No announcement yet.

Grizzled Vets and Young Tough Guys!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stephen Jackson is not a toxic locker room guy treats his teammates like Gold, He is a lot like KG great to play with but playing against him makes you hate him, His shooting hasnt fallen off at all can guard multiple positions and is a leader. Hes intense and Id love having him in a Raptor jersey come in right off the bench instead of Alan Anderson and just drain spot up shots for Toronto and play great intense Defense.

He would bring a lot to our wings hell even Gay not to mention Jackson is a champion and Raps are talking about casing championships. Only knock on him is that hes 35 now...

Comment

netting Captain Jack would be great for Toronto not afraid of big shots. Gets into players heads. I cant endorse this enough.

Comment

Trevor Booker or Chris Singleton
        #BringBackUzoh

Comment

Thabo Sefolosha
          Metta WP

Comment

Larry Sanders? I always forget about this guy. I'd go with Dorell Wright though since the subject is on 3 and D guys.
            Last edited by Mr.Z; Fri Jun 21, 2013, 11:16 PM.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
              Larry Sanders? I always forget about this guy. I'd go with Dorell Wright though since the subject is on 3 and D guys.
              Larry Sanders would be borderline untouchable for the Bucks if they were smart.

Comment

With S-Jax, I don't think it's a problem of being toxic, it's a problem with ego.

He is like Iverson when AI was fading. He refuses to accept a lesser role than what HE thinks he's capable of filling, so he's never really on the same page as his coach, even if tension isn't that high.

I wouldn't want him. Not worth the roster spot. Get a guy who accepts his role...D Wright, C Brewer, R Brewer...gotta be lots of solid defensive players, and Jackson is not the same offensive player he used to be.

*obviously he's even not nearly as toxic as AI...Just can't think of a better example of someone refusing to accept their own declining abilities.

Comment

I have a similar impression of SJ...terrific player who sometimes takes too many shots (good when they are falling but doesnt know when to control) and of course pretty much consistently good on defense especially when the challenge is there end of game or big games. He is now good for half a season or so before he grates on the coach I think. He would have been good to have on the Spurs roster but Popovich cut him before the playoffs...he apparently did not agree with the pecking order!...on a champioship team!!

Comment

"Young tough guy" would be DeMarcus Cousins. It's a shame he is crazy or he and JV could be a killer front court. The problem though is DeMarcus may quite literally kill someone at a given moment.

Comment

Psycho-T is a free agent. He'd be good off the bench. Not sure how JV would like that, but I wouldn't mind having him on the roster.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                        Let's compare the two:
                        Jimmer - 24 yrs, JL3 - 30 yrs
                        TS% - Jimmer .546, JL3 .483
                        PER - Jimmer 14.6, JL3 12.8
                        eFG% - Jimmer .500, JL3 .472

They averaged the same # of shots per game, but Jimmer shot .421, while JL3 just .386.

So how exactly are they the same?
                        Both are shooters that are horrible passers, bad defenders. Of course Fredette is younger and has more upside but strictly right now I don't see him making the Raps better

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                          Psycho-T is a free agent. He'd be good off the bench. Not sure how JV would like that, but I wouldn't mind having him on the roster.
                          Hmmm this is interesting actually ... he's pretty much exactly a Casey-type player I'd imagine ... one of those guys you hate to play against, but love to have on your team.
                          Last edited by Joey; Sat Jun 22, 2013, 05:11 PM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            Larry Sanders would be borderline untouchable for the Bucks if they were smart.
                            Key word "If" hahaha I know you're right though, it's just a pretty thought lol
                            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I'd love Hansbrough as 3rd big. You can't go wrong with unrelenting hustle.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

As someone stated before luc mbah buteh (I know I'm butchering his name) would be good if only his contract was cheaper

Comment

Working...
                                X