No announcement yet.

Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you're all jumping on Buyck like a pack of dicks flocking to an open vagina.

I'll wait to see how he plays. Good to see him and Stone square off for 2nd pt. guard role.

Comment

• Dwight Buycks signed

Big news (ha, ha)! I guess there will be some competition for back-up PG.

Haven't watched much of the summer league, but he played for Thunder's summer league team this past week.

link

Dwight Buycks has reached agreement on a multi-year contract with the Toronto Raptors, a source told RealGM.

The Portland Trail Blazers, Oklahoma City Thunder and Miami Heat had pursued Buycks as a potential third-string point guard, but he ultimately couldn’t pass up the opportunity to back up Kyle Lowry on the Raptors. For the Raptors, Buycks’ defense and playmaking served as enticing factors to give him a chance.

Buycks has starred for the Thunder’s summer league team this month, ranking third in assists per game, and he will travel for his physical exam with the Raptors over the weekend.

Buycks, 24, averaged 15 points and 2.6 assists in the NBA D-League last season.

The Oklahoman first reported that Buycks had agreed to be the Raptors’ backup point guard.
      “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
      ― John Wooden

Comment

• Threads are being merged faster than Lucky Luke's shooting.

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
          I think you're all jumping on Buyck like a pack of dicks flocking to an open vagina.

I'll wait to see how he plays. Good to see him and Stone square off for 2nd pt. guard role.
          hahaha exactly what i said, well, sort of. not as graphic tho.
          where are jamario moon, garbo, ukic, solomon, AP, Forbes, AA now? Exactly.

Comment

• Stone is the next Magic Johnson
            Buyck is the next Tony Parker

- Raptors Fans
            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I just puked out my coffee ryan....***...

Comment

• "The 6'3" guard from Marquette is playing well, but for whom is he doing it for?"

"Those are often the players that leave last impressions, because it peaks the curiosity..."

*shudders*

Comment

• I think this is a smart signing by MU.

Assuming Lowry is going to be playing 33-35 mins a night, theres really only 13-15 mins for the backup anyway.

By signing guys like Buyck and Stone, MU is avoiding the PG controversy we've dealt with every year for the last 6, and is just counting on them being good enough to hold the fort, while Lowry catches his breath.

This is Lowry's team now.

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                    What about Bayless?

He's carved himself out a nice little niche in Memphis.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      What about Bayless?

He's carved himself out a nice little niche in Memphis.
                      Guy that takes a lot of bad shots in the playoffs?
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think this is a smart signing by MU.

Assuming Lowry is going to be playing 33-35 mins a night, theres really only 13-15 mins for the backup anyway.

By signing guys like Buyck and Stone, MU is avoiding the PG controversy we've dealt with every year for the last 6, and is just counting on them being good enough to hold the fort, while Lowry catches his breath.

It's not the 13 - 15 minutes I'm worried about it's the 13 - 15 games Lowry misses every year that concerns me.

Comment

Agreed.

What concerns me though is what happens when Lowry inevitably goes down with an injury. It's all well and good for him to be the undisputed starting PG, but if that status comes at the expense of a credible backup, I'm not sure how helpful it is in the first place.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            Guy that takes a lot of bad shots in the playoffs?
                            Hah. Was just going to say this.

A team like Memphis, I could probably play PG and look good. It's a testament to how strong their bigs are that they gave Bayless minutes and STILL went deep into the playoffs.

Comment

Wonder what happens if Lowry tweaks something? I suspect these are moves that smell of "organic tank"....sink or swim.

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                                hahaha exactly what i said, well, sort of. not as graphic tho.
                                Well I don't what MU was supposed to do with this cap space. I'm optimistic.

Jamario and AP had solid careers. Garbo would've if not for injuries. And I'm sure AA will find a team.
                                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                                X