No announcement yet.

Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well right now offense coming off the bench is not in abudance and Nate is all offense. The little dude is explosive.

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
    Lowry going bye bye?
    Lowry is actually much more important now after recent moves.

Comment

• Y didn't we just keep JL3 then?

Comment

• drunkmunky wrote: View Post
        Y didn't we just keep JL3 then?
        Nate's better than JL3. He's stronger, a better defender (when he's into it) and better at attacking the basket. Just a better scorer, all around. Maybe not as streaky a shooter. JL3 can get stupidly hot, but he's completely useless if his jumper isn't falling.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Well right now offense coming off the bench is not in abudance and Nate is all offense. The little dude is explosive.

Lowry is actually much more important now after recent moves.
          It's funny, in the starting 5 thread, I just posted my preferred rotation...and I noted there's a legit opportunity for the backup PG to bring scoring if he can. I'm figuring for the end/start of quarters there will be at least a bit of a window for a guy to bring some of that with most starters on the bench.

Comment

• We are talking to Nate because Stone failed his physical and we took away the contract. So we have an open PG slot.

Comment

• @KevinRashidi: Talks about getting Nate Robinson or Rodrigue Beaubois are back on as Raptors will NOT be signing Julyan Stone due to a failed physical.#RTZ
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• So far there is no confirmation from any other news media sources about this move.

Comment

• yeah but Kevin got the quote from the original guy, and there is no other source beyond the original guy.

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    @KevinRashidi: Talks about getting Nate Robinson or Rodrigue Beaubois are back on as Raptors will NOT be signing Julyan Stone due to a failed physical.#RTZ
                    Damn. Really intrigued with this Stone guy. A 6'7 PG doesn't come around very often.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I don't want anything to do with Beaubois. Seems to have totally fizzled out.

Nate's fine. Any guy who is available at the minimum.

Comment

• I'll vote for unproven at this point (no pun intended)

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        That is a good point.

Don't the Raptors have that in Stone?

What happens if Lowry goes down? Would you rather unproven starting PG or experience?

**BTW, not being snarky. Sincere questions which I could debate either way**
                        It's a good question. My 2 cents is that the Raptors best play are small bets with high risk as opposed to medium sized bets with low risk.

It is early days, but its fair to state that Ujiri is very different from any GM Toronto has had to date. We will see how things shake out in the years to come but I can't recall at time when:

1) A trade Toronto entered into with any other team was touted as a fleecing - by us
                        2) A GM is listed amongst NBA players as one of the better free agent signings - again by us

Hard to be bullish about our team "as is" today - but also hard not to be bullish on the new man we have behind our chips...
                        Last edited by Rocky; Fri Jul 12, 2013, 11:12 PM.

Comment

• According to a source familiar with the situation, Robinson and his camp have already made it clear with the Bulls that the two sides will part ways, as Robinson seeks a multi-year contract. Even if that contract isn’t made available to the point guard, a one-year deal with a team that will give him extended playing time is next on his wish list.
                          Robinson knows that his value might never be higher coming off a season like he had, and silencing critics that he wasn’t the most coachable player in the league. You put a year in under coach Tom Thibodeau, and stay mostly dog-house free, that’s an accomplishment.
                          From Chicago Sun Times: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/21022...ls-source.html

I think Nate would be nice at backup PG, but we may have pay over the minimum for it. He made just over $1.1 million last year and will definitely be looking for a raise. He's worth it though. A guy that can come off the bench and provide instant offense. We all know Ross isn't at that stage yet.
                          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                            Damn. Really intrigued with this Stone guy. A 6'7 PG doesn't come around very often.
                            They don't and so why do you supposed he is getting little interest? (Raptors physical aside)

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                            Y didn't we just keep JL3 then?
                            Because he's not that good.

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            It's funny, in the starting 5 thread, I just posted my preferred rotation...and I noted there's a legit opportunity for the backup PG to bring scoring if he can. I'm figuring for the end/start of quarters there will be at least a bit of a window for a guy to bring some of that with most starters on the bench.
                            Yeah and he would offer a nice change of pace, pushing the ball catching teams a little off guard.

Comment

• The reason Buycks signed with the raps was because they offered him the backup job, I assume they knew Stone wasn't coming in. Can't imagine the raps signing a guy like Robinson to play third string.

I think if anything it'll be one of the guys from the summer league team
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Nate Robinson love him to death but Im not sure he would mesh well in this team of youngsters. Also he would be great and awful off the bench he would score right away and be a spark but at the detriment of Ross who is still learning and needs a guard to set him up and Fields who cant do anything at all.

With Buycks signing that contract for 3 years it sounds like hes the back up. Still hoping for Kabongo or Seth to be a Raptor D-League stash though....

Comment

Working...
                                X