Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T-Shirt Jerseys

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...sleeve-jerseys

I didn't even know the Warriors had them this season. But next year they're gonna have 5 teams wearing them. I don't think they'd be too comfortable with all the sweating basketball players do. They must be up to par if more teams are gonna use them, and I kinda hope to see the Raps as one of the teams sporting them. If you remember back in the late 90's when the Raptors changed from the dino jerseys, they were one of a handful of teams that made the switch to the newer style, along with the Heat, Lakers and possibly the Pistons from what I recall.

Here's what GS used this season:

The market for an official NBA t shirt has potential. T shirts are universally worn off the court while the traditional basketball shirt, not so much. The Golden State ensemble that Curry is wearing would match better with the shorts if they would lose the pin stripes.

Comment

they kinda look like soccer jerseys. raps should def jump aboard.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        The market for an official NBA t shirt has potential. T shirts are universally worn off the court while the traditional basketball shirt, not so much. The Golden State ensemble that Curry is wearing would match better with the shorts if they would lose the pin stripes.
        Yeah, I feel like this is the main motivation behind it.

I assume the quality of these shirts is pretty high, but I've never played in a t-shirt that felt as good as a sleeveless shirt. I really wonder what players think of it.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
          Yeah, I feel like this is the main motivation behind it.

I assume the quality of these shirts is pretty high, but I've never played in a t-shirt that felt as good as a sleeveless shirt. I really wonder what players think of it.
          The responses were that you actually don't feel them while playing. Some kind of special technology. So I assume they were positive on this.
          Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
            The responses were that you actually don't feel them while playing. Some kind of special technology. So I assume they were positive on this.
            Hmm....I mean I'd have to feel it (or not) to believe it.

And special technology? Teflon? Is it a health risk?

Comment

its a matter of preference. younger guys seem to prefer the shirts, you see the undershirts in ncaa all the time.

Comment

The guys at Adidas have come out and said it was solely for marketing purposes; there's a whole market of T-Shirt wearers that they are missing out on.

I don't see any advantage to the players, and I'm not sure there actually is one.

Comment

T shirt jerseys are very old school. Check out Elgin Baylor, circa the late 1950s.

Comment

Working...
                  X