Choosing All-Stars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choosing All-Stars

I can't help but notice the placement of Durant, Roy and other young players in recent MVP prediction lists. Can players really be ranked like this? I think that a lot of it has to do with situation and whatever system the player is in. Steve Nash thrives in the Sun's Run-n-Gun system, David Lee does under D'Antoni. Durant thrives in his current system, especially because he's been given so much freedom to operate. If a player like LeBron was given a coach that would teach a system in which he could thrive even more, or conversely fall lower on the chart, how much would that reflect the actual player?

One thought I had when I read this was LeBron James will thrive in any system to place him in. It doesn't matter about the coach, teammates, etc. He's still going to get his and make everyone around him "better". Put him on the Kings and we will still be discussing him when MVP conversations come up.

No doubt some players have more focused skills and play better in certain systems. Nash was a good example but let's not forget that he was an All-Star long before his days as a Sun.
    Last edited by Apollo; Tue Feb 16, 2010, 09:14 AM.

Comment

He was basically playing the same style with the Mavs under Nellie though, just saying.

Comment

They get out and run a lot more.

Comment

Working...
        X