Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vimsanity wrote: View Post
    Like the signing, other than the fact that it seems he is supposed to be good at doing exactly what JL3 proved he could do at the NBA level (good shooting, score-first pg), but with a little more size (6'3"? not bad) and maybe a little upside too....
    It looks like his score first reputation was acquired in college (Marquette?) and over in France, where he won the MVP in their best Pro league, he was asked to become more of a facilitator, which he managed to do. Seems like he also did more of that in this seasons summer league play, so I don't know if "score first PG" is the final story.

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post
      Big news (ha, ha)! I guess there will be some competition for back-up PG.

Haven't watched much of the summer league, but he played for Thunder's summer league team this past week.

link
      The Thunder were going to have to choose between him and Derek Fisher. From what I read they liked him but beating out Derek Fisher would have been tough.

Puffer wrote: View Post
      Or Anthony Parker, or Jorge Garbajosa, or Jose Calderon.
      I think we knew about Parker well. He only came over here and humiliated the Raptors the year prior in exhibition. Not to mention he was Euroleague MVP, and a champion.

Comment

• I've heard of dwight buycks. Don't remember when and where but i heard he has a ton of potential. J Stone and D Bikes at PG sounds good. They can duke it out for the backup spot. Who wins? I like them both, but i want J Stone to come out on top. Its fun watching a big PG run the show. He can see over defenders much easier and will be able to shot over top of them

Comment

• TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
          Joey, its Darrick, not Derrick.

Bwahahahaha
          Fair enough, but DMart doesn't deserve a spelling correction.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
            Nothing personal, but this is an undrafted signing of a guy who has bounced around for a couple of years. No one expects him to help the "franchise in the long run."

On the other hand, his numbers look pretty good. His tape looks pretty good. Guy has a very good motor apparently, judging by how far out he is on the breakaways in the videos. And his shooting % is effective from deep and efficient overall.

Some Raptors fans on this board are relatively pleased. Nobody is hailing the arrival of the new Gary Payton. So why are some posters crapping all over anyone who has something positive to say about this signing? I note that they are not crapping all over Ujiri for the signing, just other board members who dare to say "looks like an okay signing."

The fact that somebody points out Buyck has what looks like a good 3 pt shot doesn't make them a fanboy. It means they can read his stats.

Swear to God, a bunch of RR members sound just like 17 year old kids who think the height of level headed reasoning is to employ sarcasm, name calling, and one-upmanship. Do yourself a favour. Try to respond reasonably and with some judgement.

That way you won't have to be embarrassed at yourself and the posts you have made online in another 5-10 years.

(Believe me, I know what I am talking about )
            NOt sure if this was directed to me or Pooka, but seems like its to me since you quoted my post.

What im merely pointing at is that there seems to be a trend in raptorland that virtual unknowns dont seem to last long with the team. Maybe not a fact, but i just pointed out a couple of the same type of signing that ended quite abruptly.

Also, im not crapping on this signing. Did i say it was a bad signing? a terrible signing? again, im just pointing out that signings of this type, by the raptors, did not help the raptors in the long run. But who knows, this could be the deviation.

not sure where youre coming from with this -
            Puffer wrote: View Post
            Swear to God, a bunch of RR members sound just like 17 year old kids who think the height of level headed reasoning is to employ sarcasm, name calling, and one-upmanship. Do yourself a favour. Try to respond reasonably and with some judgement.

That way you won't have to be embarrassed at yourself and the posts you have made online in another 5-10 years.

(Believe me, I know what I am talking about )
            i dont recall being sarcastic, calling names or one-upmanship-ing anybody.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post

Very impressive in France! (MVP)

18.2 pts /3.2 reb. /2.9 ass. /1.4 steals/ 49% FG / 38% 3PT / 32 MPG

Proves he can maintain his FG% with more attempts and minutes!
              Mute it and play Started from the bottom, then Who dat by J Cole

makes it a billion times better

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Fair enough, but DMart doesn't deserve a spelling correction.
                Common man, this alone -

merits a spelling correction.

Comment

...not sure where youre coming from with this - i dont recall being sarcastic, calling names or one-upmanship-ing anybody.
                  I agree, you weren't. that's why I said "nothing personal." but this was an earlier comment.

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                  Its the Raptor Fan Syndrome.

New signing and we glorify it like the second coming of Lebron James.
                  I expect you were being a little hyperbolic, but I don't see what's wrong with trying to take a slightly positive outlook on team activities. I don't recall anyone saying that this signing was going to push the Raptors up to the next level or anything. Just that, for what it was, it seemed like a reasonable deal...And maybe there were some comments along the lines of "Looks like another nice potential find by Ujiri."

As for the sarcasm, one-upmanship etc. Not necessarily from you but there is sure enough of it going around.

My bad for responding to two different issues after taking a quote from your post. Apologies.

Comment

• Hahahaha the ending is the best

".........damn! props to derrick martin"

Comment

• I imagine that given Ujiri's keen awareness of french basketball (drafting one french player last year, his former staff drafting another this year), he was likely keeping tabs on Buycks through the season. There's also a pretty good chance that Nurse had some familiarity of him from his d-league days (they would have played twice, with Buycks having one game where he filled up the stat sheet with 14 pts, 4 assists, 4 steals, 4 rebounds). Not saying that makes Buycks good, just that this is probably a well-scouted signing, not just a shot-in-the-dark on one good summer league camp.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                        I agree, you weren't. that's why I said "nothing personal." but this was an earlier comment.

I expect you were being a little hyperbolic, but I don't see what's wrong with trying to take a slightly positive outlook on team activities. I don't recall anyone saying that this signing was going to push the Raptors up to the next level or anything. Just that, for what it was, it seemed like a reasonable deal...And maybe there were some comments along the lines of "Looks like another nice potential find by Ujiri."

As for the sarcasm, one-upmanship etc. Not necessarily from you but there is sure enough of it going around.

My bad for responding to two different issues after taking a quote from your post. Apologies.
                        I admit i was a little sarcastic with that post, but not a whole lot, hehehe. After reading references to him being French League MVP and credible back up if Lowry gets injured, it kinda nudged my sarcastic side to wake up, but just slightly.

And if you look at my post, i said "we", so im also guilty of having the Raps Fan Syndrome.

Comment

I was just trying to point out that "diamond in the rough" signings by the Raptors in the past did not really produce lifers, or helped the franchise in the long run.
                          But at those times, we didn't have MU and his scouting team, so it might be different. We'll have to see during the regular season.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            I've heard of dwight buycks. Don't remember when and where but i heard he has a ton of potential. J Stone and D Bikes at PG sounds good. They can duke it out for the backup spot. Who wins? I like them both, but i want J Stone to come out on top. Its fun watching a big PG run the show. He can see over defenders much easier and will be able to shot over top of them
                            Except Stone can't shoot for his life!

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                              Except Stone can't shoot for his life!
                              He's a very hard worker. I think his jumpshot has improved for sure

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                He's a very hard worker. I think his jumpshot has improved for sure
                                True, but I still don't expect or see him to consistently shoot over shorter player next season.

Comment

Working...
                                X