Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Bryan Colangelo has left the Raptors

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote blackjitsu wrote: View Post
    What do you mean Matt? You didn't see Ross' 360 dunk at UW last week? He's the TRUTH!

But seriously, this looks like he couldn't handle Leweike. He basically thanked everyone but Big L. He knows that he can get work elsewhere so why stick it out if you don't like the new boss? They still have to pay him.

Personally, I would be stunned if they moved Demar or Rudy. They've pretty much spun all their PR around those guys. Raptors4Life has a legit point -- they could have concentrated on JV, Ross, leaked rumors about signing that CIS kid...lots of ways to keep things hush until trades are made in early July. We'll probably get some idea tomorrow what's going on though.
    Why would he thank TL? He didn't work with him really did he? He didn't spend any time with him for the past 7 years and his only interaction with him was to be removed from the GM role. Why would he thank him? He considers himself a basketball man, and wants to be part of the basketball decisions. That is all.

2. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote drunkmunky wrote: View Post

Something must be on the horizon now for him.

Raptors Republic Superstar Jclaw's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

....and might be going to the Nets. You can't write this stuff. There are 30 nba teams and he's going to get hired by the one that has Bargnani?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...l-manager-role

5. Like S.R., Just Is, Bendit liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Jclaw wrote: View Post
    ....and might be going to the Nets. You can't write this stuff. There are 30 nba teams and he's going to get hired by the one that has Bargnani?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/14...l-manager-role
    BC and Bargnani...Reunited and it feels so good. Bargnani is going to become the Nets "franchise" player now lol.
    Last edited by A.I; Wed Jan 13th, 2016 at 01:08 PM.
    #FireCasey

All Hail The Pow God

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This part is confusing:

The Nets, sources say, have been drawn to Colangelo because of his strong track record in building contenders in both Phoenix and Toronto as well as his varied experiences over more than two decades in the league.

When was Toronto ever considered a contender under Colangelo?

Raptors Republic Veteran consmap's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote A.I wrote: View Post
    "and Bargnani...Reunited and it feels so good. Bargnani is going to become the Nets "franchise" player now lol.
    Great. Fuck Brooklyn
    "Oh my god man" - Jonas Valanciunas

Raptors Republic Veteran planetmars's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bryan loved giving away his draft picks.. so the Nets are actually the perfect team for him since they don't have any

10. Like OldSkoolCool, Just Is, 3inthekeon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote planetmars wrote: View Post
    This part is confusing:

Contending for bottom in the East?
    #FireCasey

All Hail The Pow God

12. Like Just Is, planetmars liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Just realized it's been nearly 3 yrs. since he's been gone from the Raps. That's a long time before getting a serious (public) nibble from another team. He can trade with dad if he gets the job.
    “When my information changes, I alter my conclusions. What do you do, sir?” J.M. Keynes

Post Thanks / Like

This part is confusing:

We did have that one year. 06-07. When we somehow beat out Boston for 1st in the Atlantic...... but yeah.
    Quote Axel wrote: View Post
    Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

"We were one of four teams left. We can be proud of that, but not satisfied" - D. Casey

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Bendit wrote: View Post
    Just realized it's been nearly 3 yrs. since he's been gone from the Raps. That's a long time before getting a serious (public) nibble from another team. He can trade with dad if he gets the job.
    Nets need to re-stock their draft picks and Philly (where dad Jerry is) has a ton of them. It could make both teams mediocre. Colangelo collusion coming?

Raptors Republic Superstar tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So between the Sixers and the Nyets, it's gonna be Jerry Colangelo vs. Bryan Colangelo?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

This part is confusing:

There is a thought that BC built this team (especially the last two years) and I could see how some owners would think that (though I think thats a key error because of additions by subtractions)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tonious35 wrote: View Post
    So between the Sixers and the Nyets, it's gonna be Jerry Colangelo vs. Bryan Colangelo?
    IF BC gets the job, you absolutely know he's going to try to make a big splash quickly (with the team bottoming out 3-5 years later). Might be an opportunity for Masai to flip some assets for a future un-protected Nets 1st rounder for an over-rated "name" veteran, in a 3-way trade.

Post Thanks / Like

"They don't have control of their own first-round pick until 2019" ... Geezus Christ ... you are terrible Billy King.

21. Like Miekenstien liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    "They don't have control of their own first-round pick until 2019" ... Geezus Christ ... you are terrible Billy King.
    Just a few years before Wiggins FA with Murray, Bruno and Wright developing nicely,....

23. Like Joey liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran KeonClark's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Joey wrote: View Post
    So there is literally zero point in tanking. Colangelo would help. He's not a masterful gm by any stretch, but he's sure a hell of a lot better than Billy king. He was actually above average in a lot of facets. One thing that held him back was his desperation to bring a A"star" to this "small market" but he'll be with a city that has more cache among nba players, I think he'd do well in bk.

25. Like Scraptor liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar tonious35's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    So there is literally zero point in tanking. Colangelo would help. He's not a masterful gm by any stretch, but he's sure a hell of a lot better than Billy king. He was actually above average in a lot of facets. One thing that held him back was his desperation to bring a A"star" to this "small market" but he'll be with a city that has more cache among nba players, I think he'd do well in bk.
    When BC traded Araujo away for Hump (future Kardashian) in 2006, I thought it was a GOD move. Maybe BC will do OK trades that will favor Nets down the road

Raptors Republic Superstar Scraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote KeonClark wrote: View Post
    One thing that held him back was his desperation to bring a A"star" to this "small market" but he'll be with a city that has more cache among nba players, I think he'd do well in bk.
    I think he'll actually do well because of this. The lack of picks will force him to work to his strength, which is gathering win-now talent.

With only Brook Lopez and Thaddeus Young (their best two players) on the books for 2017-18, and Bojan Bogdanovic with a small player option, they'll have a ton of capspace to play with.

In any case if they make it back to the playoffs by then it'll add another fun dimension to the TOR-BRK rivalry.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information