptor fans. Look how their careers turned out to be. damon was never the same in portland and was part of the jailblazers. tmac, well i would understand why he left as he wanted to be his own man and as seen in some interviews on OTR with Oak and VC, you could see that he truly regrets leaving Toronto esp when Landsberg mentioned that Kobe said that VC and Tmac could have won championships (he's getting his ring this year as a benchwarmer, lol). He couldn't lead his team out of the first round, and injuries hampered his career. I just hate VC coz he just performs so well when he plays the raps and beats us many times. I would blame the management more on that. He wasted his prime on a mediocre nets team.

I think Alonzo mourning should be on the list, coz he was part of the package that we're supposed to get for VC, and he didn't want to come here. That's just very unprofessional.

Comment

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...tle-contender/ How about digging up old close wounds?

Comment

Working...
                              X