What if they moved Harden to PG?

Harden
    Demar
    Parsons
    Robinson
    Howard

That is a killer starting 5.
    Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Robinson didn't start for them after the trade.
    I know that.

I was replying to enlightenment's suggestion of a possible starting lineup in Houston with DeMar.

Comment

Oops! I didnt know about Robertson. Motiejunas would probably compliment Dwight more anyways.
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Raps would have to send a minimum of $5.5M out..... and Novak and Camby can't be traded with anyone else until September
        10 at the earliest.
        Any interest?
        What is the rush? Why can't we wait till 10 Sept?
        I was thinking more Asik for Novak & Camby. Would that make sense?

Comment

Mapko wrote: View Post
          What is the rush? Why can't we wait till 10 Sept?
          I was thinking more Asik for Novak & Camby. Would that make sense?
          It would.

Unfortunately if Asik is not happy behind Howard not sure how he'll feel behind JV

Comment

What about beside him? Could he play PF?
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
              What about beside him? Could he play PF?
              I'm not sure. My first response is no but honestly, I don't know.

Comment

I'm not sure. My first response is no but honestly, I don't know.
                Back at Rytas they use to call him JV "45". Because he could play either position.
                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Lin is a good bench pt guard. His contract is way too big though..

Comment

Going to keep saturating threads with my hope that the Raps will manage to pick up Chauncey Billups.

And before people start shooting it down or saying he's going anywhere else, there's been really no word from his camp about where he's going. He said he wants to play 2 more years. Detroit has shown interest, but there's nothing close to a rumour about him signing a deal with anybody. Also Detroit is leaking their actions like crazy. In all likelihood, the educated guess is that he wants to a) get a legit role, even as a back up, and b) play for a contender. When you consider a) in relation to b), there are few opportunities for both. So I think there might be some option to make a play for him, because they can definitely sell him on a), and if he can't play for a contender, they can sell him on Toronto being a playoff team, especially if he joins to help lead this young group.

Comment

Oh, and JV is not a PF. He should not ever have to play there for significant minutes. Any deal that brings in another big-minute C better bring in a guy who would have an easier time sliding over to PF than JV. Asik is not the answer to the Raptors big man rotation. Though I suppose if it didn't cost them a major asset (but how could that work?), it'd be fine to add him to the mix. But I would also expect he'd probably be traded again before his deal is up because it's not a good long-term fit.

Comment

Back at Rytas they use to call him JV "45". Because he could play either position.
                        I was talking about Asik.

I'm not sure JV could do that in the NBA though. You think he could?

Comment

His been compared to Pau Gasol since his early teens.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

His been compared to Pau Gasol since his early teens.
                            Has he? He's been compared to all kinds of guys. He's been one of the top big prospects in the world since he was 15-16. Nothing I saw from JV last year suggests the ability to play the PF full time in the NBA. Everythign I saw suggested he could be a dominant C though. Don't force a guy out of position.

Comment

I would say with Asik, much like JV, he can maybe play PF in spurts. THey're both active so they won't kill you on team D. But individually, both will struggle badly against a fair amount of NBA PFs. Far from an optimal pairing. And again, one that even if it happened, I can't see being a long-term plan, and would probably expect Asik to be flipped again before his deal is up.

Comment

Lets not please confuse JV? Development...do it right. He is one of the best assets to come our way...lets not screw with him, thanks. The next year will hopefully confirm that he needs to be built around (as a centre).

RE Asik (which provides a Camby moment)...the Rockets say he isnt going anywhere. McHale wants him around and is talking about coming up with a "spacing" plan to play DH & Asik together. Whatever...we dont know if it'll work even if Asik agrees. Yes, and diva DH will have to agree too!
                                Last edited by Bendit; Sun Jul 7, 2013, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X