Clear All

• Realistic Trade: TOR-OKC

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cto2q7j

Toronto Receives:
    Kendrick Perkins
    OKC 1st Round Pick (#29)

OKC Receives:
    Andrea Bargnani

We take on Perkins deal in exchange for Bargnani's. Both are equally horrible, but OKC could be interested in Andrea for his ability to stretch the floor, defend the post against large bigs (he's actually good at this) and provide a bigman with the ability to score the ball in isolation or off the block. OKC doesn't really need to bring in a slew of prospects anyway, and Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka should be able to cover for Barg's rebounding deficiencies to some extent. For us, we get Perk who could be a useful backup center, and a late first round pick. The pick could be used to select a guy like Dieng or even used to trade up to the early 20s and snag a Schroeder or Larkin type.

I could also see OKC being willing to include Perry Jones in such a deal.

Comment

Shit man, I've been pushing this deal for weeks.

I don't think they include Jones and a draft pick. Also, trade machine doesn't count the fact that next year Andrea's salary gets a bump, and if I remember correctly, there ends up being too big a gap to work straight up. So I think Jones on his own is more likely, but if the Raptors are willing to offer something else as well, say Aaron Gray (?? I don't know, just throwing it out there since he'll give them depth/experience in the middle as a bencher), maybe you can squeeze the 29th or 32nd pick in this year's draft out of them. I'd be fine with their 2nd rder since it's technically cheaper and only 3 spaces apart from the 1st rounder.

Comment

And I do realize including Gray would make the salaries even harder to match...but I'm first thinking of who off the Raps roster they might actually want to add...Maybe Acy.

I don't know if they could just send some cash considerations to finish it straight up, Bargs for Perk + a pick. If they can, then obviously I'd be all for that.

Comment

Working...
        X