Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

OKC needs a back pg. Wouldn't it be ironic for them to flip the Raptors the 12th pick for Lowry? Who's going to be Raptors pg, then? Calderon is a free agent, just saying.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

The way Ujiri and Tim said that it will be obvious to fans which course will be taken (after draft night), makes me think tank nation will be in effect. But who knows, maybe they'll pull something crazy off (like Rondo)

Post Thanks / Like

Can we get just one thread with all draft day raptors-related stuff?

Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be hard for me to see Lowry go, I think he has a lot more potential to show our team. The only way letting him go would make sense is if we get an UPGRADE at PG (not a rook) and packaging him with Bargs.

I dont believe Lowry + Bargs will net us Rondo, but if it does I would be happy with that trade. My biggest concern though is injury issues (though lowry has a few of his own), less 3pt shooting, and an older player. What would make me happy is the extra defense at the helm, the ability to run a great offense, higher FG percent, and experience on a championship team with HOFs.

One thing I would not do is add Demar to this trade. Lowry and another part of our core like Gay, Amir, or Demar, would not be enough to make me happy with Rondo.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Gonna have fun checking twitter on my phone every 5 minutes at work today

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Regardless of prediction and prognostication, BC left this franchise a mess. I am excited for the shake-up though (as long as JV isn't touched).
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Personally, I know it may seem a bit far fetched, but I think we should just bring in Canadian kids. Try to trade for Thompson and Joseph, use whatever assets we have to try to get Bennett, Kabongo and Olynyk. Those kids might play hard for the name on the front as opposed to the one on the back. And it's something the fans can get behind.
    I would be ecstatic if Bennett and kabongo are acquired together. One CDn rookie might create a lot of pressure. Two would help shoulder the burden.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not a big fan of this roster, so I would not be sad to see major changes. In no particular order, I would say the following needs to be addressed (no matter what the overall strategy is):

1. Bargnani needs to go. Whether it's tonight or not, it needs to happen sooner rather than later.

2. Sorting out the wings. They have way too many bodies on the wings (DD, Gay, Ross, Fields, Kleiza, Anderson) - most of whom are mediocreat best - making way too much money.

3. PG. Needs to be addressed in some way, shape or form, which depends on what the overall strategy is going forward.

Raptors Republic All-Star Fully's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm hoping that Ujiri can move as many pieces from the Bargnani/DD/Gay/Lowry group as possible in return for 2013 lottery picks, 2014 draft picks (reported that 2014 lottery picks are basically untouchable), expiring contracts, and young prospects. All these moves would obviously be done with an eye on hopefully getting into the top five of the 2014 draft, while cleaning up the books and stockpiling assets at the same time.

I could also see Amir being moved as his value is basically at it's peak, however I think there's value in keeping a high-character player who will help a young group keep the losing in perspective as they pile up the L's next season. I'd lump Fields in the same category.

Post Thanks / Like

i'm so excited i could poop myself (i just had ice cream)
    @jerboat

11. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    It would be hard for me to see Lowry go, I think he has a lot more potential to show our team. The only way letting him go would make sense is if we get an UPGRADE at PG (not a rook) and packaging him with Bargs.
    Unless, of course, the whole roster is being dismantled.... Doesn't this seem like a distinct possibility?

If they do trade Lowry, I would not want to package him with Bargs. Seems like that would lessen his value.

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, a crazy amount of responses to basically a crappy article. It doesn't really say anything. Guy had to kill a day of writing, and Colangelo happened to pick that day to resign. So why not throw create some mass speculation that Ujiri is going to make crazy moves?

I'm sure there's changes coming, but it could be small, or big, or whatever. Colangelo just got demoted. There was no way he was staying here for very long. I fully expected him gone by the end of the summer. It happened earlier than I thought, but I don't think this is an indication of anything conclusive for the basketball side of things. I think it's an indication that Colangelo realized he looked like an idiot deciding to keep working for an organization that basically didn't want him there anymore (except maybe Tanenbaum).

Personally, I don't want that much immediate change. It would be nice to get a couple of draft picks if it doesn't cost us a nice piece (JV, Amir, Gay, DeMar, Ross, Lowry). Then I don't care much beyond that other than trading Bargs, which hopefully is one deal that gets a pick somehow.

-If Bargs is turned into a pick/prospect and player, who either fills a role or improves flexibility, I'll be happy.
    -If the Raps can draft Karasev and Kabongo, I"ll be happy...Non-Karasev guys I like at different spots in the 1st....Bennett, Oladipo, Antetokounmpo, Snell, the Jrs.(Tim and Glen), and Tony Mitchell. I would be happy with any of those guys as first round picks, and also there are some guys I am ok with, but less thrilled (MCW, Schroeder, Olynyk)...I haven't decided yet on KCP, mostly because he's projected to go higher than I'd be willing to draft him, so I'm not sure I like going after the pick it would take.
    -Then keep an eye out for disintegrating situations around the league. Boston and Rondo is the first that comes to mind and a stronger possibility now with Rivers gone, and them clearly headed for a rebuild. Love looks safe in Minny for this season. And I'd be pretty happy to get Rondo or Wall...Wall seemed less safe last summer, but after a strong finish to the season and the promise of him being paired with Beal, I feel like now he's safe in Washington until they decide what he's worth and if they'll re-sign him....I also wouldnt mind a quality PF, but I feel like that's less necessary. Ideally I'd want a stretch 4 like Ilyasova (since the all-star talents like Love aren't likely), or a hustle 4 like J-Smoove (BUT NOT AT HIS ASKING PRICE). I think Thaddeus Young is an interesting option to keep an eye on if Philly blows it up. I also think Philly in general should be watched for if they decide to blow it up...I love Jrue Holiday, and I'd take him over Rondo or Wall.

14. Like Letter N liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar enlightenment's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    -Then keep an eye out for disintegrating situations around the league. Boston and Rondo is the first that comes to mind and a stronger possibility now with Rivers gone, and them clearly headed for a rebuild. Love looks safe in Minny for this season. And I'd be pretty happy to get Rondo or Wall...Wall seemed less safe last summer, but after a strong finish to the season and the promise of him being paired with Beal, I feel like now he's safe in Washington until they decide what he's worth and if they'll re-sign him....I also wouldnt mind a quality PF, but I feel like that's less necessary. Ideally I'd want a stretch 4 like Ilyasova (since the all-star talents like Love aren't likely), or a hustle 4 like J-Smoove (BUT NOT AT HIS ASKING PRICE). I think Thaddeus Young is an interesting option to keep an eye on if Philly blows it up. I also think Philly in general should be watched for if they decide to blow it up...I love Jrue Holiday, and I'd take him over Rondo or Wall.
    Jrue and Young for Rudy and Lowry?
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote enlightenment wrote: View Post
    Jrue and Young for Rudy and Lowry?
    More likely something like......Lowry, 2014 (lottery protected) 1st, future 2nd rder, DeMar/Amir, and maybe Acy? For Holiday and maybe Young/Turner/Hawes....I don't know. It would have to be something crazy, and Philly would have to get a 2014 1st rounder out of it. They won't trade him without it. I have no evidence of this, but if they're blowing it up so much as to trade their best player before the best draft in a decade...how could that not be part of the asking price?

Raptors Republic Starter GameBreaker's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Anything involving trading DeRozan is wack. The only guy who wants to be here, who makes huge efforts to better his game, each summer, is the one everyone wants out. Smfdh. Typical TDot shit.
    The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
    Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
    www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
    http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
    http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    Anything involving trading DeRozan is wack. The only guy who wants to be here, who makes huge efforts to better his game, each summer, is the one everyone wants out. Smfdh. Typical TDot shit.
    #bringbackbigmandavis

Post Thanks / Like

*slaps forehead*
    @jerboat

20. Like mcHAPPY liked this post
    Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote GameBreaker wrote: View Post
    "Typical TDot shit" is valuing effort over substance.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

22. Like mcHAPPY, Axel liked this post
    Raptors Republic Superstar Rapstor4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

by this time tomorrow I hope for Bargnani out of fucking Dodge.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Grange just sent this tweet:

Thread Information