So...he's basically semi-retired?

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    So...he's basically semi-retired?
    semi-jobseeker

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    With all the talk about Ujiri and Casey being on the same page I doubt MU is planning to move Gay or DeMar they have been highlighted like crazy about their off season workouts and progression going into next season, just seems weird to be like "Hey fans this is what your 2 stars are up to before we trade them"
    that would be a better strategy than openly admitting you want to trade him, don't you think?
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

4. Like Fully liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    How is trading away out best players exciting?
    sad when the three best players all are known for the same thing: inefficient volume scoring.

of the three only gay consistently brings more to the table.
    Bruno Caboclo

6. Like Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

They'll get rid of everyone except JV and it's WIGGINS TIME!!!

ďThe saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.Ē - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    that would be a better strategy than openly admitting you want to trade him, don't you think?
    It would be better to stay hush hush and not talk about them at all. If they had to talk about anyone's development just talk about JV to wet the fans appetite about the teams future.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

He wouldn't be a Consultant if he left on his own. This is an MLSE decision to re mediate him into unemployment.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    It would be better to stay hush hush and not talk about them at all. If they had to talk about anyone's development just talk about JV to wet the fans appetite about the teams future.
    True but running a nba franchise is a year round endeavor.

focusing on just one player is a good way to overkill and overhype.while raising unrealistic expectations.
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic All-Star Craiger's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can only hope he perceives a pending bargnani deal as a slap in the face.
    First thing I thought was 'Bargnani deal right around the corner'

Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean Matt? You didn't see Ross' 360 dunk at UW last week? He's the TRUTH!

But seriously, this looks like he couldn't handle Leweike. He basically thanked everyone but Big L. He knows that he can get work elsewhere so why stick it out if you don't like the new boss? They still have to pay him.

Personally, I would be stunned if they moved Demar or Rudy. They've pretty much spun all their PR around those guys. Raptors4Life has a legit point -- they could have concentrated on JV, Ross, leaked rumors about signing that CIS kid...lots of ways to keep things hush until trades are made in early July. We'll probably get some idea tomorrow what's going on though.

Post Thanks / Like

sad when the three best players all are known for the same thing: inefficient volume scoring.

of the three only gay consistently brings more to the table.
    Ya..even sadder when you aren't gonna get much back
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

this totally reinforces my view that Lewieke's merciless style and repeated slams were an attempt to force BC out

15. Like Joey, Miekenstien, drunkmunky liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    What do you mean Matt? You didn't see Ross' 360 dunk at UW last week? He's the TRUTH!

But seriously, this looks like he couldn't handle Leweike. He basically thanked everyone but Big L. He knows that he can get work elsewhere so why stick it out if you don't like the new boss? They still have to pay him.

Personally, I would be stunned if they moved Demar or Rudy. They've pretty much spun all their PR around those guys. Raptors4Life has a legit point -- they could have concentrated on JV, Ross, leaked rumors about signing that CIS kid...lots of ways to keep things hush until trades are made in early July. We'll probably get some idea tomorrow what's going on though.
    He could also be building DeMar/Rudy/Kyle so that they are more attractive assets to other teams. Talking big about them in the media could also be doing the team a favour in that they could be getting better assets in a return trade.

Highly speculative of course, but I don't personally put to much stock in anything people say to the media anymore. Actions speak much louder than words.

17. Like Fully, mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Yikes. That had to be a blowup with TL more than anything....like, TL: hey B how's that franchise name change coming along? BC: Oh I dont know, I havent really given it much thought....been polishing up my resume. TL: WTF B. Then a screaming session ensues.

I dont understand the Bargnani trade reference being made in the thread though....BC had clearly said himself that AB could/would be moved...didnt he?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    He could also be building DeMar/Rudy/Kyle so that they are more attractive assets to other teams. Talking big about them in the media could also be doing the team a favour in that they could be getting better assets in a return trade.

Highly speculative of course, but I don't personally put to much stock in anything people say to the media anymore. Actions speak much louder than words.
    Hopefully actions coming...

MU did say the direction will be known by draft.

Shit oh wait we can't believe that an we. Dammit all to hell.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Yikes. That had to be a blowup with TL more than anything....like, TL: hey B how's that franchise name change coming along? BC: Oh I dont know, I havent really given it much thought....been polishing up my resume. TL: WTF B. Then a screaming session ensues.

I dont understand the Bargnani trade reference being made in the thread though....BC had clearly said himself that AB could/would be moved...didnt he?
    But for what?

Hasn't issue always been bc overvalues the bargster?
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote thead wrote: View Post
    this totally reinforces my view that Lewieke's merciless style and repeated slams were an attempt to force BC out
    Agreed. DC and Ujiri have stayed neutral w/ respect, but Lewieke has professionally slandered the state of the Raptors as a direct reflection of BC's poor capability to manage the team.

Post Thanks / Like

BC: Masai, DUDE, why are you firing all my bros?
    Ujiri: Well, frankly, cause they're terrible
    BC: Bro?
    Ujiri: I don't know what to say, Bryan.
    BC: Bro...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post
    Agreed. DC and Ujiri have stayed neutral w/ respect, but Lewieke has professionally slandered the state of the Raptors as a direct reflection of BC's poor capability to manage the team.
    How do you sugarcoat the truth?

People aren't stupid. They would interpret the message the same but then they'd slam TL for being corporate or politically correct or wimpy or spineless.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Somewhere Doug Smith is crying into a pillow, yelling, "IT'S JUST NOT FAIRRRRRR"

25. Like Axel, Dino4life, slaw liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information