Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I don't buy that at all....subbing in one young player who the previous GM made redundant through a trade last year for another young player at a position of need. Think what you want about Lowry, but he's older, only has one-year left on his deal...is playing for a contract which means it'll be hard to accurately evaluate him. Could have to overpay to keep him. Hardly a rebuild to secure a position with lots of uncertainty.
    So your under the impression that thier going to be on the same roster this season.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    They are talking DD and Andrea for Bledsoe, Butler and ? The numbers are waaaay out of whack. What's Odom make?
    Odom is done.

Clips have a lot of cap space to use for trades. Paul cap hold kills free agency for them btu not trades

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Puffer wrote: View Post
    They are talking DD and Andrea for Bledsoe, Butler and ? The numbers are waaaay out of whack. What's Odom make?
    Hmm....Third team gets involved?

I also think if they can't land Bledsoe, trying to send Bargs to the Clips is a good idea, even as the 3rd team in a deal where Bledsoe goes to ORlando (or wherever).

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    He's 6'1.. well at least based on NBA.com.
    Yeah he's 6'1, but his 6'8 wingspan (http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Eric-Bledsoe-5786/) gives him a standing reach of 8'2 which is the same as Derrick Rose's. Plus he's an absolute freak athlete.

Post Thanks / Like

Lets say ab/dd turns in to Bledsoe and butler.

What would you think if they turn around and send Lowry/butler/2014 pick top 3 protected to Philly for evan turner and Thaddeus young?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post

What would you think if they turn around and send Lowry/butler/2014 pick top 3 protected to Philly for evan turner and Thaddeus young?
    Sacramento and Utah could become interesting trade partners too.

Post Thanks / Like

That would be the worst shooting backcourt in the league.

Raptors Republic All-Star charlesnba23's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    That would be the worst shooting backcourt in the league.
    wouldn't be worse than now?!

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Odom is done.

Clips have a lot of cap space to use for trades. Paul cap hold kills free agency for them btu not trades
    Realized Odom is done, just pulled his name out of my butt cause I thought they needed his salary. If not, all the better.

Thanks for the explanation

Post Thanks / Like

Quote charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
    wouldn't be worse than now?!
    Yeah it would.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you trade derozan for Bledsoe?

Espn is reporting that the raptors are interested Eric bledsoe with derozan being the main piece of the deal. Would you do this trade?

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Would you guys do this trade magic/raptors/clippers

According to multiple sources raptors are shopping bargnani and derozan for bledsoe + fillers. Orlando is also after bledsoe, link is below:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

How about this trade:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Raptors get: Bledsoe, Afflalo, Butler
    Clippers get: Derozan, Bargnani
    Magic get: Lowry

Why raptors do it: Because lowry and casey haven't gotten along, bledsoe is younger and has a higher upside potentially, is a good defender and distributes the ball well. They also get 2 very good defending wings that can shoot the three to stretch the defense out, which is what we need. We could amnesty Kleiza immediately after this.

Clippers do it: Because they get a quality SG with upside in derozan, and get a stretch 4 which is what they needed. They also get to dump Butler's contract on us, essentially swapping bargnani's contract for butlers. On trade machine they still have derozan's contract at 3 million, clippers might need to add some fillers for this to work.

Magic do it: They are obviously looking for a high quality PG, Lowry fits the mold. Also Afflalo's contract isnt the best.

This would dramatically change the face of our line up and is an intriguing trade, my question to you guys is: Would you do this? Does this make us better?

I think with the acquisition, of Gay, the potential upside of Butler and improved 3 pt shooting and defense on our wings, we wouldn't do too bad on this.

Raptors Are Stacked. Say NO to the tank.
    "Defense wins championships."

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it would.
    turner is a much better perimeter shooter than demar.

Raptors Republic Rookie toebeesaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Lowry & DeRozan are better than Bledsoe. He has no shot and his basketbal IQ is meh! Wouldn't do it for him. DeRozan can be traded but not for Bledsoe IMO.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote toebeesaw wrote: View Post
    Lowry & DeRozan are better than Bledsoe. He has no shot and his basketbal IQ is meh! Wouldn't do it for him. DeRozan can be traded but not for Bledsoe IMO.
    But in terms of improving our defense, and 3 pt shooting, I think that adding Afflalo and subtracting derozan, would be a better fit for our team.

Also bledsoe shot almost 40% from 3pt range last year according to:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bledser01.html
    "Defense wins championships."

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it would.
    Bledsoe > Lowry
    Bledsoe > DeRozan
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Post Thanks / Like

So your under the impression that thier going to be on the same roster this season.
    Not necessarily. But I'm assuming Lowry is likely not the long-term answer at PG. They might both be on the roster to start the season. More likely Lowry is traded in another deal this summer.

Either way, Bledsoe provides security, with which I meant long-term security, at the PG position. He's young, and already seems like he's better at the things we got Lowry for...aggressive play, D, getting out in transition. He's one of the few guys I'm ok trading DeMar for....I like DeMar, but getting Gay just completely clouded his future in TO. That said, I am not attached to Gay. I'd happily keep DeMar and trade Gay if he can bring back a major package. ...I'm also ok trading DeMar for Rondo. Lord knows Toronto can at least offer more than Dallas.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote toebeesaw wrote: View Post
    Because Lowry and DeRozan have outstanding basketball minds?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    According to multiple sources raptors are shopping bargnani and derozan for bledsoe + fillers. Orlando is also after bledsoe, link is below:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

How about this trade:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Raptors get: Bledsoe, Afflalo, Butler
    Clippers get: Derozan, Bargnani
    Magic get: Lowry

Why raptors do it: Because lowry and casey haven't gotten along, bledsoe is younger and has a higher upside potentially, is a good defender and distributes the ball well. They also get 2 very good defending wings that can shoot the three to stretch the defense out, which is what we need. We could amnesty Kleiza immediately after this.

Clippers do it: Because they get a quality SG with upside in derozan, and get a stretch 4 which is what they needed. They also get to dump Butler's contract on us, essentially swapping bargnani's contract for butlers. On trade machine they still have derozan's contract at 3 million, clippers might need to add some fillers for this to work.

Magic do it: They are obviously looking for a high quality PG, Lowry fits the mold. Also Afflalo's contract isnt the best.

This would dramatically change the face of our line up and is an intriguing trade, my question to you guys is: Would you do this? Does this make us better?

I think with the acquisition, of Gay, the potential upside of Butler and improved 3 pt shooting and defense on our wings, we wouldn't do too bad on this.

Raptors Are Stacked. Say NO to the tank.
    No chance in hell unless both TO and LAC are sending draft picks to Orlando. Kyle Lowry gives them a one-year PG rental, and they lose one of the best two-way SGs in the game.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Bledsoe - Demar talent trade off alone would not be something I would want, but if Bargs was a part of this deal then it should be strongly considered. There are other trades that could max the incoming value (a Demar to Utah/Demar to Minni deal possibly) but I dont see another deal where we could get rid of Bargs and add an expiring veteran like Butler along with the young core piece in Bledsoe. Hoping Ujiri only does this deal if we can get rid of Andrea, or else it is really not worth it.

If we did lose Demar like this, could Landry start at the 2 and fit well with Gay? I know it has been talked about before. Obviously shooting would still be an issue, but I think a lineup like that could have some strenghts. Would we need to focus on getting a starter-quality two guard right away? If we could turn Lowry (and maybe another asset like Butler's expiring 8mil) into a decent two way SG (a Danny Green type role player) and a backup PG we could have a solid and more flexible roster.

I see the reasoning and direction behind this trade.

Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread Information