No announcement yet.

Nobody Shoot Me...BUT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

from an offensive standpoint, Bosh in Miami is predominantly a jump shooter. That seems to be the way they use him, basically a big man on the perimeter to stretch the D and give James and Wade room to operate. It's a role that suits him well because he is a good distance shooter, and has never been dominant rebounding or in the paint. Granted, his final year in TO he proved he can be an impressive low post player. I was so excited to see him beefed up, taking guys in the low block, and punishing them, not with turn around jump shots but with dunks as well. It gave him the full offensive package for a PF, he could face up and shoot or drive, back you down in the post, or if he was open he could receive the ball and knock down a jumper from just about anywhere. Of course, by the time the season was over he had lost most of that muscle mass and never regained it, which I assume, had something to do with his fat new contract, but perhaps more importantly, because the Heat didn't really need Bosh in the low post. They wanted him to stretch the floor, they wanted him to run the floor, and keep up with a tenacious defense and transition offense. This is why I don't understand why people complained about Bosh during the playoffs. It seemed to me he was doing the things he was supposed to do, especially offensively where his opportunites were basically limited to open jump shots after a drive and kick. Miami did not use Bosh in the traditional big man role, so why would anyone expect him to perform in that way. From a defensive standpoint, I think Bosh has come a long way since joining the Heat, and has even improved during the final 2 rounds of the playoffs. Although Miami's weaknesses in the paint were exposed by both the Pacers and Spurs, it was clear that Bosh and the Heat made adjustments and ultimately, Bosh did a great job of contesting shots in the paint and elsewhere, and even more importantly I think, he did a pretty good job in the final 6 quarters of denying Duncan the ball in the post. Denying that first pass to the post really upset the Spurs offense and left them reeling to get shots off late in clocks.

So, if it was even possible to get Bosh back, one would have to think long and hard about the type of player they would want...the Miami Bosh, or the Bosh from his final year as a Raptor. Personally, I can't see the Miami Bosh being a good fit in TO. We don't need any more distance shooters, although he is probably better than anyone we have now. We already have 2, no, make it 3, no make it 4...oh god make it too many distance shooters that are either a) too satisifed or lazy to do anything but shoot from distance b) can't do anything but shoot from distance or c) can't shoot from distance but does so anyway. Furthermore, we do not possess the Wade and James type players that pretty much break down any defence and find ways to drive the basket and get other guys open. It would be nice if DD and RG could fill that role, but lets face it, neither alone or together do they have that type of capability. Only OKC can really play that game.

So, if we were able to acquire Bosh again, I think it would be pointless unless he is going to add weight and get down in the post again. We could use that, and if he was in a more traditional big man role, I would expect him to get more rebounds which we could also use. However, I've really only seen Bosh dominate, or perhaps excel, at that role once, in his final year in TO, and I truly never expect to see it again in his career. He was good in previous years, but I really think he stepped it up another notch in his contract year. And this hiatus from the traditional big man role will follow him the rest of his career I believe.

So, unless we are going to play like Miami or OKC, or Bosh is going to revert to playing like a true big and beef up his skinny frame, than we should leave him where he is. In any event, we could probably get as much or more for alot less.

Comment

Mr.Z wrote: View Post
      I agree Danny Green was fouled. Bosh didn't look shocked though.

I'm pretty certain that would be a foul at another other moment of any game regardless of who is blocking the shot on either team.

I don't feel sorry for the Spurs though because they fucked the dog so hard on the last few possessions of the last two games. Miami deserved to win, they were clearly the better team.
      I agree with you. Why the Heck didn't they just foul Bosh when he got that rebound? Or makes no sense.

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
        I agree with you. Why the Heck didn't they just foul Bosh when he got that rebound? Or makes no sense.
        If we're really going to dig into this; you may notice that Bosh goes out of bounds and comes back in just in time to grab the ball.
        Seeing as he would need both feet on the floor before touching the ball for it to be fair, it could be argued that there was an out of bounds on the play as well.

Comment

There's too many issues now between Bosh and fans for it to work, but in theory it's a pretty obvious YES that if you could bring back Bosh, would you? He averaged 20+ and 10 for three of the seasons he was in Toronto, and 20+ and near 10 in 2 other years he was here. His role in Miami may have changed, but his skills haven't gone anywhere.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            Seems I didn't need to post...

Btw, did anyone already acknowledge that Bosh was pretty much right before game 6 when he said Green wouldn't be open? Cocky, but didn't the last threepoint attempt in that game by Green get blocked by Bosh?
            Bosh practically bull-dozed into green. Lucky, there was no call
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Would you trade Valanciunas for Bosh?

Just a reminder that Bosh leaving, and the deal we got from Miami, wasn't all bad: it included the first round pick that we used to draft JV.

(Not saying this to defend Colangelo or anything; it was the same pick we traded to Miami earlier for a half-season rental of Shawn Marion.)

Comment

I would never trade Valanciunas for Bosh. Never.

Comment

i dont even understand why its a question, why its an option, we have nothing to gain except a higher Tax bill.

Comment

We still would have had the 2011 pick even if the trade never took place. JV was a lottery protected pick anyway... so assuming the Raptors were still picking 5th if they had Bosh on the roster (or if they traded him to another team), JV would have still been a Raptor (hypothetically).

As for the question.. are you kidding? A PF making $17M a year who may not even be a top 10 player in the league... or an up and coming center that is making a rookie salary that has loads of potential? Hmm.. I think I'll go for the rookie center with loads of potential.

Comment

Having bosh as our franchise player got us where exactly?

Comment

No, you don't trade a 20 year-old big man with huge upside for a 29 year-old big man obviously heading into the downside of his career. Nevermind that it could never work under the cap and would absolutely cripple the Raptors financially.

JV is a legitimate post player at both ends. Something the Raptors desperately need, especially with their plethora of wings.
                        You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
                          Just a reminder that Bosh leaving, and the deal we got from Miami, wasn't all bad: it included the first round pick that we used to draft JV.

(Not saying this to defend Colangelo or anything; it was the same pick we traded to Miami earlier for a half-season rental of Shawn Marion.)
                          No it didn't.

It included the return of the lottery protected first round pick.

The return of the pick and the draft of Jonas are mutually exclusive. If the Raps got nothing in return for Bosh, the Raps still would have been able to draft Jonas.

In regards to that pick, what the Raps technically got back:

1) a pick that has yet to take place

and/or

2) the ability to trade a future pick (which was, technically again, used on Lowry)

Comment

Evia99 wrote: View Post
                            Having bosh as our franchise player got us where exactly?
                            A division title with no help whatsoever perhaps? & pretty much handed Mithcell the coach of the year trophy on a platter? Bosh is the best player in franchise history, as a main option he's one of the best players in the league on ANY team. Was he garbage in Miami? Of course. But it's kind of hard to put up the same amount of points playing in Miami when LBJ & Wade get the majority of the touches & your role is windled down to rebounding & taking 6 jump shots a game. Do I hate Bosh for leaving? YES Can I blame him? NO CHANCE. With the pieces BC brought in last season having Bosh in the lineup as the main option then having Gay scoring in transition with Lowry getting the ball up the floor quickly could be SCARY. If you want results now, this is an unbelievable option because Val is still 4-5 years to figuring out the NBA game. Especially with Boston looking to rebuild for the next few years.

Hate Bosh all you want folks, but in TO he was unbelievable. If he came back he would be the perfect fit. Do I see it happening, probably not. But anyone who says the team wouldn't be better for the next 5-7 years trading Bosh for Val needs to give their head a shake. The same clowns who say this are the same blind fans who complain when we start off 0-a million in a season and go ask why we can't win games. If you want to win games in the NBA their is only 1 way to do it, pay for them.

Just my 2 cents.

GeeGees12
                            Last edited by GeeGees12; Wed Jun 26, 2013, 10:32 AM.

Comment

I just wrote a huge post about how if Miami wants to trade Bosh to us, we should entertain it. However, I would N E V E R trade JV for Bosh. NEVER. EVER EVER. JV on his rookie contract is about the BEST contract you can have. To trade that for Bosh? No way. With Bosh and Lebron able to opt out of their contracts next year, I would't even trade GAY+JV for Bosh + Lebron (unless lebron told me back channel that he'd sign an extension here).

So NO, NO, 1000 times, NO!
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

GeeGees12 wrote: View Post
                                A division title with no help whatsoever perhaps? & pretty much handed Mithcell the coach of the year trophy on a platter? Bosh is the best player in franchise history, as a main option he's one of the best players in the league on ANY team. Was he garbage in Miami? Of course. But it's kind of hard to put up the same amount of points playing in Miami when LBJ & Wade get the majority of the touches & your role is windled down to rebounding & taking 6 jump shots a game. Do I hate Bosh for leaving? YES Can I blame him? NO CHANCE. With the pieces BC brought in last season having Bosh in the lineup as the main option then having Gay scoring in transition with Lowry getting the ball up the floor quickly could be SCARY. If you want results now, this is an unbelievable option because Val is still 4-5 years to figuring out the NBA game. Especially with Boston looking to rebuild for the next few years.

Hate Bosh all you want folks, but in TO he was unbelievable. If he came back he would be the perfect fit. Do I see it happening, probably not. But anyone who says the team wouldn't be better for the next 5-7 years trading Bosh for Val needs to give their head a shake. The same clowns who say this are the same blind fans who complain when we start off 0-a million in a season and go ask why we can't win games. If you want to win games in the NBA their is only 1 way to do it, pay for them.

Just my 2 cents.

GeeGees12
                                Perfect fit ? you trade Val for Bosh, who's the starting center ? Aaron gray ? so we're gonna try to beat Miami at their own game except they are way more talented than us at the wings. You don't Clog a Hole by creating another one. Getting Bosh gets us in the playoffs than we got to rebuild again in 2-3 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X