Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 288

Thread: Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

  1. #141
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Dino4life wrote: View Post
    I hate Bargnani, but the clipper fans are not that wrong.

    This has all the ingredients i always said bargnani needed to save his career.

    1- He wont be a #1 or 2 option for that team, maybe not even #3 depending on crawford.
    2- Elite Coach
    3- Franchise player who is a leader, and will get on his ass.
    4- Championship aspirations to keep him motivated.

    So when bargnani becomes pretty good, dont look back on this day with remorse. It wasn't gonna work here, clippers just have the ingredients we dont.
    I'm curious what it might take to get the Clips to agree to a trade that revolves around Bargnani for Bledsoe & Butler (and maybe Green)? I'm guessing the Raps would need to add a future (not 2014) 1st round pick to get LAC to favor that deal over the rumored Magic deal. If Butler could be flipped (has value as expiring) for anything positive (ie: lesser expiring and even a 2nd round pick), that would be a pretty sweet deal.

  2. #142
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,062
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    2 extremely interesting points coming from Stein's Tweets:

    1. Bargnani may actually have some real, legit trade value.

    2. DeRozan may very well be on the trade block.


    Us Raptors fans may have been somewhat let down with the lack of 'direction' made visible after the draft, but clearly MU has been quite busy away from prying eyes, both in terms of evaluating the roster and being proactive on the trade front. Me thinks the summer has some excitement waiting for us still... stay tuned!

  3. Like ReubenJRD liked this post
  4. #143
    Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    248
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    2 extremely interesting points coming from Stein's Tweets:

    1. Bargnani may actually have some real, legit trade value.

    2. DeRozan may very well be on the trade block.


    Us Raptors fans may have been somewhat let down with the lack of 'direction' made visible after the draft, but clearly MU has been quite busy away from prying eyes, both in terms of evaluating the roster and being proactive on the trade front. Me thinks the summer has some excitement waiting for us still... stay tuned!
    From what i got from the tweet and the article, is that the clippers are the ones who asked for Derozan, and Masai is open to that, but doesn't mean he's on the trade block, just that he could be moved for the right price. But really which of our players cant ?

  5. #144
    Raptors Republic Starter bloodyhandedgod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    245
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FromDeep wrote: View Post
    Could it be that Ujiri's first move as GM could be to trade two pillars of the BC era?

    DeRozan and Bargs for Bledsoe and the salary-matching fodder of Caron Butler and Willie Green?

    The ESPN Trade Machine says it's possible: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=poeuxyz

    I like it. I don't care that Bledsoe's detractors point to his deficiencies as a "true" pass-first point guard - his physicality alone is an absolute force to be reckoned with. Bring it on I say.

    Jetison Rudy Gay as well though, right? I mean, because this would be as much about shedding our skin of mediocrity - rubbing against the rocks and hard places that come with the territory on the way to a re-birth. Shed those three contracts and you're looking at a 2013 Ferry-like tear-down.

    That's right. I'm talking about a season of wrecklessly experimental, youth-serving, run-and-gun play with a healthy dose of determination on defense and transition and 3's on offense. Speaking of threes, it's Terrence Ross time. Can he hang? Let's find out. Let's also see if Acy can be the first big off the bench in this high-octane, small-ball world we live in. Obviously the starting power-forward spot is for Amir, and it's time to usher in a from-the-frying-pan-into-the-fire development of Jonas. He's ready for that kind of challenge - it's not like he'll be facing the bloodbaths of the 90's.

    As for that elephant in the room, yeah, sure let's sacrifice the standings. It's not just Wiggins waiting in the wings, after all. The 2014 draft is rife with springs of hope not seen since '03...remember that? The Raps are due for a good draft, aren't they? I mean geez, there's got to be some positive result to come from suffering through Oakley's behind-the-back passes in crunch time, bad coaching, fake superstars, bloated contracts, Jamarion Moon, the disappearance of Keon, Garbo's leg, and so on ad nauseum, right?

    Which is to say, I'd settle for a team that is losing but not from lack of teeth-gritting effort. Diving for loose balls. Youthful exuberance causing turnovers. "Players fouling out, sir"? "Why, yes, good chap"! I want to cheer for a team lacking even ONE ambivalent, sad-sack, shell of a ball player. Nice guys? Sure, if they're also capable of accidental man-slaughter when they take it to the rim or attempted suicide when trying to draw a charge.

    I'm sick of delusional fans, I'm sick of BEING one, what with my blind faith and optimistic outlook. Tear it down I say!

    May it rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. Tony Dumas style - for those who know.

    Go Raps.
    I agree, understand and like most of this post.

    And yes I want this trade for Bledsoe. DD can leave. I'll be okay with it.
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

  6. #145
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,031
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote FromDeep wrote: View Post
    Could it be that Ujiri's first move as GM could be to trade two pillars of the BC era?

    DeRozan and Bargs for Bledsoe and the salary-matching fodder of Caron Butler and Willie Green?

    The ESPN Trade Machine says it's possible: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=poeuxyz

    I like it. I don't care that Bledsoe's detractors point to his deficiencies as a "true" pass-first point guard - his physicality alone is an absolute force to be reckoned with. Bring it on I say.

    Jetison Rudy Gay as well though, right? I mean, because this would be as much about shedding our skin of mediocrity - rubbing against the rocks and hard places that come with the territory on the way to a re-birth. Shed those three contracts and you're looking at a 2013 Ferry-like tear-down.

    That's right. I'm talking about a season of wrecklessly experimental, youth-serving, run-and-gun play with a healthy dose of determination on defense and transition and 3's on offense. Speaking of threes, it's Terrence Ross time. Can he hang? Let's find out. Let's also see if Acy can be the first big off the bench in this high-octane, small-ball world we live in. Obviously the starting power-forward spot is for Amir, and it's time to usher in a from-the-frying-pan-into-the-fire development of Jonas. He's ready for that kind of challenge - it's not like he'll be facing the bloodbaths of the 90's.

    As for that elephant in the room, yeah, sure let's sacrifice the standings. It's not just Wiggins waiting in the wings, after all. The 2014 draft is rife with springs of hope not seen since '03...remember that? The Raps are due for a good draft, aren't they? I mean geez, there's got to be some positive result to come from suffering through Oakley's behind-the-back passes in crunch time, bad coaching, fake superstars, bloated contracts, Jamarion Moon, the disappearance of Keon, Garbo's leg, and so on ad nauseum, right?

    Which is to say, I'd settle for a team that is losing but not from lack of teeth-gritting effort. Diving for loose balls. Youthful exuberance causing turnovers. "Players fouling out, sir"? "Why, yes, good chap"! I want to cheer for a team lacking even ONE ambivalent, sad-sack, shell of a ball player. Nice guys? Sure, if they're also capable of accidental man-slaughter when they take it to the rim or attempted suicide when trying to draw a charge.

    I'm sick of delusional fans, I'm sick of BEING one, what with my blind faith and optimistic outlook. Tear it down I say!

    May it rise like a Phoenix from the ashes. Tony Dumas style - for those who know.

    Go Raps.
    I SO disagree with you BUT still had to like this post. You hit it out of the park...Bravo.

  7. #146
    Raptors Republic Starter KeonClark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    I dont know whats crazier the fact that Bargnai is wanted or that fans want him in LA lol!

    " like this trade. they also want Bargnani, hes a stretch 4 that can play pick and pop with CP. I say get it done somehow"

    "Awesome Bargnani is going to be great here"

    "Bargnani will provide the much needed shooting spark"

    "Bargnani? good move as long as we got CP3"

    LOL Twitter give em what they want MASAI!!!!!!!!! Lol

    Those are all probably true though. Bargnani flamed out here because we were expecting him to be something between a Vince and a Bosh, which he never was. He is, as this guy says, a pick and pop guy. Spot up and shoot. But not 25 times a game, more like 13 times a game. And with a winning team, as a 3rd or 4th option, where he doesn't have to rebound, at all. The Clip are probably actually the best fit in the whole NBA for him.

  8. #147
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    Wait hold on, the clips want Bargs but NOT Demar!
    Lol

  9. #148
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,405
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't know why people are surprised the Clips might prefer Bargs...

    -It was painfully obvious the last 2 seasons they needed a floor spacer in the frontcourt since Blake and DeAndre basically prefer to score within 8 feet.

    -The market for stretch 4s is not exactly a stacked one. Stretch 4s on good contracts (Ilyasova, Anderson) are damn-near untouchable. Other guys would cost lots (Love, Bosh).

    Now, obviously they're not in love with Bargnani, but he's just one of the only realistic targets for them as a stretch 4 this offseason, unless they just hope a veteran minimum guy has enough left to help, like Jamison.

    I think ideally they'd want to add Afflalo (a 2-way role player with good shooting) and Bargs (a versatile bench scorer and stretch 4)...but the problem is both Orlando and Toronto want Bledsoe.

  10. #149
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I came late to the part as well ... and apparently I missed a lot ... Bargnani has market value again?! Amazing ... what is this voodoo witchcraft magic you've used Masai?!


    Obviously Bargs for Bledsoe straight up doesn't work ... but if something like this ended up happening, Masai would have my vote for Exec of the year, two years running.
    It does work july1 executed on july10 but they are major luxury tax payers after resigning Paul and filling rest of roster.

  11. #150
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

  12. #151
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    1,043
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    The article from Clips nationed mention no upside to DeRozan due to the fact that he can't shoot 3's and stretch the floor. So... It looks like Bargnani does have value, as mentioned by BC.

  13. #152
    Raptors Republic Starter Sam17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brampton, ON
    Posts
    289
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default



  14. #153
    Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    6,405
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Well, if it's Bargs for Caron, and LAC keeps Bledsoe...you can also probably bet Toronto is going to make more moves. It makes absolutely no sense to keep all of Caron, Fields, Gay, DeMar and Ross....given the salaries.

  15. #154
    Raptors Republic Veteran ceez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    6,141
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Just put Bargs on a plane to LA, Ujiri. Don't let them think about it. Make it happen.

  16. #155
    Raptors Republic All-Star enlightenment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    2,407
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Bargs for Caron Butler.

    Butler is 1 year and 2 million dollars cheaper than Bargnani, he can also hit the three. It would be a great way to flip Bargs, but the question is whats next?

    We still need another big man and have a little glut in the wings assuming people want Fields to play.

    Lowry/Mekel
    Derozan/Ross
    Gay/Butler/Fields
    Amir/Acy/Fields
    Val/Amir

    Derozan for Milsap anybody?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

  17. #156
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer Matt52's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    17,748
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    The article from Clips nationed mention no upside to DeRozan due to the fact that he can't shoot 3's and stretch the floor. So... It looks like Bargnani does have value, as mentioned by BC.
    Noooooooooooooooo?

    Really?

    I am shocked.

  18. #157
    Raptors Republic Starter phez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    just a reminder


  19. #158
    Raptors Republic All-Star Mr.Z's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    MTL
    Posts
    1,012
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lets say we did make a trade with the Clips involving Bargs and Derozan. Who should we go after with all that freed-up cap space?

  20. #159
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    847
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Lets say we did make a trade with the Clips involving Bargs and Derozan. Who should we go after with all that freed-up cap space?
    we can also facilitate trade(s?) as a 3rd party, that would net us assets in return for giving up some of said capspace.

  21. #160
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,746
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    It does work july1 executed on july10 but they are major luxury tax payers after resigning Paul and filling rest of roster.
    Hmm fascinating! Well.. this is all just too good to be true. It must be.
    "I have self-doubt. I have insecurity. I have fear of failure. We all have self-doubt. You don't deny it, but you also don't capitulate to it. You embrace it. You rise above it." -Kobe Bryant

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •