Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Primer wrote: View Post
    On/off court comparisons are especially brutal to Bledsoe considering when he was off the court Chris Paul was on it, so I avoided using those.
    his defensive on/off was still very good.

Comment

Primer wrote: View Post
      On/off court comparisons are especially brutal to Bledsoe considering when he was off the court Chris Paul was on it, so I avoided using those.
      Just taking everything to paint a picture is all I'm saying.

You are right though.

Be interesting to see the breakdown of his 12 starts. Fg% was just 40%, as an example.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
        Wasn't trying to knock your information, just sometimes the way people use DRTG can be mistaken.

A few others that are useable would be:

defensive on/off
        Bledsoe: -4.9
        Lowry: -0.3

Player Drtg - Team Drtg
        Bledsoe: -2.6
        Lowry: -1.5

DWS/48 (think I did this right, but rushed it cause I don't think people will care that much)
        Bledsoe: 0.127
        Lowry: 0.071

The way I see it, Lowry is a better offensive player and Bledsoe a better defensive player. However, the difference between Lowry's better offense > than Bledsoe better defense. (does that make sense?)
        It will be interesting how a healthy, much better shape, 15lbs lighter, contract year lowry contributes.

Comment

Too late. Orlando snags him up!
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

It will be interesting how a healthy, much better shape, 15lbs lighter, contract year lowry contributes.
            Was weight an issue for him last year? I thought the excuse most were sticking with was that Casey was using him the wrong way.
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              Was weight an issue for him last year? I thought the excuse most were sticking with was that Casey was using him the wrong way.
              Casey definitely used wrong way.

He was out of shape as well. I would like to know how much of that has to do with bacterial infection or any lingering issues. I think Lowry is crazy talented and a starter in the league but I am always fearful of the contract year for vets.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                Too late. Orlando snags him up!
                If that trade happens then Orlando is getting fleeced.

Bledsoe and Caron Butler for Afflalo, Nicholson, and a 1st round pick. That makes absolutely no sense to me from the Magics end. They give up a decent SG on a good value contract (also their main prize from trading Howard), a promising young player on a rookie deal, and a future first just for Bledsoe?

Comment

When I read what Orlando was offering I was confused. They are way over valuing Bledsoe. Maybe AA and the #3, but a rookie scale player in AN as well? Can't see Raptors getting close to that for Bledsoe

Comment

Did Orlando panic on that deal? Wow. And someone here thought a DD exchange would do it? LOL.

We might get lucky on any trades then shouldn't we?

Comment

I'm a big Bledsoe fan but wtf is Orlando doing
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Depends on which draft pick it is. Orlando has a few.

I like this deal although it'd help if we knew which draft pick it was. Afflalo is as unremarkable of a player as they come. We traded Ed Davis for Rudy Gay because we had Amir, and they traded Nicholson with the emergence of Tobias Harris, Vucevic, etc.

Jameer Nelson isn't the future of this franchise, so my guess is they plan to either let him walk or trade him when he's expiring. Either way, he's not the future and if I'm to be honest, he never was. He always seemed like the weakest link on that team even when they were contenders, and yes, even when they had Hedo.

Seems like a good gamble. We traded a first round pick for Lowry. They traded a first round pick and a prospect for Bledsoe. I guess they agree with me that Bledsoe has the potential to be better than Lowry. Even if you liked Afflalo, you can't disagree this team is still a couple years away from playoff talk. Afflalo really doesn't fit into the plan.
                        your pal,
                        ebrian

Comment

Agree with ebrian. Afflalo is just getting in the way if the Magic choose Oladipo or McLemore tomorrow. While Nicholson is a nice player, Harris' emergence made him redundant.

I would bet that the first round pick will be lottery-protected for a couple of years given the fact that the Magic are clearly in the early stages of a ground up rebuild.

Comment

Anyone else want the Raps to try and get in on this deal as a 3rd team???

The Clips are apparently also looking for a stretch PF, which makes sense, and something I've been saying all year, because they desperately lack scoring and a floor spacer in the frontcourt....
                            http://www.sportscity.com/meet-the-n...on/2013/06/24/

Eric Bledsoe and Caron Butler are expected to be packaged in a draft-day trade for Orlando’s Arron Aflallo, addressing the Clipper need for a shooting guard.

With less likelihood of finding a high post center to clear room underneath for Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan figures to remain the starter.

Meanwhile, the Clips will look for a three-point shooting power forward—a “stretch four.”
                            Now, I'm not about to suggest that Bargnani would be their first choice , but realistically, if they're going specifically for a stretch PF, who else could they target? Despite the good PF free agency crop, there really isn't a solid stretch 4 out there, especially one the Clips could afford to add....I think Jamison is maybe the only option as a vet minimum guy. And trades? What other stretch 4 is available and could fit with Griffin and Jordan? Bargs could play with either one and be effective (you know, for Bargs). Love looks to be untouchable again, as he should be, in Minny, at least for this offseason. Anderson/Ilyasova are pretty doubtful given how highly valued they are in their respective teams. Bosh might be on the market, but that's one expensive stretch 4 who would also cost them DeAndre Jordan, in all likelihood.

If the Raps can get in on this deal as a 3rd (or 4th?) team, that might be a pretty good opportunity to turn Bargs into something.

This is a 3-team deal I came up with for an example:
                            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9hzqw6

TOR get: Nicholson, Green and Harrington
                            ORL get: Butler, Bledsoe and Crawford
                            LAC get: Bargs and Afflalo

-In this deal, LAC get a stretch 4 and starting SG. They give up a lot, but Crawford isn't a big loss if Afflalo is there, and if Billups come back. Also Bargs takes on the bench scoring role. SF might be an issue, but I can easily see them using a mini-MLE on someone, or even a couple of solid minimum contract guys who'll want the opportunity to play and win.

-Orlando doesn't give up anything significant other than Afflalo, but have to part with Nicholson. Really, for them he's like Ed Davis though, in that he just doesn't seem to fit into his team's plans. But they get a veteran SG and a young PG. Crawford's deal is a bit cheaper than Afflalo's, and with Bledsoe there, would give them 2 legit threats to break down the D with the ball in their hands.

-Toronto gets one asset out of Bargs, and likely buy out the 2 vets. Both Green and Harrington are non-guaranteed, but both are also vets who may have value. Green as the 3rd SG, and Harrington as a veteran PF, if he's got anything left. And if not, for either one, they're easily paid to go away.

Note: I do think LAC might have to get back a bit more somewhere in this deal. Maybe a 2nd rd pick from Orlando. Maybe Toronto signs and trades Anderson to LAC.

Anyone else ok with something like this?

Comment

If Paul stays, I think Afflalo is a really, really good fit for the Clippers. If the roster looks good; alert for fantasy league bargain.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Anyone else want the Raps to try and get in on this deal as a 3rd team???

The Clips are apparently also looking for a stretch PF, which makes sense, and something I've been saying all year, because they desperately lack scoring and a floor spacer in the frontcourt....
                                http://www.sportscity.com/meet-the-n...on/2013/06/24/

Now, I'm not about to suggest that Bargnani would be their first choice , but realistically, if they're going specifically for a stretch PF, who else could they target? Despite the good PF free agency crop, there really isn't a solid stretch 4 out there, especially one the Clips could afford to add....I think Jamison is maybe the only option as a vet minimum guy. And trades? What other stretch 4 is available and could fit with Griffin and Jordan? Bargs could play with either one and be effective (you know, for Bargs). Love looks to be untouchable again, as he should be, in Minny, at least for this offseason. Anderson/Ilyasova are pretty doubtful given how highly valued they are in their respective teams. Bosh might be on the market, but that's one expensive stretch 4 who would also cost them DeAndre Jordan, in all likelihood.

If the Raps can get in on this deal as a 3rd (or 4th?) team, that might be a pretty good opportunity to turn Bargs into something.

This is a 3-team deal I came up with for an example:
                                http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=k9hzqw6

TOR get: Nicholson, Green and Harrington
                                ORL get: Butler, Bledsoe and Crawford
                                LAC get: Bargs and Afflalo

-In this deal, LAC get a stretch 4 and starting SG. They give up a lot, but Crawford isn't a big loss if Afflalo is there, and if Billups come back. Also Bargs takes on the bench scoring role. SF might be an issue, but I can easily see them using a mini-MLE on someone, or even a couple of solid minimum contract guys who'll want the opportunity to play and win.

-Orlando doesn't give up anything significant other than Afflalo, but have to part with Nicholson. Really, for them he's like Ed Davis though, in that he just doesn't seem to fit into his team's plans. But they get a veteran SG and a young PG. Crawford's deal is a bit cheaper than Afflalo's, and with Bledsoe there, would give them 2 legit threats to break down the D with the ball in their hands.

-Toronto gets one asset out of Bargs, and likely buy out the 2 vets. Both Green and Harrington are non-guaranteed, but both are also vets who may have value. Green as the 3rd SG, and Harrington as a veteran PF, if he's got anything left. And if not, for either one, they're easily paid to go away.

Note: I do think LAC might have to get back a bit more somewhere in this deal. Maybe a 2nd rd pick from Orlando. Maybe Toronto signs and trades Anderson to LAC.

Anyone else ok with something like this?
                                No way clips give up Crawford.

I would be down with this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nhcvk9x

Would work after July 1st.

Problem would be clippers and luxury tax after cp3 extension.

Another problem would be everyone agreeing.

Comment

Working...
                                X