Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why aren't we going hard in the paint for Eric Bledsoe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would you trade derozan for Bledsoe?

Espn is reporting that the raptors are interested Eric bledsoe with derozan being the main piece of the deal. Would you do this trade?

Comment

Would you guys do this trade magic/raptors/clippers

According to multiple sources raptors are shopping bargnani and derozan for bledsoe + fillers. Orlando is also after bledsoe, link is below:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

How about this trade:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Raptors get: Bledsoe, Afflalo, Butler
      Clippers get: Derozan, Bargnani
      Magic get: Lowry

Why raptors do it: Because lowry and casey haven't gotten along, bledsoe is younger and has a higher upside potentially, is a good defender and distributes the ball well. They also get 2 very good defending wings that can shoot the three to stretch the defense out, which is what we need. We could amnesty Kleiza immediately after this.

Clippers do it: Because they get a quality SG with upside in derozan, and get a stretch 4 which is what they needed. They also get to dump Butler's contract on us, essentially swapping bargnani's contract for butlers. On trade machine they still have derozan's contract at 3 million, clippers might need to add some fillers for this to work.

Magic do it: They are obviously looking for a high quality PG, Lowry fits the mold. Also Afflalo's contract isnt the best.

This would dramatically change the face of our line up and is an intriguing trade, my question to you guys is: Would you do this? Does this make us better?

I think with the acquisition, of Gay, the potential upside of Butler and improved 3 pt shooting and defense on our wings, we wouldn't do too bad on this.

Raptors Are Stacked. Say NO to the tank.
      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
        Yeah it would.
        turner is a much better perimeter shooter than demar.

Comment

Lowry & DeRozan are better than Bledsoe. He has no shot and his basketbal IQ is meh! Wouldn't do it for him. DeRozan can be traded but not for Bledsoe IMO.

Comment

toebeesaw wrote: View Post
            Lowry & DeRozan are better than Bledsoe. He has no shot and his basketbal IQ is meh! Wouldn't do it for him. DeRozan can be traded but not for Bledsoe IMO.
            But in terms of improving our defense, and 3 pt shooting, I think that adding Afflalo and subtracting derozan, would be a better fit for our team.

Also bledsoe shot almost 40% from 3pt range last year according to:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...bledser01.html

Comment

Yeah it would.
              Bledsoe > Lowry
              Bledsoe > DeRozan
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

So your under the impression that thier going to be on the same roster this season.
                Not necessarily. But I'm assuming Lowry is likely not the long-term answer at PG. They might both be on the roster to start the season. More likely Lowry is traded in another deal this summer.

Either way, Bledsoe provides security, with which I meant long-term security, at the PG position. He's young, and already seems like he's better at the things we got Lowry for...aggressive play, D, getting out in transition. He's one of the few guys I'm ok trading DeMar for....I like DeMar, but getting Gay just completely clouded his future in TO. That said, I am not attached to Gay. I'd happily keep DeMar and trade Gay if he can bring back a major package. ...I'm also ok trading DeMar for Rondo. Lord knows Toronto can at least offer more than Dallas.

Comment

toebeesaw wrote: View Post
                  Because Lowry and DeRozan have outstanding basketball minds?

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
                    According to multiple sources raptors are shopping bargnani and derozan for bledsoe + fillers. Orlando is also after bledsoe, link is below:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/94...geles-clippers

How about this trade:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Raptors get: Bledsoe, Afflalo, Butler
                    Clippers get: Derozan, Bargnani
                    Magic get: Lowry

Why raptors do it: Because lowry and casey haven't gotten along, bledsoe is younger and has a higher upside potentially, is a good defender and distributes the ball well. They also get 2 very good defending wings that can shoot the three to stretch the defense out, which is what we need. We could amnesty Kleiza immediately after this.

Clippers do it: Because they get a quality SG with upside in derozan, and get a stretch 4 which is what they needed. They also get to dump Butler's contract on us, essentially swapping bargnani's contract for butlers. On trade machine they still have derozan's contract at 3 million, clippers might need to add some fillers for this to work.

Magic do it: They are obviously looking for a high quality PG, Lowry fits the mold. Also Afflalo's contract isnt the best.

This would dramatically change the face of our line up and is an intriguing trade, my question to you guys is: Would you do this? Does this make us better?

I think with the acquisition, of Gay, the potential upside of Butler and improved 3 pt shooting and defense on our wings, we wouldn't do too bad on this.

Raptors Are Stacked. Say NO to the tank.
                    No chance in hell unless both TO and LAC are sending draft picks to Orlando. Kyle Lowry gives them a one-year PG rental, and they lose one of the best two-way SGs in the game.

Comment

• The Bledsoe - Demar talent trade off alone would not be something I would want, but if Bargs was a part of this deal then it should be strongly considered. There are other trades that could max the incoming value (a Demar to Utah/Demar to Minni deal possibly) but I dont see another deal where we could get rid of Bargs and add an expiring veteran like Butler along with the young core piece in Bledsoe. Hoping Ujiri only does this deal if we can get rid of Andrea, or else it is really not worth it.

If we did lose Demar like this, could Landry start at the 2 and fit well with Gay? I know it has been talked about before. Obviously shooting would still be an issue, but I think a lineup like that could have some strenghts. Would we need to focus on getting a starter-quality two guard right away? If we could turn Lowry (and maybe another asset like Butler's expiring 8mil) into a decent two way SG (a Danny Green type role player) and a backup PG we could have a solid and more flexible roster.

I see the reasoning and direction behind this trade.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                        No chance in hell unless both TO and LAC are sending draft picks to Orlando. Kyle Lowry gives them a one-year PG rental, and they lose one of the best two-way SGs in the game.
                        Afllalo is a good player, but the magic are trying to trade him for a legit PG in bledsoe, lowry could also fit the bill. Lowry is not a rental if they intend on retaining him.

I don't think this deal is as far fetched as you might think.

Comment

• Haven't read all of the posts, but if Toronto is willing to depart with DeMar I wonder if Ross has been impressing management. They must have some confidence in him stepping in to replace DD.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                            Haven't read all of the posts, but if Toronto is willing to depart with DeMar I wonder if Ross has been impressing management. They must have some confidence in him stepping in to replace DD.
                            He has been working out in TO for the last two weeks and Casey (and presumably Ujiri) have been there to see him.

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              Haven't read all of the posts, but if Toronto is willing to depart with DeMar I wonder if Ross has been impressing management. They must have some confidence in him stepping in to replace DD.
                              Not sure if management is necessarily impressed with Ross, but the acquisition of bledsoe makes lowry expendable. Lowry is a valuable asset with a great contract and could net us a starting calibre SG like afllalo for example.

Comment

• These rumors are dumb. It doesn't fill the massive hole at PG (sorry, I've seen nothing to believe homey is anything more than a decent backup on a vaunted squad, and he's undersized like the present starter), creates a huge hole at sg...still have Bargs, still need a real mobile big who can post up, still have an empty bench. It's the same cherry picking players that BC did. Deandre Jordan is not the answer at the 5 if people are hoping he is added...and Afllalo is not as good as Demar. On Orlando forums no one seems upset he is being shipped...No. One.

Comment

Working...
                                X