Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    No way clips give up Crawford.

I would be down with this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nhcvk9x

Would work after July 1st.

Problem would be clippers and luxury tax after cp3 extension.

Another problem would be everyone agreeing.
    Yeah, can't see that one working because of all the salary commitments for the Clippers. Just Jordan, Griffin, and Paul will be about $46M, I don't think they want the rest of their salary tied up in their backup PF.

The latest on the Magic - Clippers trade is that they haven't talked in 3 weeks so maybe we shouldn't be talking about it like it's a done deal.

Comment

JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
      I rather have Lowry and DeRozan than just Bledsoe.
      Well, you could have both Lowry & Bledsoe. If Lowry isn't traded for another solid piece, than he expires and that's plus $5 million off the books for the team.

Bledsoe + another asset/salary match for DeRozan + Possible pick/Acy? I don't even know, but the Clippers do lack any above average wings that aren't over 30..
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

ReubenJRD wrote: View Post
        Well, you could have both Lowry & Bledsoe. If Lowry isn't traded for another solid piece, than he expires and that's plus $5 million off the books for the team.

Bledsoe + another asset/salary match for DeRozan + Possible pick/Acy? I don't even know, but the Clippers do lack any above average wings that aren't over 30..
        Like raps, clips need spacing on wings. Dd very much unproven.

Comment

No way clips give up Crawford.

I would be down with this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=nhcvk9x

Would work after July 1st.

Problem would be clippers and luxury tax after cp3 extension.

Another problem would be everyone agreeing.
          Well, they'd be taking Afflalo's and Bargnani's contracts back. I can very easily see a cheap owner not wanting to keep Crawford's long-term deal in a backcourt which I expect would feature CP and Afflalo, and very likely Billups will re-sign even for the minimum. That leaves what, backup SG and small ball minutes for Crawford? They can easily sign a cheap backup SG to play 15-20 mpg behind Afflalo. What they really will need is a SF. In some ways, I can see them being more willing to give up Crawford than Butler, who provides stability/security at SF, and whose contract will expire next season.

I'm not saying they for sure want to trade Crawford, but I don't think he's even close to untouchable or critical to them going forward. He's just a hired gun.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Well, they'd be taking Afflalo's and Bargnani's contracts back. I can very easily see a cheap owner not wanting to keep Crawford's long-term deal in a backcourt which I expect would feature CP and Afflalo, and very likely Billups will re-sign even for the minimum. That leaves what, backup SG and small ball minutes for Crawford? They can easily sign a cheap backup SG to play 15-20 mpg behind Afflalo. What they really will need is a SF. In some ways, I can see them being more willing to give up Crawford than Butler, who provides stability/security at SF, and whose contract will expire next season.

I'm not saying they for sure want to trade Crawford, but I don't think he's even close to untouchable or critical to them going forward. He's just a hired gun.
            Crawford was 2 nd in 6th man of year voting. I think he has more value than you give him credit for.

They also have Matt Barnes who they could resign.

Comment

Crawford was 2 nd in 6th man of year voting. I think he has more value than you give him credit for.

They also have Matt Barnes who they could resign.
              I just don't see it.

Crawford is a one-dimensional player. He is pretty average at all non-scoring aspects of the game. On top of that he doesn't really score that efficiently, making him basically a volume scorer who needs the ball in his hands. But he's also not very good as a matchup defensively.

To explain why I don't think they would care too much about Crawford....His game does not translate well to the playoffs. He doesn't have a game that fits well into any kind of system, and he's fairly easily neutralized because he's a ball-dominant scorer. If he's not scoring buckets, he's basically completely useless.

Career playoff stats:
              29 GP, 30 mpg, .380 FG%, .341 3%, 14.8 ppg, 2.4 apg, 2.0 rpg, 1.38 TOs

I think Crawford is one of the most overrated players in the league. And I generally think that type of guy (undersized SG who ends up playing as a scorer) is an overrated asset. Usually hard to make good use of in more intense playoff basketball.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                ...And I generally think that type of guy (undersized SG who ends up playing as a scorer) is an overrated asset. Usually hard to make good use of in more intense playoff basketball.
                This is a great point (generally, not particularly about Crawford). When you are going into a series, the other team is going to play you multiple times and the other teams players most likely to be guarding any opponent have lots of opportunity to study the book on the guys they will be most likely be guarding. there will be no surprise moves.

There is lots of individual opportunity to practice defense against any specific set of moves, lots of time to study tape, lots of opportunity to pick up on any tells that signal a particular shot is coming. If all you are is a shooter, your effectiveness won't last for the whole series. Danny Green's last three games of the finals are a perfect example. Game 5 he shot 8-15, then 1-7, then 1-12.

Comment

Apparently we ARE going hard in the paint for Bledsoe. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

@SpearsNBAYahoo: Clippers aren't expected to trade Eric Bledsoe tonight despite interest from the Raptors, Pistons, Pelicans, Magic and Mavs, sources tell Y!
                    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Sometimes you have to take a break from real music and listen to this shit

Comment

DD is better every year, loves the city, and works his ass off. I could see the excitement in Bledsoe, but wouldn't trade DD, especially for someone with a year left on their contract. He could walk after this year? DD hopefully isn't going anywhere. I really don't see Toronto getting him, they don't have the pieces... and this guy isn't close to Lawson.

Comment

What would it take to trade for Rondo? Celtics are blowing up their team and rebuilding.

Comment

speedbag wrote: View Post
                            What would it take to trade for Rondo? Celtics are blowing up their team and rebuilding.
                            Probably draft picks and expiring contracts.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post

Sometimes you have to take a break from real music and listen to this shit
                              this is just disgusting. It pisses me off that people like this type of shit. He rhymes nigger with nigger like 4 times in a row.. not even music man. Ive heard more enlightened lyrics off my 12 year old brother freestyling.
                              The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                                X