No announcement yet.

Best Shooter in Raptors History?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best shooter to ever play for the Raps: Dell Curry or Peja Stojakovic...too close to call

Best shooters who logged significant time with the Raps:
    -Anthony Parker
    -Jose Calderon

I'd like to put Mo Pete there, but while he was solid and put in some great seasons in the high-30% range, he was also streaky and inconsistent. I'd like to put Vince there, but I can't, because I always hated how much he'd fall back on the 3 and take lazy shots. Also he had many average seasons shooting the ball.

Comment

dont disagree with the Vince sentiment. If there is 10 seconds on the clock and we need a bucket, its Vince by a country mile.

However, in terms of a guy to just simply hit the shot, I cant get Tracy Murray out of my head. Dell had the sweetest stroke, but I cant remember him hitting that many key end of game type shots (whereas I seem to remember lots for Murray, or even Donyell Marshall for that matter.. )

Comment

Raps should get Seth Curry with a pick. Send him to D-LEague watch him grow bring him in as a role player later in the future.

Comment

dell curry.

Comment

Del Curry ... and it's not close.
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

My order of preference for last 10 second shot:

Vince Carter, Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon, J Rose and M Pete.
              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Dell...the guy was magic from distance, but best clutch shooter was VC, no question

Comment

if its for 3 its probably Dell Curry or Vince. But for 2, i'm going with Rudy Gay, in a span of like 2 weeks he nailed two huge game winners. If that's not clutch i don't know what is

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                    if its for 3 its probably Dell Curry or Vince. But for 2, i'm going with Rudy Gay, in a span of like 2 weeks he nailed two huge game winners. If that's not clutch i don't know what is
                    You should have seen some of the clutch game winners Vince had as a Raptor.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post

Oh I've seen them all. But Rudy Gay has the size and length to shoot over his defender and make that mid range shot with ease.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                        Oh I've seen them all. But Rudy Gay has the size and length to shoot over his defender and make that mid range shot with ease.
                        Ummm..Carter can do that as well. And he's actually a much better shooter than Gay and it's not even close.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Preferences for last second shots:

Vince, - depending on how long he is here, and the potential - Rudy, Jose, Anthony Parker.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            yes Vince was great unfortunately I remember him more for the shot he missed, second round game 7 against Philadelphia was a heartbreaker.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              yes Vince was great unfortunately I remember him more for the shot he missed, second round game 7 against Philadelphia was a heartbreaker.
                              vc vs rick smits. best ever, after the Olympics of course.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                                Ummm..Carter can do that as well. And he's actually a much better shooter than Gay and it's not even close.
                                Carter's not 6'8... and also he shot similar percentages to what Rudy has shot in his career. Rudy shoots 45% for his career, Vince 44%. So i really don't know how you can say he's a better shooter, unless you mean 3pt.

Comment

Working...
                                X