Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now the Mas want to send Mayo to the Clips for Bledsoe. I doubt we're getting him

Comment

• I'm beginning to think the Bledsoe talk was to drum up interest in Bargs
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        I'm beginning to think the Bledsoe talk was to drum up interest in Bargs
        Maybe.

Does anyone notice all the sg's in play all are shooters and some can shoot AND create for themselves?

Comment

• I find Bledsoe to Milwaukee intersting to say the least.

Jennings there

Teague reported interest

Watch for three team deal?
          DeRozan to Milwaukee with Bledsoe and pieces back to toronto?

Comment

• If we land Bledsoe Lowry is moving Raps cant support both and I dont see much point in having either come off the bench.

Comment

• I wonder if DeRozan and Lowry would be enough to get Rondo out of Boston?

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                I wonder if DeRozan and Lowry would be enough to get Rondo out of Boston?
                If they take on Terry's contract, it might be. And they might have to add a pick, but hey, they just got one from NYK. Maybe they can use that?

Comment

I dont believe Rondo is the right fit here especially if this is a rebuild. He is also a volatile personality who couldn't get along with his Rivers and many team mates. Of course he now has bad knees and an acl tear repair and a lot of mileage. Too risky for my tastes. Wonderful player and leader personality but I think he wants to run the team...literally.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    If they take on Terry's contract, it might be. And they might have to add a pick, but hey, they just got one from NYK. Maybe they can use that?
                    I think Terry got sent to the Nets in the big deal.

Comment

Boston has no interest in moving rondo so no.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                        I think Terry got sent to the Nets in the big deal.
                        Yep, you're right.

Then it's a bit fuzzier. Don't know if they're as desperate to unload Bass or Lee. Wallace is a real possibility when he becomes eligible to be included in multiplayer deals again.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          I think they'll have to listen to offers. They're going to suck hard next year. Rondo is not going to be a happy camper.

I doubt they move him in the summer, but I'd be far from surprised if he's traded mid-season.

Comment

• iblastoff wrote: View Post
                            You never know. Rondo was part of the championship Boston team and he can't be happy that they've blown that team up to start all over. If he demands a trade, Ainge will have be listen to offers. There is also the Gay/Rondo connection which might make the Raptors a favourable destination for Rondo, and we have picks which might be an asset a rebuilding team like Boston is looking for.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                              I dont believe Rondo is the right fit here especially if this is a rebuild. He is also a volatile personality who couldn't get along with his Rivers and many team mates. Of course he now has bad knees and an acl tear repair and a lot of mileage. Too risky for my tastes. Wonderful player and leader personality but I think he wants to run the team...literally.
                              A player of Rondo's skill set is the right fit anywhere. His attitude is another thing all together, and I agree it's not the greatest, but he is one of the best competitors in the league and hates to lose. Frankly, the Raptors could use players that bring a bit more attitude on the floor and there is no denying that the addition of Rondo would make us a much better team.

Comment

• As a PG Bledsoe < Lowry

Scouting report
                                + Quick, athletic guard with good size and tremendous defensive potential.
                                + Nominally a point guard, but no idea how to play offense. Turnover machine.
                                + Poor outside shooter and lacks feel, but has great burst and draws fouls.

Analysis
                                Bledsoe was injured for a big chunk of 2011-12 and on the fringes of the rotation for much of the rest, but he was a revelation in the postseason with his dogged defense and ball pressure.

He played only 436 minutes and his regular-season numbers were pretty ugly. He can't shoot and has an insanely high turnover ratio, which it makes it awfully tough for him to be an effective offensive player. Last season his 45.4 true shooting percentage was about as bad as it gets for a guard, and his turnover ratio would have been the worst at his position with enough minutes. He had a negative pure point rating for a second straight season, which is bad, bad news if you're an aspiring point guard. Basically, you'd be hard-pressed to find a more inefficient offensive player.

Nonetheless, his suffocating defense gives him some value. He's an active, athletic defender with high rates of steals and rebounds, and despite standing 6-foot-1 he can guard many 2s effectively. There's a cost in fouls -- he had one every 7.5 minutes, which is extremely high for a point guard -- but the Clippers gave up 8.5 fewer points per 100 possessions with him on the court.

All of which sets up an important third season for Bledsoe. He'll likely be handed the backup point guard gig and will certainly terrorize opposing backups with his ball pressure. But he needs to show some degree of competence on offense to stay in the rotation.
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X