Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 39

Thread: Jerry Colangelo doesn't hold a grudge! DeRozan selected to USA mini-camp

  1. #1
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Jerry Colangelo doesn't hold a grudge! DeRozan selected to USA mini-camp

    SAN ANTONIO -- San Antonio's Kawhi Leonard, enjoying a strong NBA Finals, is one of 27 young players scheduled to attend USA Basketball's minicamp in July.

    Cleveland All-Star Kyrie Irving and Portland's Damian Lillard, who succeeded him as Rookie of the Year, were also among the players announced Wednesday. Indiana's Paul George and Jrue Holiday of Philadelphia were the other All-Stars to earn an invitation.

    The players will train from July 22-25 in Las Vegas, capped by an intrasquad exhibition game on July 25 at the Thomas & Mack Center.

    They'll be coached by Mike Krzyzewski and his assistants Jim Boeheim, Monty Williams and Tom Thibodeau.

    Also chosen Wednesday: Mike Conley (Memphis), Anthony Davis and Ryan Anderson (New Orleans Pelicans); Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried (Denver); Harrison Barnes and Klay Thompson (Golden State); John Wall and Bradley Beal (Washington); DeMarcus Cousins (Sacramento); DeMar DeRozan (Toronto); Greg Monroe and Andre Drummond (Detroit); Derrick Favors and Gordon Hayward (Utah); Taj Gibson (Chicago); DeAndre Jordan (Los Angeles Clippers); Chandler Parsons (Houston); Larry Sanders (Milwaukee); Dion Waiters and Tyler Zeller (Cleveland); and Kemba Walker (Charlotte).

    http://espn.go.com/olympics/basketba...et-us-minicamp
    Congrats, DeMar.

    Make 3's and play D all camp!
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  2. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
  3. #2
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,098
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Good for him. He certainly deserves to be included in that group.

  4. #3

  5. #4
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    LOL I'm not sure why he would hold a grudge against DeMar.

    Here's hoping he plays really well and his value gets a boost.

  6. #5
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No Steph Curry?

    Anyways, yeah, DeRozan is a pretty highly regarded player around the NBA for some reason. Kenny Smith spoke very highly of him on TNT after the Gay trade. Reggie Miller and Kevin Harlan were also pretty high on DeMar during the Hawks/Raptors game on TNT. Gary Payton is also a big fan of DeMar.

    I don't know what it is about DeMar. But really hopes this experience makes him a better player.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  7. #6
    Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Posts
    3,863
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    No Steph Curry?

    Anyways, yeah, DeRozan is a pretty highly regarded player around the NBA for some reason. Kenny Smith spoke very highly of him on TNT after the Gay trade. Reggie Miller and Kevin Harlan were also pretty high on DeMar during the Hawks/Raptors game on TNT. Gary Payton is also a big fan of DeMar.

    I don't know what it is about DeMar. But really hopes this experience makes him a better player.
    To think his own fan base is where he gets the most hate. Didn't he lead the that mini camp last year in scoring too?

  8. #7
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Oakville
    Posts
    3,560
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    To think his own fan base is where he gets the most hate. Didn't he lead the that mini camp last year in scoring too?
    Agree with this 1,000,000%. Other teams would kill to have DeMar.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

  9. Like Rapstor4Life liked this post
  10. #8
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    3,063
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post
    Agree with this 1,000,000%. Other teams would kill to have DeMar.
    Truth, Raps fans dont know how much better he is than other SGs that can only catch and shoot... lol amyways Congrats DeRozan!

  11. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,318
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This is the most love Derozan has gotten in one thread ever lol This is great news

  12. #10
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    724
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    LOL I'm not sure why he would hold a grudge against DeMar.

    Here's hoping he plays really well and his value gets a boost.
    He is trying to help his son out by making the DD signing look like a great one. Select him to the US team tryout and boost his value. What a dad.

  13. Like footarez liked this post
  14. #11
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,308
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just a helpful reminder who the NBA thinks is the Raps best young player. Plays the most minutes, the most games, and deserves this.

  15. #12
    Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Jurassic Park
    Posts
    2,936
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    DeRozan needs to take his game to the next level next season. He's still very young(just turned 24) but next season will be his 5th year in the NBA already. Usually you can have an idea what type of player a player would be in the NBA during their 3rd or 4th year. Right now, i still don't know what type of player DeMar is.

    Main thing DeMar needs to improve is his shooting range + ball skills + needs to be more consistent.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

  16. #13
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It is great DeMar is chosen but I would not get too excited. He was chosen last summer when the Select team were the competition for Senior Men's USA team leading up to the Olympics.

    http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/...s-select-team/
    "Championships are what we live for, now lets go win them."
    Tim Leiweke

    Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

  17. #14
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    5,975
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nooooooo! What about the Drew League?!?!?!?
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

  18. #15
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
    He is trying to help his son out by making the DD signing look like a great one. Select him to the US team tryout and boost his value. What a dad.
    Well Bryan better send the man something more than a damn card this Sunday.

  19. #16
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,957
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nice accolade that selection.

    But a more interesting exercise in value determinance would be to compare DD to the rest of the peers chosen (the list in the op) and place him in an hierarchical order of "value".....or who would you trade him for on that list (multiples incl.) of course taking into consideration the other trader's willingness.

    My own perception of his value within that list places him about sixth from bottom...above Hayward, Walker, Waiters, Zeller, Gibson (in no particular order).

  20. #17
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It's good for him. Sharpen iron with iron.

    I'm honestly not expecting him to come back a better 3 point shooter and defender but it's better than playing in the drew league.
    @jerboat

  21. #18
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,036
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Nice accolade that selection.

    But a more interesting exercise in value determinance would be to compare DD to the rest of the peers chosen (the list in the op) and place him in an hierarchical order of "value".....or who would you trade him for on that list (multiples incl.) of course taking into consideration the other trader's willingness.

    My own perception of his value within that list places him about sixth from bottom...above Hayward, Walker, Waiters, Zeller, Gibson (in no particular order).
    You kidding me?

    Demar is easily more valued than these players:
    Barnes, Beal, Drummond, Favors, Hayward, Gibson, Jordan, Waiters, Zeller, Walker

    Putting him in the top 12

    Demar is arguably more valued than these players:
    Conley, Parsons, Sanders

    Putting him in the top 9.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  22. #19
    Raptors Republic Veteran NoPropsneeded's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    5,740
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i wouldn't say Favors. Dude has mad potential
    "You never heard of DeMar just google him, the defense don't know what to do wit him"

  23. #20
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,711
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    You kidding me?

    Demar is easily more valued than these players:
    Barnes, Beal, Drummond, Favors, Hayward, Gibson, Jordan, Waiters, Zeller, Walker

    Putting him in the top 12

    Demar is arguably more valued than these players:
    Conley, Parsons, Sanders

    Putting him in the top 9.
    :/
    @jerboat

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •