Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Grizzled Vets and Young Tough Guys!

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Vykis wrote: View Post
    Why would you want a taller version of JLIII? Are you a mormon?
    Let's compare the two:
    Jimmer - 24 yrs, JL3 - 30 yrs
    TS% - Jimmer .546, JL3 .483
    PER - Jimmer 14.6, JL3 12.8
    eFG% - Jimmer .500, JL3 .472

They averaged the same # of shots per game, but Jimmer shot .421, while JL3 just .386.

So how exactly are they the same?

Raptors Republic Starter RAPresenting's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    hmmm corey brewer hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Under rated and under valued he would be a great signing. With lots of money tied up this could be a could way to strengthen the wings.

He would be ideal as a 4th wing if Demar, Ross or Fields were moved. (Rudy isn't going anywhere this year)

3. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Stephen Jackson? for 3-D off the bench? I like the idea of having Brandon Bass on the squad. Just put Acy under tough hes a tough guy remember when we played in Memphis and playing above what anyone thought he was capable of against Boozer? Acy is legitimate tough guy.

5. Like Axel liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Stephen Jackson? for 3-D off the bench? I like the idea of having Brandon Bass on the squad. Just put Acy under tough hes a tough guy remember when we played in Memphis and playing above what anyone thought he was capable of against Boozer? Acy is legitimate tough guy.
    I don't want any toxic locker room guys

Post Thanks / Like

I think the perfect 3-D guy would be Brandon Rush if he's healed up properly.

I think several people also mentioned Dorrell Wright? I'd be all over that.

In terms of more gritty, low post guys, I'd LOVE to see Kosta Koufos on the Roster.
    "I just dunked. Got a little dunk. Thatís nice." Terrence Ross

Post Thanks / Like

What about Ekpe Udoh? The bucs are stacked at bigs with potential, especially with Sanders having a breakout season.

He'd be a fantastic #3 big.
    @jerboat

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    What about Ekpe Udoh? The bucs are stacked at bigs with potential, especially with Sanders having a breakout season.

He'd be a fantastic #3 big.
    There's nothing about Udoh's game that's "hard to find" though.. I guess you could point to his shot blocking, but again.. at that level, its replaceable by 100 other guys in the league given the minutes.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Raja Bell
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Luc Mbah-Moute
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I was thinking about Jackson the other day and looked up his stats. Interesting guy. Can guard the 2 and 3. Was surprised that he doesn't rate well guarding the 4. Tough as nails.
    But....
    Quote thead wrote: View Post
    I don't want any toxic locker room guys
    Sort of true. And with a squad that lacks a strong leader I'm sort of wavering on the idea of having him around. On a team that has a strong leadership he is definitely an asset. Definitely someone who you can't have around if he doesn't get guaranteed minutes. But he would toughen the rotation up, and make practice intense.

He'll be available, so the question becomes are you willing to gamble on his intensity and the potential improvement that brings to a team versus ALL the negatives (like taking teammates to strip clubs in the wrong part of town and needing to pull out a licensed handgun to protect them and then getting run over by a car trying to protect his teammates...).

Dude IS a loyal teammate though. Calling him toxic doesn't quite fit. There's a lot of negative, he will do a lot of stupid stuff to protect a teammate (like run into the stands to protect Ron Artest). What word fits beats me. I just think it's a deeper scenario than a straight refusal. Personally, I'd rather have that kind of enigma over the type the Raptors presently have.

Post Thanks / Like

Stephen Jackson is not a toxic locker room guy treats his teammates like Gold, He is a lot like KG great to play with but playing against him makes you hate him, His shooting hasnt fallen off at all can guard multiple positions and is a leader. Hes intense and Id love having him in a Raptor jersey come in right off the bench instead of Alan Anderson and just drain spot up shots for Toronto and play great intense Defense.

He would bring a lot to our wings hell even Gay not to mention Jackson is a champion and Raps are talking about casing championships. Only knock on him is that hes 35 now...

Post Thanks / Like

netting Captain Jack would be great for Toronto not afraid of big shots. Gets into players heads. I cant endorse this enough.

Post Thanks / Like

Trevor Booker or Chris Singleton
    #BringBackUzoh

Raptors Republic Rookie knowledgep's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thabo Sefolosha
    Metta WP

Post Thanks / Like

Larry Sanders? I always forget about this guy. I'd go with Dorell Wright though since the subject is on 3 and D guys.
    Last edited by Mr.Z; Fri Jun 21st, 2013 at 11:16 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Larry Sanders? I always forget about this guy. I'd go with Dorell Wright though since the subject is on 3 and D guys.
    Larry Sanders would be borderline untouchable for the Bucks if they were smart.

19. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With S-Jax, I don't think it's a problem of being toxic, it's a problem with ego.

He is like Iverson when AI was fading. He refuses to accept a lesser role than what HE thinks he's capable of filling, so he's never really on the same page as his coach, even if tension isn't that high.

I wouldn't want him. Not worth the roster spot. Get a guy who accepts his role...D Wright, C Brewer, R Brewer...gotta be lots of solid defensive players, and Jackson is not the same offensive player he used to be.

*obviously he's even not nearly as toxic as AI...Just can't think of a better example of someone refusing to accept their own declining abilities.

21. Like isaacthompson liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a similar impression of SJ...terrific player who sometimes takes too many shots (good when they are falling but doesnt know when to control) and of course pretty much consistently good on defense especially when the challenge is there end of game or big games. He is now good for half a season or so before he grates on the coach I think. He would have been good to have on the Spurs roster but Popovich cut him before the playoffs...he apparently did not agree with the pecking order!...on a champioship team!!

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"Young tough guy" would be DeMarcus Cousins. It's a shame he is crazy or he and JV could be a killer front court. The problem though is DeMarcus may quite literally kill someone at a given moment.

24. Like Axel, Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Psycho-T is a free agent. He'd be good off the bench. Not sure how JV would like that, but I wouldn't mind having him on the roster.

26. Like coastal liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information