Nobody Shoot Me...BUT...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GeeGees12 wrote: View Post
    A division title with no help whatsoever perhaps? & pretty much handed Mithcell the coach of the year trophy on a platter? Bosh is the best player in franchise history, as a main option he's one of the best players in the league on ANY team. Was he garbage in Miami? Of course. But it's kind of hard to put up the same amount of points playing in Miami when LBJ & Wade get the majority of the touches & your role is windled down to rebounding & taking 6 jump shots a game. Do I hate Bosh for leaving? YES Can I blame him? NO CHANCE. With the pieces BC brought in last season having Bosh in the lineup as the main option then having Gay scoring in transition with Lowry getting the ball up the floor quickly could be SCARY. If you want results now, this is an unbelievable option because Val is still 4-5 years to figuring out the NBA game. Especially with Boston looking to rebuild for the next few years.

Hate Bosh all you want folks, but in TO he was unbelievable. If he came back he would be the perfect fit. Do I see it happening, probably not. But anyone who says the team wouldn't be better for the next 5-7 years trading Bosh for Val needs to give their head a shake.

Just my 2 cents.

GeeGees12
    Or a division title in one of the worst divisions in league history, in one of the worst conferences in league history, with some very good help (the Forderon) and some quality role players (Garbo, Rasho, Parker).

Bosh is a good player. Bosh was a good player when he was here. But he was nothing special. His game, as a whole, is replacable and thats why he was never anything extraodinary or unbelievable by NBA standards.

He was/is a very good mid range shooter for a big (or even a player in general), who can handle the ball well enough to use that mid range game to penetrate. That all lead to a very efficient offensive scorer. But he was an average rebounder, an average defender (as a whole. Weak man to man, but good at help D), not much of a passer and has a limited post game (mainly because he has trouble getting deep post position).

Bosh was the classic 'good player on a bad team'. He was never franchise or superstar material, he would have been a very good #2 as a secondary offensive threat, who didn't hurt your team anywhere (specifically when he can play the 4 - a bit more dicey at the 5).

Comment

tkfu wrote: View Post
      just a reminder that bosh leaving, and the deal we got from miami, wasn't all bad: It included the first round pick that we used to draft jv.

(not saying this to defend colangelo or anything; it was the same pick we traded to miami earlier for a half-season rental of shawn marion.)
      hahahahahahahahaha never
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

No

Just no

Comment

There seems to be a sudden rush of love & kisses for Bosh...does Bosh & Wade without Lebron get by Indiana in the East? The guy is a good player who disappears when there is sustained physicality...ok/good during the season and not so much in the playoffs. He made a good decision for his career going to Miami. He should stay there.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
            He made a good decision for his career going to Miami. He should stay there.
            He made a huge mistake by cutting his dreads though. I think EVERYONE will agree on that.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
              When I cheered for the Pistons and now in the finals for the Spurs, it's only because I really liked those teams. Think you can call that bandwagon as well.

I'm probably a bandwagon fan of the Raptors as well. The problem is that the wagon is always derailing and the band is always playing off key.
              I agree with you, and with Letter N. Right now I like Lebron (and the narrative around him), but one day I might not (say, if they win too many championships in a row) and might cheer for someone else. Like Letter N, I don't get this sports code of unwavering loyalty to a team. Why is it that we owe that kind of loyalty to a team? What have they done for us (especially a mediocre team like the Raps).

Bendit, don't get me wrong: if the ECF were between the Raps and a team with Lebron, I'd go for the Raps in a heartbeat. I will always like them as the Canadian team (for patriotic reasons), but I also have at least 1-2 other teams I cheer for, whose players, style, and narrative I like (the Nash/Stoudamire/Marion Suns being one from the recent past).

The refs' MO is definitely to swallow their whistles at the end of games, especially in the playoffs. I agree with you. But that is consistently the case, and not particularly favoring either team, so I highly doubt they would have called those fouls in San Antonio. Besides, Miami did not attempt more free throws than SA once in that series. Not ONCE! How can you say that those might have been called in SA?

And I'm not sure why you think I have no horse in this race. I would have been beyond frustrated if Miami had lost. I HATE losing, which is part of why I bandwagon. As I said, why would I invest my time, money, and energy in a team that will constantly frustrate me? Perhaps others are less frustrated by losing and mediocrity, and therefore don't feel the need to cheer for good teams.

And again, your comment about me changing teams if Lebron changes is both flawed (I may get tired of the narrative surrounding him, if the silly hate dissipates and he wins too many championships), and illogical. You say "Enjoy!" in what seems to be a demeaning way, but why wouldn't I enjoy closely following and cheering for the best player on the planet? As much as I hate the Spurs (from my Phoenix-loving days), I still have a lot of respect for most of them, and truly appreciate the greatness of Tim Duncan (who rightfully makes Bosh look mediocre).

If you're so blinded by your Haterade that you can't appreciate the greatest players in the game, then why do you even watch the sport? For simple loyalty to the Raps?

Comment

LC009 wrote: View Post
                I agree with you, and with Letter N. Right now I like Lebron (and the narrative around him), but one day I might not (say, if they win too many championships in a row) and might cheer for someone else. Like Letter N, I don't get this sports code of unwavering loyalty to a team. Why is it that we owe that kind of loyalty to a team? What have they done for us (especially a mediocre team like the Raps).

Bendit, don't get me wrong: if the ECF were between the Raps and a team with Lebron, I'd go for the Raps in a heartbeat. I will always like them as the Canadian team (for patriotic reasons), but I also have at least 1-2 other teams I cheer for, whose players, style, and narrative I like (the Nash/Stoudamire/Marion Suns being one from the recent past).

The refs' MO is definitely to swallow their whistles at the end of games, especially in the playoffs. I agree with you. But that is consistently the case, and not particularly favoring either team, so I highly doubt they would have called those fouls in San Antonio. Besides, Miami did not attempt more free throws than SA once in that series. Not ONCE! How can you say that those might have been called in SA?

And I'm not sure why you think I have no horse in this race. I would have been beyond frustrated if Miami had lost. I HATE losing, which is part of why I bandwagon. As I said, why would I invest my time, money, and energy in a team that will constantly frustrate me? Perhaps others are less frustrated by losing and mediocrity, and therefore don't feel the need to cheer for good teams.

And again, your comment about me changing teams if Lebron changes is both flawed (I may get tired of the narrative surrounding him, if the silly hate dissipates and he wins too many championships), and illogical. You say "Enjoy!" in what seems to be a demeaning way, but why wouldn't I enjoy closely following and cheering for the best player on the planet? As much as I hate the Spurs (from my Phoenix-loving days), I still have a lot of respect for most of them, and truly appreciate the greatness of Tim Duncan (who rightfully makes Bosh look mediocre).

If you're so blinded by your Haterade that you can't appreciate the greatest players in the game, then why do you even watch the sport? For simple loyalty to the Raps?
                I think there's a difference between liking, appreciating or respecting a team or player or style of play, and actually being a "fan" of a particular team.

For me, it becomes "bandwagon jumping" when somebody suddenly claims to be a "fan" of a team and roots for them just as that team happens to be winning. In my books, a true "fan" is one that stays loyal to their team through good times and bad (especially bad), making victory taste that much sweeter when the good times finally come around.

I think the one acceptable time to switch teams you are a true "fan" of is when an era comes to an end, with the "team" and key players you followed retiring/traded away, so you decide to follow a new team (that isn't a winning team already). For instance, when I first started following the NBA, I was intrigued by a young, dynamic dunker named Michael Jordan, while all my friends were rooting for the more established, successful teams of the day - Magic's Lakers, Larry's Celtics, Isaiah's Pistons and even Dominique's Hawks. The first few years were down years for me, especially the back-to-back conference finals losses to the Pistons, but then as a true "fan" of the Bulls, I enjoyed a decade of success. I started following the hometown Raptors as my #1B team when they came into existence, then when Jordan retired (for the 2nd time) and the Bulls' championship core was blown-up, I shifted my allegiance 100% to the Raptors and haven't looked back. I was proud to NOT be bandwagon fan of Jordan's champion Bulls teams and I'll be proud to NOT be a bandwagon fan of the Raptors, when they finally become a championship-contending team, precisely because I started following them before they achieved success and stuck with them loyally through all the bad times on the road to success.
                Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Wed Jun 26, 2013, 04:21 PM.

Comment

LC009 wrote: View Post
                  Snip

Snip

Not to duplicate, CalgaryRapsfan above answered quite well.

To clarify....It is precisely why I enjoy the game that I watch and follow it.... and follow even more closely one of the crappier teams (Raptors) in the L. This is not entirely a masochistic exercise but I wonder sometimes. I watch other teams but dispassionately....for the game itself not just Lebron (Heat)....kinda gets boring after awhile him beating up on the lessers, all by himself? Dont you like to see competition?

My own preference is an emphasis on team ball and the way the Spurs play. The Heat in my view is a manufactured team of superplayers including Lebron who undoubtedly shall go down as one of the greatest. He is a physical freak who can play every position on the floor because of the hybrid nature of height, strength, agility, speed plus his vision and bb iq. So whats not to admire. You need to stand in line. You also understand that the NBA forced a new CBA to neutralize what the Heat did to form that team.

What I meant by "Enjoy" is that if you get joy out of cheering for a superteam deep in the luxury tax, not from your city, with the best player on the planet, who planned with 2 other major stars to join together to win some championships and all that implies about the dubious nature of the sporting character...then please continue. Thats not my thing. Being a fan most times includes disappointment. So it does for many many players on 29 teams each year. Here we have about 4-5 players who colluded (and take less money) to get on a single team and in effect game the system to give themselves a much better chance to win the championship....and then very nearly lost in six to an aged but resilient team. Is that celebratory? ....other than to Miami fans who are so jaded they barely make it to see their games in season and leave early during playoff ones. Like I said Lebron won it for the Heat.

ps. I also dont understand the concept of being a "fan" of multiple teams....and then having to choose in a headtohead game? But then again you wrote that "you dont like getting tied down to crappy teams" and yet you claim to be a "Raptors fan"? Why? You have me confused about the definition of "fan".

Comment

Thead, I'm not going to shoot you. I'll just chop off your fat ankles for even suggesting.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      Thead, I'm not going to shoot you. I'll just chop off your fat ankles for even suggesting.

hey only one of my ankles WAS fat.
                      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                      X