View Poll Results: Who your least liked former Raptors star

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Damon Stoudamire

    0 0%
  • Tracy McGrady

    3 9.09%
  • Vince Carter

    13 39.39%
  • Chris Bosh

    9 27.27%
  • Forgive and forget

    8 24.24%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Most Despised Former Raptors Star?

  1. #1
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Most Despised Former Raptors Star?

    We've hit a dull patch. Let's talk about something that stings:

    Damon, Tracy, Vince or Chris... Which player do you resent if either?

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think Bosh's exit hurt more than Vince's...but at the end of the day, there's a reason Vince gets booed more.

  3. #3
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah, Chris learned from the Vince saga and opted to knife us in the back instead.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I always thought that Tracy leaving hurt the franchise the most. He definitely should not/is not the most despised player (that will always be vince), but T-Mac and Carter could have been something really special.

    If he had not opted out, I dont know if the Raptors even need 7 games to take off the Sixers. I know "ifs" never make for legitimate arguments, I am just trying to look at the question a little differently.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    If he had not opted out, I dont know if the Raptors even need 7 games to take off the Sixers. I know "ifs" never make for legitimate arguments, I am just trying to look at the question a little differently.
    If McGrady had stayed, that Toronto team would have went to a Finals. No question in my mind.

    Carter is still the worst. The way he left. The way he gave up on the city, the fans and his team. I'm long past caring about it but you can't wash away entirely what he did to the organization (not that the Raps were blameless).

    At some point, the Raps will be good and maybe even win a title or have at least have a great player retire. At that point, VC will be rehabilitated here. But not before.

  6. Like Axel liked this post
  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Rookie Garbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    162
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I voted McGrady.

    I obviously hate the way that Carter and Bosh left town, but I can at least understand their reasoning.. Bosh especially.

    But T Mac.. He could see the potential, and he chose to rob the city of a title so that he could be the top dog somewhere. His pride cost us a title.

    Someday I'll clap for Vince and Bosh because of what they did while they were here, but I'll never be able to respect McGrady.

  8. #7
    Super Moderator thead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    3,163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I question Apollo's motives for posting this.

    It's like reminding someone of how they were a loser in high school and got the shit beat out of them everyday....

    It's been years...WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME RE-LIVE THIS!

  9. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I always thought that Vince and T Mac look back on those days and say why on Earth didnt we stay? so foolish had a good chance of being a finals team for a good couple of years imo.

    Since leaving Toronto they havent really done anything just role players basically at least TMac is Spurs lead cheerleader now about to get a championship.

  10. #9
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,390
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    He didn't play a single minute with the Raps, but I think I hate Alonzo Mourning most of all.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  11. Like Axel, wallz, Red and White liked this post
  12. #10
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    I always thought that Tracy leaving hurt the franchise the most. He definitely should not/is not the most despised player (that will always be vince), but T-Mac and Carter could have been something really special.

    If he had not opted out, I dont know if the Raptors even need 7 games to take off the Sixers. I know "ifs" never make for legitimate arguments, I am just trying to look at the question a little differently.
    Had he not left they surely would have axed Iverson and eventually went on to challenge showtime in the finals. Antonio would have had his hands full with the big Diesel though..

    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I question Apollo's motives for posting this.

    It's like reminding someone of how they were a loser in high school and got the shit beat out of them everyday....

    It's been years...WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME RE-LIVE THIS!
    I'm cruel. It's Friday and I want to ruin your entire weekend. I thought this was an obvious conclusion.

    Quote Nilanka wrote: View Post
    He didn't play a single minute with the Raps, but I think I hate Alonzo Mourning most of all.
    Hate Babcock. Zo made it clear he only was willing to play for a contender. It was out there before the trade happened but Babcock called his bluff and that's a bad idea when you're messing with a straight shooter.

    I think the Zo thing is no worse than John Salmons: What hope do we as Raptors fans have if God is against us?

  13. #11
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No one is voting for Mighty Mouse so I think we've established that it takes a player a full 16 years to be forgiven by Toronto fans. That means Vince Carter will safely be able to walk down Young St. in the year 2021.

  14. #12
    Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    T.O.
    Posts
    1,411
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Had he not left they surely would have axed Iverson and eventually went on to challenge showtime in the finals. Antonio would have had his hands full with the big Diesel though..
    Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    If McGrady had stayed, that Toronto team would have went to a Finals. No question in my mind.
    And that is only taking into consideration the year after T-Mac left. This team could have been good for a long time, and ultimately that was taken away when Mcgrady left.

  15. #13
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Yeah but instead he teamed up with Grant Hill to watch the Orlando Magic play... and make a disgustingly large sum of money in the process.

  16. #14
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    268
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I'm not yet in Canada when the Mighty Mouse, Tmac and Vince left.

    I voted Bosh coz I really hate how he sat the entire season after the all-star break while the team was in the middle of a playoff race (Raps were actually among the middle teams in the east!). He also said bad things about toronto saying it was different, commented about cable tv, etc. And how he's so cocky now saying he's a first ballot HOF, and the way he "roars" whenever he makes some basketball play. Even though he wasn't a star or as big as VC, he could have at least acted with class.

    When damon, tmac, and vince left, there was some vindication for us raptor fans. Look how their careers turned out to be. damon was never the same in portland and was part of the jailblazers. tmac, well i would understand why he left as he wanted to be his own man and as seen in some interviews on OTR with Oak and VC, you could see that he truly regrets leaving Toronto esp when Landsberg mentioned that Kobe said that VC and Tmac could have won championships (he's getting his ring this year as a benchwarmer, lol). He couldn't lead his team out of the first round, and injuries hampered his career. I just hate VC coz he just performs so well when he plays the raps and beats us many times. I would blame the management more on that. He wasted his prime on a mediocre nets team.

    I think Alonzo mourning should be on the list, coz he was part of the package that we're supposed to get for VC, and he didn't want to come here. That's just very unprofessional.

  17. #15
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...tle-contender/ How about digging up old close wounds?

  18. #16
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Garbo wrote: View Post
    I voted McGrady.

    I obviously hate the way that Carter and Bosh left town, but I can at least understand their reasoning.. Bosh especially.

    But T Mac.. He could see the potential, and he chose to rob the city of a title so that he could be the top dog somewhere. His pride cost us a title.

    Someday I'll clap for Vince and Bosh because of what they did while they were here, but I'll never be able to respect McGrady.
    preach!

  19. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    319
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I get that people were mad at Vince in 2004, but seriously hasn't it been long enough ?

    I just dont get how people can forget what Vince did for this franchise. Mighty Mouse was great but we were gonna follow the raptors anyways because they were new. Vince made cheering for a bad team enjoyable. Vince raised the popularity of the raptors INTERNATIONALLY. Now i swear non-canadian media go out of their way not to mention the raptors EVER. They'll talk about any other lottery team a little, but forget the raptors.

    If you were a raptor fan back then, you can't tell me Vince didn't make you proud to be Fan. You can't tell me you weren't glued to your TV scared to go pee, because you might miss something Half-man Half Amazing. You can't tell me you forgot where you were when you saw the slam dunk contest, you can't tell me you forgot everyone trying to mimick him at the park the next day. You can't tell me you forgot how you jumped out your chair when he Dunked over, and i do mean OVER a 7 footer in game during the Olympics. I remember buying my Vince Carter poster and putting it right next to Shawn Kemp and Karl Malone.

    That Loyal Fan Base that kept BC in office for 7 years because the money never stopped coming, Vince built it, not BC, not Bosh, not Bargnani, Vince. I have no doubt in my mind without Vince there is a strong possibility we'd be the Memphis raptors.

    And for the record, the day before he got traded, he went to Babcock and apologized saying he wanted to make it work, and genius thought the best thing to do was trade him for a bag of chips the next day.
    And that interview when he said he wasn't trying, he was saying his talent and athleticism carried him in the beginning, he didn't have to start working hard until he started to get injured. Never was it mentioned he stopped trying because he wanted out of Toronto, its the Media's job to twist words just to get peoples attention, just look at all the misleading headlines over at ESPN that keep changing every 2 hours untill they find one that gets them a lot of views.

    Yeah it sucks how he left, but does that 1 bad memory really overshadow all the good ones.

  20. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,584
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Garbo wrote: View Post
    I voted McGrady.

    I obviously hate the way that Carter and Bosh left town, but I can at least understand their reasoning.. Bosh especially.

    But T Mac.. He could see the potential, and he chose to rob the city of a title so that he could be the top dog somewhere. His pride cost us a title.

    Someday I'll clap for Vince and Bosh because of what they did while they were here, but I'll never be able to respect McGrady.
    Wolstat interviewed McGrady today:




    Easy for him to say this now, just looking back on it. But it still makes his departure that more confusing.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  21. #19
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,068
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    McGrady & VC together would have continued to develop into one HELL of a team.

  22. #20
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,302
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Wolstat interviewed McGrady today:




    Easy for him to say this now, just looking back on it. But it still makes his departure that more confusing.
    He said the same thing during his OTR interview a few years back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •