Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Word is the clips are shopping Bledsoe pretty hard, looking for a sg, don't we have a sg we'd be more than willing to part with for a future starter at PG?

Doesn't Rivers LOVE Derozen supposedly? Was he just blowing smoke up our chimney? Is there a trade to be had here? why am i speaking in questions?
    @sweatpantsjer

If we do that, what ar we going to do with Lowry?

Comment

Keep him (TRAAAAAADE CHIIIIIIIIIIIIP) until his contract runs out then hand the reigns over to Bledsoe
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I rather have Lowry and DeRozan than just Bledsoe.

Comment

Bledsoe as is would be an amazing pick up. If he adds a shot to his game he would be a more athletic Ty Lawson.

Comment

They are also shopping Griffin I read. Notice that there seems to be nothing in the air re rumours of Raptor goings on....must be the tight ship MU runs (I hope). We may have to wait until draft night when the chips get pushed in on a deal. I like Bledsoe and would not mind him as a replacement for Lowry who could be dealt for pick/s in another transaction. Bledsoe is an attractive chip for the Clips though.

Comment

I like this idea. Count me in on the Bledsoe pursuit.

Comment

If I were the Clips I'd want to keep Bledsoe, I have no idea what they're trying to do trading him. Chris Paul ain't too happy with the organization right now, what if he bounces?

If they really are then I'd welcome him with open arms. Solid backup, and still developing.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  If I were the Clips I'd want to keep Bledsoe, I have no idea what they're trying to do trading him. Chris Paul ain't too happy with the organization right now, what if he bounces?

If they really are then I'd welcome him with open arms. Solid backup, and still developing.
                  CP is fine now that Rivers will be coaching the Clips. Since they want a change in PF (Griffin), Bledsoe could be used in a blockbuster deal. Their first preference is to get Howard over in a S&T with the Lakers but I dont think LAL wants anything to do with it...right now.

Comment

S&T might be the only thing LAL can get out of howard at this point

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                      S&T might be the only thing LAL can get out of howard at this point
                      I know Griffin and Bledsoe is a real good package but damn that's not even trading in the same division, that's trading in the same building! I don't know if they'd do it just based off of pride.

Comment

Why don't we trade for Bledsoe and Griffin? I think that would make us real great within the next few eyars with them developing.

Also, we'd for sure be the best dunking team in the NBA.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                          Why don't we trade for Bledsoe and Griffin? I think that would make us real great within the next few eyars with them developing.

Don't think we have the necessary pieces to trade for Bledsoe and Griffin, unless we give up a first rounder for next year, which, if MU does, I want his head on a silver platter.

I mean, who would we move?

DeRozan for Bledsoe? Who for Griffin? Bargs? Lol. Dont even know is the salaries match.

But hey, if we can get Bledsoe and Griffin for Bargs and DeRozan, sign me the hell up!

Lowry/Bledsoe (Probably have the best "backup" PG in the league, lol)
                          Ross/??
                          Gay/Fields
                          Griffin/Amir
                          JV/Gray

I know im missing players, having a mental mindblock right now.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post

I think every team in the league would love to trade for Bledsoe and Griffin! From what I've read, the Clips haven't necessarily put them both on the trade block (at least not Griffin), but rather have dangled the package to the Lakers for Howard. I don't think the Raptors have anything that would interest the Clips to even discuss that package.

Having said that, I could possibly see a DeRozan for Bledsoe (S&T) deal working out. Personally I'd rather trade DeRozan for an established starting PF (ie: Millsap), if they're going to trade him.

Comment

How about because Kyle Lowry is better than Bledsoe in just about every facet of the game? All this Bledsoe mania never made any sense to me. He is a fine backup PG, and that's it. Let's look at some advanced stats to compare the two.

WS/48
                              Lowry .133
                              Bledsoe .115

TS%
                              Lowry .543
                              Bledsoe .513

eFG%
                              Lowry .482
                              Bledsoe .473

Ast%
                              Lowry 34.6%
                              Bledsoe 23.5%

Ortg
                              Lowry 110
                              Bledsoe 102

TRB%
                              Lowry 9.5%
                              Bledsoe 8.6%

Drtg
                              Lowry 106
                              Bledsoe 101

PER
                              Lowry 17.5
                              Bledsoe 17.3

Per 36 Ast/TO ratio
                              Lowry 2.79
                              Bledsoe 1.69

Literally the only category that Bledsoe is better than Lowry in is Drtg by a small but appreciable margin. Everything else Lowry trumps him, and he trumps him by a lot in the stats that really matter for PG's (Ast%, Ast/TO ratio). Not to mention this was a poor shooting year for Lowry, yet he still easily outperformed Bledsoe. Also, Bledsoe is also signed for just one more year, so we'd have to resign him to a similar amount we'd have to pay Lowry, so it really is a straight up comparison.

So, please remind me again why we would want Bledsoe over Lowry in the first place?

Comment

Working...
                              X