Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is This Bosh's Subtle Way of Saying "Don't Worry Raptors Fans"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is This Bosh's Subtle Way of Saying "Don't Worry Raptors Fans"?

Hmmmm .... perhaps we're stressing for nothing regarding Bosh leaving town come the end of season. If not, then I really question Bosh's intelligence. I mean, why would we not worry about losing him?

Although the biggest names of the impending free-agent class are LeBron James and Dwyane Wade, the player involved in the most speculation is Chris Bosh because it's assumed he'll leave the Toronto Raptors at the end of the season.

''It doesn't bother me,'' Bosh said of the speculation. ''I think it bothers the people of Toronto more so. I'm just curious as to why. Everywhere I hear, 'He's gone, he's gone,' and I just want to know why people say that.'
    Source - Click here

I could be wrong, but I think he's referring to why the media keeps saying "he's gone", not the fans.

Comment

I wouldn't read too much into it, maybe he just wants people to get off his case for now.

Comment

I have two ways of reading this situation:

1) If he wants to resign, why doesn't do it now, so he can shut everyone up in the U.S media. and say "I am going to stay in Canada, deal with it". So he doesn't really want to resign and just wants to play this season out, and get out, so people would not be really upset.

2) If he resigns now, or if he did it pre-season, Raptors's GM would relax and would not try to bring another big name player to Toronto. So he is playing with everyone, so he can actually get a good team in T.O. In a way, he is working in fan's favor by doing that. So he will resign after all...

I really hope that my second way of thinking is the right one. Raptors are really gaining momentum in the league right now, and who knows maybe we will actually win a championship in a year or two!
        Take out the salami and cheese MAMA, this ball gameeeeee is OVERRRR!

Comment

If Bosh re-signed earlier, it would end other teams efforts to change their rosters etc. Once the trade deadline is over I will bet he starts letting people know subtly what he is going to do. From an outside observer he seems to really like his team and where he is playing. As well realizes he is even lucky to be in the league. He is a smart person, and doesn't want to ride anyone's coat-tails (ie. LBJ and DW). Plus it is giving BC plenty of info on what other people's plans are, as they are trying to cut deals with him for Bosh. Or at least were.

I think it is all a big smoke screen to help Toronto build a better team quicker.

Comment

I took it as it bothers the fans as to why he would want to play in Canada, Americans are so full of themselves. I lot of our team sports have teams from New Zealand and we don't question why our players would want to play there, if they are a good team why not?

Comment

Bosh is a good guy, he would never say straight up that he's leaving
              Personally i think he is goign to resign
              But i still think we should all chill out with the speculation untill he makes a decision publicly

Comment

if bosh signs know ,he can only get 3 years in the summer 6

Comment

Ugh...

If someone asked you what you wanted to eat for lunch one year from now and that you could make up your mind at anytime between now and then, but once you chose, you couldn't change your mind; why on EARTH would you decide now?

Even if I'm pretty sure I want tuna tomorrow, I might not when noon rolls around. It's not complicated folks. Who knows, I might go to make my tuna sandwich and find out I have no more mayonnaise.

Now I'm hungry...

Comment

Especially if you know that if you decide to go with tuna now, you'll get a bagel while if you wait until last minute, you'll be allowed to get a footlong sandwich...

Comment

Bosh isn't giving up the money and he wants to be the man a team is built around. He's been giving the subtle hints for a while. Couldn't he just sign a extension already?
                      The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
                      X