Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...yer-comparison

Ouch. Two Raptors players in the Top Ten.

What do you think is/are the worst mistake/s the Raptors ever made, from management down to the players?

My top would be hiring Colangelo.
    Next would probably be drafting Araujo
    and third is not trading Bosh a season earlier.
    to say "hiring Colengelo" is a mistake let alone a top three mistake is stupid as fuck..

The guy brang the most successful period post-VC and the second most in franchise history. Was it short-lived? There's a case that can be made for that..There's alos a case that can be made for not firing him earlier. But, to call hiring him a mistake is a mistake.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
      Disagree with this.

As white men can't jump stated, we couldn't invest in McGrady's potential because we had already invested in Vince. I would've done the exact same thing looking back on their situation.

Face it, there was no way Grunwald was letting Vince go over McGrady. Vince was a crowd pleaser...he helped skyrocket attendance numbers, and he inspired a whole band of youth across North America to start playing basketball. Now which team wouldn't want to have that?
      I agree with the bold, but that's about all Vince did for our organization (one playoff series win doesn't really matter).

Vince broke the hearts of many young Raptor fans (myself included) when he declared "dunking is overrated" and gave up on the team. Mcgrady left on much more respectable terms.

I won't blame the team though for investing in Vince and not T-Mac because at the time Vince's career looked much more promising, most other teams would have done the same thing.

All I'm trying to get at is if I had the choice between Vince in his prime or T-Mac in his prime I would choose T-Mac.
      You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

That last statement is completely debatable but T-Mac is my choice.
        You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
          I agree with the bold, but that's about all Vince did for our organization (one playoff series win doesn't really matter).

Vince broke the hearts of many young Raptor fans (myself included) when he declared "dunking is overrated" and gave up on the team. Mcgrady left on much more respectable terms.

I won't blame the team though for investing in Vince and not T-Mac because at the time Vince's career looked much more promising, most other teams would have done the same thing.

All I'm trying to get at is if I had the choice between Vince in his prime or T-Mac in his prime I would choose T-Mac.
          I also agree that's all he did, but in the end he raked in a ton of money for MLSE. That's all they seemed to care about until recently when Leiweke joined.
          Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Rafer Alston: 5yrs, $25M.

Then Sam Mitchell "power bombed" him in the dressing room and he left the arena at half time in tears.

Oh, and he verbally contemplated retirement with the camera on him because the pressure was too much.
            "Skip to my lou"... at the least I can say he got on the floor with regularity. Yogi was just stuck on the bench counting his stacks the whole time. Rafer should never have been signed to that kind of contract but to his credit he actually played pretty well at times. Like most street ball players that made it to the NBA though he was just too undisciplined.

Comment

Working...
            X