Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
    I wasn't comparing the two players, and I highly doubt anyone is going to sign Bledsoe to a max contract a la James Harden. However I think Bledsoe's potential is outstanding and that he can have the same sort of improvement going from back up to starting role which Harden had (similar, not the same).

Just to put it in perpective though, James Terry, Jamal Crawford and J.R. Smith were also 6th man of the year winners. If scoring is the only criteria for being a good player then you are right, Bledsoe isn't any good, and all the teams throwing trade offers the way of the Clippers are wrong.
    His defense is incredible.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Lowry isnt going to get Urah Milsap when they just got Trey Burke.
      It was more the idea of multiple trades being agreed upon in principle, prior to pulling the trigger on either one.

As for Utah, I've read that they've publically stated that Burke won't be expected to start next season. They are a young team (Favors-21, Kanter-21, Burke-20, Burks-21, Hayward-23) that wants to develop their core slowly, so a guy like Lowry (young vet on expiring contract) could be a decent option for their starting PG spot next year. Even if they didn't want to keep him, he'd still be a pretty attractive trade chip for them next offseason.

Of course this is all just idle speculation...

Comment

• We're not getting Bledsoe. Too many teams are interested and are offering guys that LAC would prefer over DeRozan. Do we have another option in acquiring a backup PG?

Comment

• Sam17 wrote: View Post
          We're not getting Bledsoe. Too many teams are interested and are offering guys that LAC would prefer over DeRozan. Do we have another option in acquiring a backup PG?
          I'm not terribly disappointed at the thought of a leaner, more-motivated Lowry running the show again (without Calderon eating into his minutes, and with more time under his belt with Casey, Gay, DeRozan, Amir, etc.).

It's not crazy to think that Lowry could play himself worthy of a contract extension.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
            I'm not terribly disappointed at the thought of a leaner, more-motivated Lowry running the show again (without Calderon eating into his minutes, and with more time under his belt with Casey, Gay, DeRozan, Amir, etc.).

It's not crazy to think that Lowry could play himself worthy of a contract extension.
            Agree. Lowry is a talented player and all signs point to him having a good year (in better shape, more time with team, contract year etc..). Plus he's still on a low price, high value contract. No point trading him unless there is a clear upgrade to be had. However, Lowry's style of play will always mean there is a need for a back up PG that can play like a starter because he tends to get injured a lot. Eric Bledsoe can be a back up and play like a starter. He could also be leverage for when it's time to negotiate another deal for Lowry or serve as a safety net for if Lowry walks.

Comment

Don't forget a new offensive coordinator. How known for run and gun.
              @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                Aside from his work ethic (which I admire), what has be proven?

If we aren't a championship caliber team what is benefit of holding the course?
                That he is a starting SG in this league. Bledsoe has yet to prove he can start at PG or even play offense.
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                  Agree. Lowry is a talented player and all signs point to him having a good year (in better shape, more time with team, contract year etc..). Plus he's still on a low price, high value contract. No point trading him unless there is a clear upgrade to be had. However, Lowry's style of play will always mean there is a need for a back up PG that can play like a starter because he tends to get injured a lot. Eric Bledsoe can be a back up and play like a starter. He could also be leverage for when it's time to negotiate another deal for Lowry or serve as a safety net for if Lowry walks.
                  I don't like the idea of two quality PG's playing together. One needs to be the starter, and the other the backup.. and they should both understand their roles and be happy with it.

If we are tanking then I would be willing to trade DD for EB. If we are not then I'd rather trade DD for someone more proven like Millsap, and keep Lowry. Then use the MLE or a subsequent trade to land a quality backup (like Vasquez).

Comment

• Trade Demar for someone like Paul Milsap
                    Keep Lowry, sign a backup PG

Lowry/PG
                    Ross/Fields
                    Gay/Novak/Acy
                    Milsap/Amir/Acy
                    Val/Amir/Gray

I like giving more minutes to Fields, and I think Ross can be formed into a formidable SG by playing in the Starting lineup as the 4th or 5th option where he can compliment, versus playing with the bench where he is asked to do more than he can.

Amir off the bench can still average close to 25 minutes as he can play either C or PF, and Novak will come in for some quick 3 pointers at least 15 minutes a night.

Milsap is my preferred value for Derozan.
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Yeah the idea of Bledsoe, Derozan, Ross and Gay running the fastbreak had me excited, but Lowry is definitely not a PG we should be disappointed with

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                        I don't like the idea of two quality PG's playing together. One needs to be the starter, and the other the backup.. and they should both understand their roles and be happy with it.

If we are tanking then I would be willing to trade DD for EB. If we are not then I'd rather trade DD for someone more proven like Millsap, and keep Lowry. Then use the MLE or a subsequent trade to land a quality backup (like Vasquez).
                        Me neither, however Lowry seems like the type of player that misses a lot of games due to injury. If you're makeing a run at the playoffs then you probably want someone of a higher quality than say Luke Ridnour filling in.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised if Casey was asking for EB. He seem like the perfect Casey point guard. Defense first, tough as nails and offense can use some work. Lets not forget that they both went to Kentucky. They've probably have met before.
                          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• I feel like are defensive would improve with EB and Ross/Fields in the starting backcourt but are offense would take a serious hit. That would put too much offensive pressure on Rudy in the half court. When I think about it I'm still in favour of keeping Lowry. I think people forget how good Lowry can be.
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                              I feel like are defensive would improve with EB and Ross/Fields in the starting backcourt but are offense would take a serious hit. That would put too much offensive pressure on Rudy in the half court. When I think about it I'm still in favour of keeping Lowry. I think people forget how good Lowry can be.
                              I agree with this.

I love a healthy Lowry.

But he has been carrying the potential or breakout label for 2-3 years now.

I worry about contract year with him. I don't worry about his basketball training but his physical training is also a concern.

Still love him as a player very worried about the contract year bump.

Comment

• I'd like to go on record as saying i'm a lowry fan, but as my dude Matt here mentioned, he's had that "breakout star!" label for a while now. Not to mention he's clashed with every single coach he's been with. Granted, Casey is possibly retarded, but it is a questionable trait. Was he used properly? Not really. Should he have been that ineffective, especially on defense though? No. That's what concerns me about him the most. When everything's going fine he's great but when stuff happens its like he shuts down completely.

That's why i'd look long and hard at getting a new PG like Bledsoe.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X