X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season Ticket Holders Video Address from Leiweke and Ujiri

Ujiri's video is nothing new or exciting. Same old youth and passion spiel:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Ni5jFyK_Z_I

(For some reason I can't embed 2 videos: You have included a total of 2 videos in your message. The maximum number that you may include is 1. Please correct the problem and then continue again.

The use of videos is subject to them being enabled by the administrator.
    )

Leiweke on the other hand (btw, video and following quotes coming from RaptorsBlog at theScore.com:

Money shots from Leiweke, #1:

“This isn’t going to be easy. I know in the past, we as an organization have maybe made commitments that we weren’t prepared to ultimately live up to. Those days are over. We won’t create unrealistic expectations. But I will tell you this, we are going to get out of 7-11. It’s not a place you want to live. We want to win a championship. And we’re going to do whatever we need to do, no matter how much hard work, no matter what the resources.”
    Money shot #2:

“We are headed in a direction where you are going to be proud of this organization again. We’re going to try very hard to live up to the expectations, and once and for all, over-deliver instead of under-deliver.”

Joseph Casciario commentary from blogs.theScore.com/Raptors:

Between the poorly followed through commitments and unrealistic expectations comments, as well as the “under-deliver” quote, I don’t think I need to spell out how one might read this as another shot at Colangelo, whether intended by Leiweke or not.

In terms of the actual message being sent, Leiweke continues to preach his vision of overseeing a team that is built properly to eventually compete for championships, not just to oversee a playoff team stuck in “7-11″ territory – that is, good enough to make the playoffs as a lower seed, not good enough to compete for a title, but not bad enough to capitalize on the draft.
    But in saying that, the most realistic outcome might be for the Raptors to take a step back next season to put themselves in better position to cash in on a loaded 2014 draft. Between some of the comments from Tuesday’s press conference and Leiweke’s comments here about not creating unrealistic expectations and getting out of “7-11,” it seems the organization is at least hinting at, and preparing fans for, this possible outcome.
    Buyers
    28.57%
    Sellers
    71.43%

It could be a shot a the old owners and not Colangelo but...yeah, definitely comes off that way.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      It could be a shot a the old owners and not Colangelo but...yeah, definitely comes off that way.
      Good point. I had not thought of that. OTPP definitely deserve a lot of shots.

Comment

i would say thats a better sell than "reason #15, grow your bobble head collection"

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Well what took place in the past didn't work. He's here to help clean it up and part of that is apologizing. I don't think he's taking shots at Colangelo, I just think mending the bridge between the organization and in the fans naturally leads to addressing past failures.

I do think Colangelo is in a really tough spot right now. No one likes having their nose rubbed in their mess and that could be how he views this.

Comment

@sweatpantsjer

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
              i would say thats a better sell than "reason #15, grow your bobble head collection"
              Reason number 2, Witness Rudy's game winners

Comment

Leiweke's bit gave me goosebumps
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Is it really taking a shot at someone if its the truth?
                  For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

thead wrote: View Post
                    Is it really taking a shot at someone if its the truth?
                    I'd agree with this, but I think Apollo put it best; no one likes having their nose rubbed in their own shit.
                    Last edited by Joey; Mon Jun 10, 2013, 12:11 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      I'd agree with this, but I think Apollo put it best; no one likes having their nose rubbed in their own shit.
                      Think someone told Tim he had to keep Bryan and this is his way of forcing him to quit?
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Think someone told Tim he had to keep Bryan and this is his way of forcing him to quit?
                        I think BC himself talked his way into keeping the Presidency job. (I bet he had a PowerPoint presentation and everything! Haha)
                        And TL just wasn't there when it happened. Haha

Now TL is looking to right the ship without making other decision makers feel like they effed up by keeping him on.

Comment

We're going tanking!

Comment

Tanks but no tanks.

Isn't Colangelo making like $5M/yr? And he has one more year left under contract, correct?

Comment

tanking with ammo this time. wictory baby.
                              Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                              X