Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theoretically couldn't Lowry and Bargs work for Bledsoe and Butler?

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Theoretically couldn't Lowry and Bargs work for Bledsoe and Butler?
      Tomorrow yes

Comment

Theoretically couldn't Lowry and Bargs work for Bledsoe and Butler?
        Theoretically, yeah. But the Clips have better deals than that on the table for Bledsoe.

Comment

• People need to realized that Doc Rivers must love DD for a reason. I'm happy if his not included in the trade.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            People need to realized that Doc Rivers must love DD for a reason. I'm happy if his not included in the trade.
            Wolstat is reporting that based on comments from in season. Personally I think he was being professional and talking up other teams best or 2nd or 3rd best player after a game.

Clips need spacing and I can't see them pining for dd.... Happy o be wrong though.

Comment

• I'd love to see raps make three team deal with afflalo and Bledsoe coming to toronto, dd and ab to lac, and butler to orl.

Orlando has a lot of less than ideal contracts in Turk, big baby, Harrington, and Nelson. Sending out $20m to clippers and only taking back 10m gives toronto some ability to save orl serious cash and create financial flexibility sooner than later.

Afflalo struggled last year as he was asked to take a starring role when he is best suited as a supporting cast. He would thrive next to Rudy.

Comment

• Worth noting if dd and ab left for butler and eb raps would get about $10m TPE which could be used in sign and trades.

Comment

• Brandon wrote:
                  Derozan won't get you spacing, he'll get you some fast break finishing and low-efficiency inside-the-arc shooting.
                  And he'll get you about 6 FT a game. I will always pick free throw attempts that over 3s
                  @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                    And he'll get you about 6 FT a game. I will always pick free throw attempts that over 3s
                    Math is not on your side.

6 3pt attempts making just 33% gives you 6 points. Up that to 40% and you get 7.2 points.

6 ft attempts needs 100% to get same points.

Comment

• Does foul trouble count for anything?

Comment

• 3pters>freethrows, unless you have very efficient numbers

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          Math is not on your side.

6 3pt attempts making just 33% gives you 6 points. Up that to 40% and you get 7.2 points.

6 ft attempts needs 100% to get same points.
                          Not that I really disagree with you, especially since DeMar is a SG, but there are other advantages to FTs. Most notably getting guys in foul trouble and stopping the clock. I mean, you definitely need a couple of guys who are pretty good at getting to the line. But in DeMar's case (and for any SG), it should never be a tradeoff with 3 pt shooting. If he got 6 FTAs per game AND shot around 33-35% from 3, well then that would be just dandy. It would also be a really bad sign if he started hitting his 3s but his FTAs went down to 3 or 4...a good chance it would be a sign of poorer shot selection and "settling".

Comment

• ^you basically just summed up that no matter what DeMar does or doesn't do will ever be appreciated

Comment

^you basically just summed up that no matter what DeMar does or doesn't do will ever be appreciated
                              What? What are you talking about? I did no such thing. He could very easily be appreciated. He can add 3s to his game right now without it affecting much of anything, and certainly without it impacting his FTs at all. What he has to do to be appreciated is take open 3s when they come to him, slightly reduce his long 2s, and for the rest just keep doing what he's doing. None of this is particularly hard to accomplish if he can improve his distance shooting %.

Comment

• If a shooter like Novak comes in the Bargnani trade. Do you really need that much 3 point shooting from a DD. I know his going to improve this summer. I except him to shoot between 30-33 %
                                @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Working...
                                X