Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

With all these Bledsoe talks i find it funny that a few months ago i listed a list of PG's that are better than Lowry. Bledsoe is on that list. I remember some of the response that i got LOL. Now you all want him??

If the Raps get Bledsoe for DeRozan. They gotta do something with Lowry(trade). Lowry's ego is too big to be Bledsoe's backup.
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

2. Like Sam17 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Just to be clear I'm all in for DeRozan to Clips for Caron Butler and Eric Bledsoe

Butler will make an excellent trade chip at 8 million expiring...we get to shed DeRozan's overpaid deal. If we can somehow toss Bargnani in the mix as the article indicates we are laughing.

4. Like planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Not sure why Bledsoe is such a hot commodity.. but if the Raps are pursuing him then that means Lowry is going to be dangled as well. I just can't see a situation where both Lowry and Bledsoe would be on the roster at the same time.

DeMar in LAC makes a lot of sense though.. he's from there, Doc was high on him last year, and they need a SG.

6. Like Sam17 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

ESPN has an article up:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

The Toronto Raptors have joined the Orlando Magic at the head of the list of known suitors for Los Angeles Clippers guard Eric Bledsoe, according to sources close to the process.

Sources told ESPN.com that the talks between the Raptors and Clippers are still in the exploratory stage, but the Raptors' interest in L.A.'s prized young point guard is said to be significant.

The Raptors have been openly shopping forward Andrea Bargnani for months and would try, sources say, to include Bargnani in any deal for Bledsoe, which wouldn't necessarily dissuade the Clippers, given their longstanding need for a big man who can stretch the floor. But sources add that Toronto guard DeMar DeRozan is the Raptor most likely to tempt the Clippers, which falls in line with L.A.'s interest in Arron Afflalo in their Bledsoe talks with Orlando.

Some rival executives believe that the Raptors are prepared to part with DeRozan -- recipient of a $40 million contract extension last October -- in the wake of Rudy Gay's arrival and the front-office change that ushered out Bryan Colangelo (who authorized DeRozan's new deal) and ushered in Masai Ujiri.

Post Thanks / Like

if the deal included Bargnani then Clips would need to throw in Caron Butler and Jamal Crawford, a pick and cash

the deal works better without Bargnani DeRozan/Acy for Bledsoe/Butler

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    huh... we talk A LOT about trading DeMar on this forum... but I would be surprised if it happened, simply because Masai spoke of young players, with hard worth ethics that really want to play hard for the raptors (that's basically DeMar) ... if he is out I wonder if a blow up is on the horizon or this is just a ushering in of Ross as our starting 2

Post Thanks / Like

if we can package DeRozan and Bargnani we suddenly open up a tonne of flexibility

Both Caron Butler and Jamaal Crawford would be shipped to contenders OR teams looking to shed salaries by the trade deadline

Post Thanks / Like

Quote connected wrote: View Post
    huh... we talk A LOT about trading DeMar on this forum... but I would be surprised if it happened, simply because Masai spoke of young players, with hard worth ethics that really want to play hard for the raptors (that's basically DeMar) ... if he is out I wonder if a blow up is on the horizon or this is just a ushering in of Ross as our starting 2
    Bledsoe is 23 years old.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    Bledsoe is 23 years old.
    And Derozan is overpaid. Masai likes young, cheap talent

Raptors Republic Starter connected's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bledsoe is 23 years old.
    lol touche hahahaha. I suppose I didn't look at it for the perspective of what's coming in. To be honest I don't know much about Bledsoe -- but a glance at a stat sheet looks like he's an undersized PG, not great assist avg but decent stats as a starter. He doesn't stretch the floor by looking at his 3pt efficiency but has improved his FTs over time.

Not sure if he is a better player than DD or Lowry (who I assume he would replace) but if we could get a draft pick I would do it. Plus, hopefully he would get a smaller contract than DD.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'll be very impressed with Masai if he can get this deal done, even if Barg isn't included

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Dumps bargnani and creates flexibility? Sign me up.

For those who prayed for Calderon versus Lowry will likely be up in arms.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the first time I've actually heard a rumour that DeRozan could be made available. Even if the Raps don't get Bledsoe, I find that very interesting.

17. Like CalgaryRapsFan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote connected wrote: View Post
    lol touche hahahaha. I suppose I didn't look at it for the perspective of what's coming in. To be honest I don't know much about Bledsoe -- but a glance at a stat sheet looks like he's an undersized PG, not great assist avg but decent stats as a starter. He doesn't stretch the floor by looking at his 3pt efficiency but has improved his FTs over time.

Not sure if he is a better player than DD or Lowry (who I assume he would replace) but if we could get a draft pick I would do it. Plus, hopefully he would get a smaller contract than DD.
    6'3. Very athletic and strong PG. Likes to attack the basket like Westbrook and Rose.

Nickname: Mini LeBron.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Why not DeMar and Bargs for Bledsoe and Butler straight up?

Post Thanks / Like

6'3. Very athletic and strong PG. Likes to attack the basket like Westbrook and Rose.

Nickname: Mini LeBron.
    He's 6'1.. well at least based on NBA.com.

Raptors Republic Starter mountio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raps in talks for Bledsoe. AB and/or DD could be involved

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

If this is true .. I could certainly get behind it. Would have to assume we are taking someone's contract back also, which could be a swing factor in the deal. But, if we are getting bledsoe and shedding some salary, im cool to give up DD, who is much more redundant with RG and TR than bledsoe.

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I still think Lowry is the better PG right now. If this goes down its legit that this is a rebuilt.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I still think Lowry is the better PG right now. If this goes down its legit that this is a rebuilt.
    I don't buy that at all....subbing in one young player who the previous GM made redundant through a trade last year for another young player at a position of need. Think what you want about Lowry, but he's older, only has one-year left on his deal...is playing for a contract which means it'll be hard to accurately evaluate him. Could have to overpay to keep him. Hardly a rebuild to secure a position with lots of uncertainty.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They are talking DD and Andrea for Bledsoe, Butler and ? The numbers are waaaay out of whack. What's Odom make?

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information