Nuggets Exodus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nuggets Exodus

The Sacramento Kings have reached an agreement in principle to make Denver VP Pete D'Alessandro its general manager, league sources tell Y!
    Source: Yahoo Sports

Let's wait for the crazy trades from Nuggets side. Who doesn't want Wiggins?

Comment

All I'm picturing right now is Protia de Rossi saying...

Denver's having a fire sale!?!?!?!?
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

rocwell wrote: View Post
        Let's wait for the crazy trades from Nuggets side. Who doesn't want Wiggins?
        Denver is simply turning over front office staff. The Nuggets are very close to the top tier of the league with their current roster even minus Igoudala. I do not follow that they will somehow be in the Wiggins sweepstakes a year from now.

Comment

They are where they are because of the guys they\re letting walk. We as Raptors fans should be able to appreciate the importance of a strong front office.

There is nothing simple about what they now must overcome.

Comment

Overcome? I still don't get it. Stan Kroenke will hire suits to fill the office void. He nailed it on the cheap before, he'll do it again.

Comment

Right, because it's easy to do that?

Did you see them play in the 90's? Had they not drafted Melo and instead drafted Darko(as in, had the Piston not completely dropped the ball by passing on Melo) one could argue that they would have been a pathetic team most of the last decade.

Good management is hard to find and that's why you see the usual suspects again and again in the lottery; "building" and then "re-building".

Comment

The Nuggets' are at the light at the end of the tunnel right now. No need to build or rebuild. Tweek , perhaps. I understand Kroenke's philosophy. Why pay 3 million per for a perceived reputation when the next Ujiri is waiting in the wings.

Comment

They actually do need to keep building. That was a good team last year but it is isn't good enough.

Whoever they bring in next, they could be horrible for all you know, that's the point. If it was easy finding guys like Ujiri then you would have 30 shrewd, well run teams.

Comment

Iguodala also opted out - arguably their best player. Man, Nuggets fans are having a hard off-season. Not sure how this team bounces back.

I've heard the Nuggets are in talks for Lionel Hollins, otherwise, this team is nothing but a treadmill team in the playoffs. Not bad enough to miss the playoffs, or good enough to win a championship - maybe not good enough to get past the 1st round.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Exodus

Nuggets director of player personnel, Mike Bratz, and scouting director, Dan Tolzman, are both leaving the organization. Tolzman will join former Nuggets executive vice president of basketball operations, Masai Ujiri, in Toronto.
                      Source: Denver Post

They're seeing the front office changes of a rebuild. It doesn't get much worse for a team coming off a great season and looking to build on that. The new guys will have a huge amount of pressure to deliver immediately.

Comment

The worst moves of the summer

Was it really just three months ago the Nuggets were the Western Conference's hottest team? Starting with a first-round upset at the hands of the Golden State Warriors, it has all been downhill in the Mile High City since the end of the regular season.

Denver lost Executive of the Year Masai Ujiri to Toronto then fired Coach of the Year George Karl. Ace defender Andre Iguodala followed them out the door, signing with Golden State in what became a sign-and-trade deal.

So far, the Nuggets have replaced Iguodala, Corey Brewer and Kosta Koufos with Randy Foye, J.J. Hickson and Darrell Arthur. That's the biggest downgrade of any team that isn't rebuilding.
                        Source: ESPN.com

Comment

Working...
                        X