Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

@KevinRashidi: Talks about getting Nate Robinson or Rodrigue Beaubois are back on as Raptors will NOT be signing Julyan Stone due to a failed physical.#RTZ

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

So far there is no confirmation from any other news media sources about this move.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

yeah but Kevin got the quote from the original guy, and there is no other source beyond the original guy.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    @KevinRashidi: Talks about getting Nate Robinson or Rodrigue Beaubois are back on as Raptors will NOT be signing Julyan Stone due to a failed physical.#RTZ
    Damn. Really intrigued with this Stone guy. A 6'7 PG doesn't come around very often.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

5. Like p00ka liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't want anything to do with Beaubois. Seems to have totally fizzled out.

Nate's fine. Any guy who is available at the minimum.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll vote for unproven at this point (no pun intended)

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    That is a good point.

Don't the Raptors have that in Stone?

What happens if Lowry goes down? Would you rather unproven starting PG or experience?

**BTW, not being snarky. Sincere questions which I could debate either way**
    It's a good question. My 2 cents is that the Raptors best play are small bets with high risk as opposed to medium sized bets with low risk.

It is early days, but its fair to state that Ujiri is very different from any GM Toronto has had to date. We will see how things shake out in the years to come but I can't recall at time when:

1) A trade Toronto entered into with any other team was touted as a fleecing - by us
    2) A GM is listed amongst NBA players as one of the better free agent signings - again by us

Hard to be bullish about our team "as is" today - but also hard not to be bullish on the new man we have behind our chips...
    Last edited by Rocky; Fri Jul 12th, 2013 at 11:12 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

According to a source familiar with the situation, Robinson and his camp have already made it clear with the Bulls that the two sides will part ways, as Robinson seeks a multi-year contract. Even if that contract isn’t made available to the point guard, a one-year deal with a team that will give him extended playing time is next on his wish list.
    Robinson knows that his value might never be higher coming off a season like he had, and silencing critics that he wasn’t the most coachable player in the league. You put a year in under coach Tom Thibodeau, and stay mostly dog-house free, that’s an accomplishment.
    From Chicago Sun Times: http://www.suntimes.com/sports/21022...ls-source.html

I think Nate would be nice at backup PG, but we may have pay over the minimum for it. He made just over $1.1 million last year and will definitely be looking for a raise. He's worth it though. A guy that can come off the bench and provide instant offense. We all know Ross isn't at that stage yet.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Damn. Really intrigued with this Stone guy. A 6'7 PG doesn't come around very often.
    They don't and so why do you supposed he is getting little interest? (Raptors physical aside)

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    Y didn't we just keep JL3 then?
    Because he's not that good.

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    It's funny, in the starting 5 thread, I just posted my preferred rotation...and I noted there's a legit opportunity for the backup PG to bring scoring if he can. I'm figuring for the end/start of quarters there will be at least a bit of a window for a guy to bring some of that with most starters on the bench.
    Yeah and he would offer a nice change of pace, pushing the ball catching teams a little off guard.

10. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

The reason Buycks signed with the raps was because they offered him the backup job, I assume they knew Stone wasn't coming in. Can't imagine the raps signing a guy like Robinson to play third string.

I think if anything it'll be one of the guys from the summer league team

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nate Robinson love him to death but Im not sure he would mesh well in this team of youngsters. Also he would be great and awful off the bench he would score right away and be a spark but at the detriment of Ross who is still learning and needs a guard to set him up and Fields who cant do anything at all.

With Buycks signing that contract for 3 years it sounds like hes the back up. Still hoping for Kabongo or Seth to be a Raptor D-League stash though....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

In order to pay Nate more than the minimum we would need to get rid of Kleiza (amnesty) in order to get under the tax threshold. That would allow us to offer Nate the remainder of the full-MLE (about 2.2M) which might be enough to secure him. I'd really love to get him to give our 2nd unit some scoring punch.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nate also doesnt strike me as a Casey player besides his mental toughness. Hes a mix of Bayless and Lucas 2 players that never meshed with Casey exactly.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Xixak wrote: View Post
    In order to pay Nate more than the minimum we would need to get rid of Kleiza (amnesty) in order to get under the tax threshold. That would allow us to offer Nate the remainder of the full-MLE (about 2.2M) which might be enough to secure him. I'd really love to get him to give our 2nd unit some scoring punch.
    dont we have a Mini-MLE? Worth 3 Mil? The one Brooklyn used to sign Kirilenko?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone ever heard of nick calathes?
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

17. Like white men can't jump liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    dont we have a Mini-MLE? Worth 3 Mil? The one Brooklyn used to sign Kirilenko?
    The answer is in salary cap thread
    Tim Leiweke

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Just as we thought the point guard signings were over, Stone fails his physical. We essentially gave Buycks Stone's contract. All we have left is our Bi Annual exception; $2,016,000. I really don't think Robinson would come to Toronto for that amount so we can pretty much squash that.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Has anyone ever heard of nick calathes?
    What would Dallas be asking in return for the rights

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote alex_elstone wrote: View Post
    What would Dallas be asking in return for the rights
    I don't know....Dallas is really frustrating me with their pursuit of so many guards. I mean, will they just trade Calathes already? Maybe they're asking for a lot because they're high on him.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    Its the Raptor Fan Syndrome.

New signing and we glorify it like the second coming of Lebron James.
    Correction - Baby LeBron 2.0. The second coming belongs to Eric Bledsoe
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

Buycks getting some ESPN attention:

Surprises

Dwight Buycks, Thunder

Inevitably, every summer league sees one player who rises from obscurity to prominence. In Orlando, that player was Buycks. Bursting onto the scene with a 12-point, 13-assist performance in Game 1, Buycks was tremendous for Oklahoma City on both ends of the ball, running the pick-and-roll to perfection and hounding opposing ball handlers. He averaged 9.5 points, six assists and two steals per game while shooting 48 percent from the floor (albeit on an average of just six attempts), and his production did not go unnoticed: Buycks recently signed a deal with the Toronto Raptors.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...inal-judgments
    Tim Leiweke

24. Like Puffer liked this post

Thread Information