Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 348

Thread: Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Lin and Asik for Derozan?
    Lowry for Afflalo?
    I don't think Houston is interested in a DeRozan. He has shown no ability to space the floor which is now a necessity for Howard. He would be a $9.5M backup to Harden and Parsons. Morey is very much in to advanced stats and DD's game is most definitely not.

    I think there would be better hope for Fields to be honest (less money, less years, contributes without the ball in his hands).
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I don't think Houston is interested in a DeRozan. He has shown no ability to space the floor which is now a necessity for Howard. He would be a $9.5M backup to Harden and Parsons. Morey is very much in to advanced stats and DD's game is most definitely not.

    I think there would be better hope for Fields to be honest (less money, less years, contributes without the ball in his hands).
    What if they moved Harden to PG?

    Harden
    Demar
    Parsons
    Robinson
    Howard

    That is a killer starting 5.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    But if we can flip Fields into Linsanity, then I am 100% for it!
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    What if they moved Harden to PG?

    Harden
    Demar
    Parsons
    Robinson
    Howard

    That is a killer starting 5.
    Robinson has been traded to Portland. Right now I think it would be Montiejunas or Jones starting at PF.

    Not sure about Harden at PG - although he certainly has the ball in his hands a lot anyways.

    Maybe I am fixated on what SVG did in Orlando but I don't think there is enough spacing on the floor in that lineup. Any team that is rocking DD at SG needs a stretch 4 to keep the D honest. Of course that statement is based on his career thus far and doesn't take in to consideration 2013-14 when he shoots 43% from deep on 7 attempts per game.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  5. #45
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Robinson has been traded to Portland. Right now I think it would be Montiejunas or Jones starting at PF.

    Not sure about Harden at PG - although he certainly has the ball in his hands a lot anyways.

    Maybe I am fixated on what SVG did in Orlando but I don't think there is enough spacing on the floor in that lineup. Any team that is rocking DD at SG needs a stretch 4 to keep the D honest. Of course that statement is based on his career thus far and doesn't take in to consideration 2013-14 when he shoots 43% from deep on 7 attempts per game.
    Robinson didn't start for them after the trade.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    What if they moved Harden to PG?

    Harden
    Demar
    Parsons
    Robinson
    Howard

    That is a killer starting 5.
    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Robinson didn't start for them after the trade.
    I know that.

    I was replying to enlightenment's suggestion of a possible starting lineup in Houston with DeMar.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  7. #47
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,494
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oops! I didnt know about Robertson. Motiejunas would probably compliment Dwight more anyways.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Ancaster, Ont (Via Serbia)
    Posts
    294
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

    Raps would have to send a minimum of $5.5M out..... and Novak and Camby can't be traded with anyone else until September
    10 at the earliest.
    Any interest?
    What is the rush? Why can't we wait till 10 Sept?
    I was thinking more Asik for Novak & Camby. Would that make sense?

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mapko wrote: View Post
    What is the rush? Why can't we wait till 10 Sept?
    I was thinking more Asik for Novak & Camby. Would that make sense?
    It would.

    Unfortunately if Asik is not happy behind Howard not sure how he'll feel behind JV

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,888
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    What about beside him? Could he play PF?

  11. #51
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    What about beside him? Could he play PF?
    I'm not sure. My first response is no but honestly, I don't know.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I'm not sure. My first response is no but honestly, I don't know.
    Back at Rytas they use to call him JV "45". Because he could play either position.

  13. #53
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lin is a good bench pt guard. His contract is way too big though..

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Going to keep saturating threads with my hope that the Raps will manage to pick up Chauncey Billups.

    And before people start shooting it down or saying he's going anywhere else, there's been really no word from his camp about where he's going. He said he wants to play 2 more years. Detroit has shown interest, but there's nothing close to a rumour about him signing a deal with anybody. Also Detroit is leaking their actions like crazy. In all likelihood, the educated guess is that he wants to a) get a legit role, even as a back up, and b) play for a contender. When you consider a) in relation to b), there are few opportunities for both. So I think there might be some option to make a play for him, because they can definitely sell him on a), and if he can't play for a contender, they can sell him on Toronto being a playoff team, especially if he joins to help lead this young group.

  15. #55
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Oh, and JV is not a PF. He should not ever have to play there for significant minutes. Any deal that brings in another big-minute C better bring in a guy who would have an easier time sliding over to PF than JV. Asik is not the answer to the Raptors big man rotation. Though I suppose if it didn't cost them a major asset (but how could that work?), it'd be fine to add him to the mix. But I would also expect he'd probably be traded again before his deal is up because it's not a good long-term fit.

  16. #56
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    20,673
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Back at Rytas they use to call him JV "45". Because he could play either position.
    I was talking about Asik.

    I'm not sure JV could do that in the NBA though. You think he could?
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

  17. #57
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    4,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I was talking about Asik.

    I'm not sure JV could do that in the NBA though. You think he could?
    His been compared to Pau Gasol since his early teens.

  18. #58
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    His been compared to Pau Gasol since his early teens.
    Has he? He's been compared to all kinds of guys. He's been one of the top big prospects in the world since he was 15-16. Nothing I saw from JV last year suggests the ability to play the PF full time in the NBA. Everythign I saw suggested he could be a dominant C though. Don't force a guy out of position.

  19. #59
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    8,867
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I was talking about Asik.

    I'm not sure JV could do that in the NBA though. You think he could?
    I would say with Asik, much like JV, he can maybe play PF in spurts. THey're both active so they won't kill you on team D. But individually, both will struggle badly against a fair amount of NBA PFs. Far from an optimal pairing. And again, one that even if it happened, I can't see being a long-term plan, and would probably expect Asik to be flipped again before his deal is up.

  20. #60
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    5,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lets not please confuse JV? Development...do it right. He is one of the best assets to come our way...lets not screw with him, thanks. The next year will hopefully confirm that he needs to be built around (as a centre).

    RE Asik (which provides a Camby moment)...the Rockets say he isnt going anywhere. McHale wants him around and is talking about coming up with a "spacing" plan to play DH & Asik together. Whatever...we dont know if it'll work even if Asik agrees. Yes, and diva DH will have to agree too!
    Last edited by Bendit; Sun Jul 7th, 2013 at 07:50 PM.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •