Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    No chance in hell unless both TO and LAC are sending draft picks to Orlando. Kyle Lowry gives them a one-year PG rental, and they lose one of the best two-way SGs in the game.
    Afllalo is a good player, but the magic are trying to trade him for a legit PG in bledsoe, lowry could also fit the bill. Lowry is not a rental if they intend on retaining him.

I don't think this deal is as far fetched as you might think.

Raptors Republic All-Star Mediumcore's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Haven't read all of the posts, but if Toronto is willing to depart with DeMar I wonder if Ross has been impressing management. They must have some confidence in him stepping in to replace DD.

Raptors Republic Superstar Puffer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Haven't read all of the posts, but if Toronto is willing to depart with DeMar I wonder if Ross has been impressing management. They must have some confidence in him stepping in to replace DD.
    He has been working out in TO for the last two weeks and Casey (and presumably Ujiri) have been there to see him.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    Not sure if management is necessarily impressed with Ross, but the acquisition of bledsoe makes lowry expendable. Lowry is a valuable asset with a great contract and could net us a starting calibre SG like afllalo for example.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

These rumors are dumb. It doesn't fill the massive hole at PG (sorry, I've seen nothing to believe homey is anything more than a decent backup on a vaunted squad, and he's undersized like the present starter), creates a huge hole at sg...still have Bargs, still need a real mobile big who can post up, still have an empty bench. It's the same cherry picking players that BC did. Deandre Jordan is not the answer at the 5 if people are hoping he is added...and Afllalo is not as good as Demar. On Orlando forums no one seems upset he is being shipped...No. One.

Post Thanks / Like

*moonwalks across thread*

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Lets say ab/dd turns in to Bledsoe and butler.

What would you think if they turn around and send Lowry/butler/2014 pick top 3 protected to Philly for evan turner and Thaddeus young?
    You couldn't pry a 2014 pick from my cold, dead hands

Raptors Republic Rookie toebeesaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I never mentioned their basketball IQ i mentioned Bledsoe's. You see him as a guy running the offence? He is a better Nate Robinson. Streaky guy who is a good defender but doesn't seem to be the guy to run a team. I can't understand why you move a starting backcourt for Bledsoe.

Raptors Republic Superstar TRex's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote toebeesaw wrote: View Post
    I never mentioned their basketball IQ i mentioned Bledsoe's. You see him as a guy running the offence? He is a better Nate Robinson. Streaky guy who is a good defender but doesn't seem to be the guy to run a team. I can't understand why you move a starting backcourt for Bledsoe.
    How many Clippers game have you watched this year?
    Follow me on Twitter - @11_RRyan

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default True Bledsoe?

Could it be that Ujiri's first move as GM could be to trade two pillars of the BC era?

DeRozan and Bargs for Bledsoe and the salary-matching fodder of Caron Butler and Willie Green?

The ESPN Trade Machine says it's possible: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=poeuxyz

I like it. I don't care that Bledsoe's detractors point to his deficiencies as a "true" pass-first point guard - his physicality alone is an absolute force to be reckoned with. Bring it on I say.

Jetison Rudy Gay as well though, right? I mean, because this would be as much about shedding our skin of mediocrity - rubbing against the rocks and hard places that come with the territory on the way to a re-birth. Shed those three contracts and you're looking at a 2013 Ferry-like tear-down.

That's right. I'm talking about a season of wrecklessly experimental, youth-serving, run-and-gun play with a healthy dose of determination on defense and transition and 3's on offense. Speaking of threes, it's Terrence Ross time. Can he hang? Let's find out. Let's also see if Acy can be the first big off the bench in this high-octane, small-ball world we live in. Obviously the starting power-forward spot is for Amir, and it's time to usher in a from-the-frying-pan-into-the-fire development of Jonas. He's ready for that kind of challenge - it's not like he'll be facing the bloodbaths of the 90's.

As for that elephant in the room, yeah, sure let's sacrifice the standings. It's not just Wiggins waiting in the wings, after all. The 2014 draft is rife with springs of hope not seen since '03...remember that? The Raps are due for a good draft, aren't they? I mean geez, there's got to be some positive result to come from suffering through Oakley's behind-the-back passes in crunch time, bad coaching, fake superstars, bloated contracts, Jamarion Moon, the disappearance of Keon, Garbo's leg, and so on ad nauseum, right?

Which is to say, I'd settle for a team that is losing but not from lack of teeth-gritting effort. Diving for loose balls. Youthful exuberance causing turnovers. "Players fouling out, sir"? "Why, yes, good chap"! I want to cheer for a team lacking even ONE ambivalent, sad-sack, shell of a ball player. Nice guys? Sure, if they're also capable of accidental man-slaughter when they take it to the rim or attempted suicide when trying to draw a charge.

I'm sick of delusional fans, I'm sick of BEING one, what with my blind faith and optimistic outlook. Tear it down I say!

May it rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. Tony Dumas style - for those who know.

Go Raps.

11. Like blackjitsu, bloodyhandedgod liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Interesting...
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bledsoe is known for his great defense, from the games I watched of him (few) he fit that description very well.

He scores at a high percentage (45%), and hits almost 40% of his 3point shots! Add to that he rebounds well, he is a younger and better Kyle Lowry (24).

I like this three way trade with philly (probably getting a pick from us):

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nkf99aq

Raptors then sign Gal Mekel

Bledsoe/Mekel
    Turner/Ross
    Gay/Fields/Acy
    Hawes/Amir/Acy
    Val/Amir

Defensively and offensively this team is potent!

*EDIT* To make the deal maybe more palatable for the rebuilding 76ers, perhaps Thad Young instead of Turner (same contract, but 2 years longer). In that way, most of Phillys contracts become expiring next summer and off the books 2 summers from now, which is perfect for trading.
    Last edited by enlightenment; Sat Jun 29th, 2013 at 11:28 PM.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Rookie toebeesaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote TRex wrote: View Post
    How many Clippers game have you watched this year?
    Enough! I live in the west coast & they had a few National games. Also watched them in the playoffs. What is your point?
    I'm not trying to be an ass. I think that Bledsoe and fillers do not improve this team even if you subtract Bargs. There is more to Basketball then physical physique and talent. If that was the case Lebron should have 10 rings. You have to put it together and I think I've seen his ceiling on a 56 win team that looked bad in the playoffs. Maybe Del Negro didn't use him right but same could be said for Casey and Demar or Lowry.
    Last edited by toebeesaw; Sat Jun 29th, 2013 at 11:37 PM.

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote isaacthompson wrote: View Post

Interesting...
    If Masai can trade Bargs for Bledsoe LMAO greatest GM ever KEEP DEMAR IN TORONTO!

16. Like Sam17 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    If Masai can trade Bargs for Bledsoe LMAO greatest GM ever KEEP DEMAR IN TORONTO!
    Oh please Oh please Oh please.

18. Like isaacthompson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait hold on, the clips want Bargs but NOT Demar!

Raptors Republic Superstar Chr1s1anL's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Replacing DeMar for Evan Turner is just stupid .

Raptors Republic Superstar isaacthompson's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Wait hold on, the clips want Bargs but NOT Demar!
    According to Mark Stein, yes. He's up there with Woj in terms of respect around the media, so I believe him.

Insane.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Bledsoe is known for his great defense, from the games I watched of him (few) he fit that description very well.

He scores at a high percentage (45%), and hits almost 40% of his 3point shots! Add to that he rebounds well, he is a younger and better Kyle Lowry (24).

I like this three way trade with philly (probably getting a pick from us):

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nkf99aq

Raptors then sign Gal Mekel

Bledsoe/Mekel
    Turner/Ross
    Gay/Fields/Acy
    Hawes/Amir/Acy
    Val/Amir

Defensively and offensively this team is potent!

*EDIT* To make the deal maybe more palatable for the rebuilding 76ers, perhaps Thad Young instead of Turner (same contract, but 2 years longer). In that way, most of Phillys contracts become expiring next summer and off the books 2 summers from now, which is perfect for trading.
    I honestly don't see that line up being better than our current line up.

However if we do this trade:

To raptors: bledsoe, afflalo, butler
    To clippers: bargnani and derozan
    To magic: lowry

Then amnesty kleiza and sign mekel this our depth chart now:

Bledsoe/mekel
    Afflalo/ross
    Gay/butler
    Amir/Acy
    JV/gray

If we use our MLE to pick up a quality big to add depth to our 4 and 5 position we are in good shape. We improved our defense (afflalo>derozan) we improved our 3 pt shooting (afflalo>derozan) and since we took back butlers expiring deal and afflalo has 3 years on his deal and is cheaper than dd we improved financial flexibility too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Replacing DeMar for Evan Turner is just stupid .
    Evan Turner is a pretty good addition, and some would argue he fits better next to Gay.

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread Information