Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

When it became apparent that the status quo — the one presided over by him over the past seven years — was due for a major shakeup, Colangelo chose to step down rather than stand idly by as his decisions were picked apart and discarded one by one.

He couldn’t help but take it personally with each move perceived as a referendum on where he had steered the team.

That he couldn’t stay around is all the proof required that the Raptors are heading for a period of massive change, undoing much of what he had attempted to build.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/basketball/n...nge-is-coming/
    Going on the assumption big changes are coming, when the dust settles tomorrow, what do you hope has happened?
    "You don’t know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Basketball has clear winners every night --
    except at the draft, which is all homework, politics and chance.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Lowry on the move?

Comment From Rhett
    Hey Sam, hearing anything at all about the Raptors?
    12:59

Sam Amico: It's funny. Hadn't heard anything about them all offseason ... now the buzz about them possibly moving Andrea Bargnani just picked up in a major way. Word is, they could move Kyle Lowry too. So stay tuned. The Raptors are gettin' busy

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/nba/cle...51&feedID=3725

Now is the time for the Pointer Sisters: I'm so excited!
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs and Lowry must be able to return something of value ... but man, we better be locking in on someone to play PG!

Drafting a PG in the first round would ensure tank nation, while trading for an upgrade says - contend for home court.

Rondo?
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
    Bargs and Lowry must be able to return something of value ... but man, we better be locking in on someone to play PG!

Drafting a PG in the first round would ensure tank nation, while trading for an upgrade says - contend for home court.

Rondo?
    Don't believe it but aren't gay and rondo tight?
    Bruno Caboclo

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Well, Rondo wanted Rudy in Celtics uniform this past winter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote rocwell wrote: View Post
    Well, Rondo wanted Rudy in Celtics uniform this past winter.
    I believe they are tight.

Did not believe the trade.
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    DeRozan & Lowry for Rondo? That would certainly fall in the 'major tweaking' category...

Raptors Republic Veteran rocwell's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    DeRozan & Lowry for Rondo? That would certainly fall in the 'major tweaking' category...
    It's possible... But... Trading 2 starters to get injured player and trusting medical notes, not really good 1st move for new team's GM.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I ran this on trade Machine 2 days ago and it works beautifully. I like.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

OKC needs a back pg. Wouldn't it be ironic for them to flip the Raptors the 12th pick for Lowry? Who's going to be Raptors pg, then? Calderon is a free agent, just saying.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Trading Lowry should net us something, but who in the league needs a PG right now and would take him on? Utah would make sense, but it would have to be a part of a S&T for Millsap or Al Jeff.

Raptors Republic Superstar Axel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The Kings, Pelicans, Jazz, Mavs, Knicks, and (maybe) the Suns are the teams that need a PG like Lowry. Of that list, I doubt Dallas would take on his salary at this point and I don't see the Knicks having anything to return. That leaves Kings, Pelicans, Jazz and Suns. The Suns have problems with their entire roster and Dragic might be better than Lowry anyway, so unless they are doing this as part of further deals, then they are out.

Kings - have some interesting pieces - Jimmer, Jason Thompson, and picks would all be of interest. Not sure they'd give up #7 for Lowry though.

Pelicans - doubt they'd give up the #6 pick for KL, but maybe. Eric Gordon wants out and can shoot (I personally wouldn't want him but I don't know what UM wants)

Jazz - Sign & Trade makes the most sense for the Jazz and they are the team that most needs an immediate impact at the PG slot. If they are already content to let Al Jeff walk, then perhaps a S&T deal works there or with, ideally, Millsap. Also have the #13 and #21 picks to work with.

Post Thanks / Like

If we got Rondo I would throw up out of excitement

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    Same. But if I was Boston and wanted to tank, the smart move would be to trade him for a 2014 pick

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    Same. But if I was Boston and wanted to tank, the smart move would be to trade him for a 2014 pick
    I don't think any trade the Raptors consider will net a 2014 lottery pick, if Chad Ford is to be believed... sorry I don't have access right now to post as a fancy Tweet capture ;-)

chadfordinsider Chad Ford
    What I know this morning: 3. Hardest asset to get rt now is a '14 lottery pick. Odds at 95% that NO team gives up one. 14 Draft too strong
    12 minutes ago

Raptors Republic Starter Dino4life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Mr.Z wrote: View Post
    No Chance, MU went on and on during press conference and interviews about bringing in ONLY high character guys, rondo has too much of a bad rep for him to be his first move.

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be hard for me to see Lowry go, I think he has a lot more potential to show our team. The only way letting him go would make sense is if we get an UPGRADE at PG (not a rook) and packaging him with Bargs.

I dont believe Lowry + Bargs will net us Rondo, but if it does I would be happy with that trade. My biggest concern though is injury issues (though lowry has a few of his own), less 3pt shooting, and an older player. What would make me happy is the extra defense at the helm, the ability to run a great offense, higher FG percent, and experience on a championship team with HOFs.

One thing I would not do is add Demar to this trade. Lowry and another part of our core like Gay, Amir, or Demar, would not be enough to make me happy with Rondo.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    It would be hard for me to see Lowry go, I think he has a lot more potential to show our team. The only way letting him go would make sense is if we get an UPGRADE at PG (not a rook) and packaging him with Bargs.
    Unless, of course, the whole roster is being dismantled.... Doesn't this seem like a distinct possibility?

If they do trade Lowry, I would not want to package him with Bargs. Seems like that would lessen his value.

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of prediction and prognostication, BC left this franchise a mess. I am excited for the shake-up though (as long as JV isn't touched).
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Post Thanks / Like

I'm still trying to figure out where management stands with the whole "rebuild vs. tweak" debate.
    I think that will obviously drive everything.

I personally hope they go the path of tweaking, as I believe this team has some good pieces that can be used to build around.

So .. pick up a couple of Late 1st/ early 2nd Rounders, while giving up minimal assets (Bargs, Kleiza, Ca$h etc.)
    Hoping they keep at least Lowry, Derozan, Gay, Amir and JV. Might not be possible though. "Gotta spend money to make money" as they say.
    In Masai we Trust.

Page 1 of 38 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information