Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The only way I see Billups coming here is if we throw an absurd amount of money his way. BC might have done it, but no Ujiri. New York is showing interest in Billups to fill in the role which Kidd left behind. If you were Chauncey and both teams were offering more or less the same money whom would you sign with?

Ujiri will not over pay anyone to play here this season.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    The only way I see Billups coming here is if we throw an absurd amount of money his way. BC might have done it, but no Ujiri. New York is showing interest in Billups to fill in the role which Kidd left behind. If you were Chauncey and both teams were offering more or less the same money whom would you sign with?

Ujiri will not over pay anyone to play here this season.
    Who says he has to throw a butt load of money at him? Chauncey made 3 million last year and has recently injured his achilles. He could easily command more than the minimum, but I said this when free agency started...if he was a hot target expecting an MLE type offer (give or take), he'd probably already be off the market.

And, again, role matters big time. Does he really have a role waiting for him in NY? They have Smith, Shumpert, Felton and Prigioni already signed in the backcourt. I doubt he wants to risk a situation where he doesn't play much at all. Again, he doesn't need to go ring-chasing as a cheerleader. He wants to play. PLAY. There is no role security in NY. And they can only offer the minimum. NY has also been linked to Telfair, Brooks...and someone else. They're hardly courting Billups alone, and they're not making him a very attractive offer.

And seriously, I don't know if there's a "pretender" more obvious than the Knicks. These guys ain't winning shit. If Billups wants to play for a winner, it's MIA, SAS, OKC, LAC, CHI, IND, MEM, GSW, HOU.....I think all those teams have a better shot at a ring than NY. NY could easily collapse at any moment, between age and clashing personalities. Many of those teams have 2 PGs set though. Not a lot of opportunities, and certainly not a lot of money.

Billups wants to play, and he doesn't want to play for a minimum. If the Raps can offer the bi-annual, or amnesty Kleiza and offer the leftovers of the MLE, it might be enough to at least get a discussion going on whether he wants to join the Raps, especially since they can offer him a legit role.

Post Thanks / Like

FUCK Billups just signed with Detroit....

So clearly he went with sentiment, because he chose a team that can easily be worse than Toronto (though I'm not suggesting we were ever necessarily a real option), and he only took 2 years/5 million, which is exactly the kind of number I hoped to sign him at. FUCK!

Post Thanks / Like

Billups seems to be signing with Detroit....2 years/5 million....

Fuck.

Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if Mo Williams will reconsider being a backup...and taking shit money.

And I think now AJ Price moves near the top of my list, if not the top.

Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I wonder if Mo Williams will reconsider being a backup...and taking shit money.

And I think now AJ Price moves near the top of my list, if not the top.
    How about Andre Miller? Need to get him via trade though, but I believe I heard rumours that Denver was willing to trade him out at one point. Miller makes $5M this year, but only has $2M guaranteed for next season.

Camby (or Kleiza) for Miller?

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Nate Robinson is still available I beleive.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Billups seems to be signing with Detroit....2 years/5 million....

Fuck.
    Do you really think there's a chance we see Billups play for the Raps next season?? come on.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I think it hinges on the direction MU wants to go heading into the season. If they are satisfied with Stone as the backup, then it makes sense to go after a young player as the 3rd string PG. In that scenario, I wouldn't be suprised if Kabongo was at least up for consideration.
    Myck has exactly 2 points and 4 assists, 3 turnovers so far in three games in Orlando so his stock could not be lower when it counts the most. He should go back to school at a Canadian university and get a degree.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote stretch wrote: View Post
    Myck has exactly 2 points and 4 assists, 3 turnovers so far in three games in Orlando so his stock could not be lower when it counts the most. He should go back to school at a Canadian university and get a degree.
    Yeah. I hate watching it. Might it be that Ujiri knew more than me and many others? lol
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

fuck billups just signed with detroit....

So clearly he went with sentiment, because he chose a team that can easily be worse than toronto (though i'm not suggesting we were ever necessarily a real option), and he only took 2 years/5 million, which is exactly the kind of number i hoped to sign him at. Fuck!
    fuckkkkk!!!!!!!!
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Post Thanks / Like

Because Billups was really the key piece to leading us to a championship........
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

13. Like Sam17 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

FUCK Billups just signed with Detroit....

So clearly he went with sentiment, because he chose a team that can easily be worse than Toronto (though I'm not suggesting we were ever necessarily a real option), and he only took 2 years/5 million, which is exactly the kind of number I hoped to sign him at. FUCK!
    Billups would have brought veteran leadership, grit, experience, and obviously some talent - old - but talent to this team, plus the fact him backing up Lowry would be awesome.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Because Billups was really the key piece to leading us to a championship........
    Look....this team has no vets. Nobody like a Willis or Oak, or Curry or Muggsy. They really need somebody to bring that experience and approach, someone who knows what it takes to win. And on top of that, someone who had a hard time finding his place in the league. There's no negative to having a guy like that with a roster that's otherwise set, and pretty young.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya, sure. But, it's still not a big deal..
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Ya, sure. But, it's still not a big deal..
    No...it's just a bit extra frustrating because of how crappy the PG market is.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I think Billups would have made a fantastic locker room presence. But no sense crying over it since now we have the opportunity to sign Uzoh instead! :P

In related news, I really have no idea what Dumars is doing. Every time he has cap space, he squanders it so quickly. How does he still have a job?

Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Look....this team has no vets. Nobody like a Willis or Oak, or Curry or Muggsy. They really need somebody to bring that experience and approach, someone who knows what it takes to win. And on top of that, someone who had a hard time finding his place in the league. There's no negative to having a guy like that with a roster that's otherwise set, and pretty young.
    hey what about Q Rich, Novak and... nevermind lol
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Udrih

He is no Billups but he is also no JL3.
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Udrih

He is no Billups but he is also no JL3.
    His D is also pretty bad. I mean, he can shoot, and he's a decent PG. But yeah, he's an acceptable option mostly because better fits are not there.

Thread Information